LaDarius Gunter

Advertisement
Sloppy Corner technique, but an athlete who seems to be comfortable in space. Looks like he can play some zone, which I'm sure Coach D is dying to see out of guys we bring in. I'll check out the JuCo tape in more detail later.

The fact he was playing zone was the first thing that stood out to me in the High School film. Looked like he enjoyed "sticking his nose in there" as well.

Sloppy Corner technique, but an athlete who seems to be comfortable in space. Looks like he can play some zone, which I'm sure Coach D is dying to see out of guys we bring in. I'll check out the JuCo tape in more detail later.

School Information
School: Jeff Davis, Montgomery, AL
HS Class: 2010

News Feed
Apr 24, 2010

Ladarius ran a PR of 22.93 in the 200m at AHSAA Class 6A - Section 2, placing 9th in the prelims.

Mar 29, 2008

Ladarius ran a PR of 1:03.45 in the 400m at Auburn Invitational, placing 42nd.

Those times are not in the least bit impressive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"If he gets a chance to be in this class, he likely will be."

Classic line. lulz

Fort Scott (KS) Community College cornerback Ladarius Gunter was a surprise late addition to Miami's weekend recruiting visit list but he will be a familiar name in Miami circles for the next three years.

Gunter committed to Coach Al Golden on Sunday before embarking on an eight hour trip back to the cold of Kansas to finish his semester and get ready to move to Coral Gables. He will enroll at Miami in January and have three years of eligibility left because he only played one season at Fort Scott.

"This is a great chance for me to come in and play right away," Gunter said. "I feel I can come in and contribute.

Gunter attended Jeff Davis High in Montgomery, but didn't have the test scores to qualify for a major college at the time. So he landed at Fort Scott at mid-year in 2010 and played his first season this year. He had 24 tackles and an interception in seven games.

He got on Miami's radar screen in the spring, but didn't actually set up a visit until last week. The Hurricanes sold him on the opportunity they have right now at corner, with Mike Williams and Lee Chambers graduating and leaving behind lots of uncertainty.

"I got in late Friday, but they welcomed me really nice," Gunter said. "On Saturday, we visited the campus and went to the stadium. I saw the locker room. It was pretty nice. At night, we went out to dinner. Vaughn Telemaque was my host. We had a good time. We went down to South Beach. He showed me everything. It was my first time in Miami. I loved the city."

His commitment came on Sunday when he spent some time with Golden before heading to the airport.

"He's a very straight-forward guy. I like the way he runs things," Gunter said. "He told me how badly they need corners. I wouldn't have committed if I didn't think I could come in and play.

"I am a smart physical player and I'm good in coverage. I can play cornerback or safety, but I am sure I will start at corner. I'm excited. It feels good to be a Hurricane. I always watched Miami growing up, but I'm surprised that now I am going to be a Hurricane."

Dmoney can you expond a little bit on this...I am just a little lost on this commitment..is this a bit of a reach or could we have waited

i am just a little perplexed on how Al approcahes his recruiting...it looks as if he takes the kid that wants to say yes

Thanks. Like this pick up. Seems his game started to catch up to his athleticism in JUCO. Rangy frame, good feet, speed.

Technique can still be improved but looks like an Alabama kid with some talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back