LA TIMES on Kaaya

Advertisement
I look forward to the 2015 season just so I can see Brad Kaaya throwing a slip screen to Treon Harris in the slot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
haven't felt this confident about our future QB since KW....

When I saw Kaaya play, my first thought was that he reminded me exactly of Kyle Wright.

Trust me, that's a huge compliment…..

…from the neck down.

Kaaya doesn't seem as athletic or have as strong an arm as KW, but his touch, pocket presence, and decision making are on a WAY other level

You guys really think so?

I would say he is not as balanced as he could be.

Seems to throw from the crouched position and he has an natural tendency to keep his weight to far back. All correctable things but I cant sit here and say he has perfect balance at this point.

I would rather see him balanced and not crouched so that he remains tall as long as possible (like Brady). His first instinct is to sit back on his back leg in a crouched position. He might be 6'4" but his throwing style looks like it brings him down a couple of inches.

I think Olson had much better balance and form coming out of high school. Kaaya looks to have better arm strength, thats for sure but I think our last QB proved that arm strength doesn't mean that much.

Obviously Treon is severely lacking in his from but definitely brings a completely different skill set to the table.

Would love to see all three of these guys battling it out making each other better.

This kid has great balance and footwork back there.

Advertisement
Back