kyle bellamy

NJtoFLAcane

Thunderdome
went to the W-S dash game tonight and got to talk to him for a few......real nice dude

hes having a good year

he said hes just happy to be back after missing all of last year with an injury.......said last year was so difficult because he was promoted to AA in 2010 and was in big league camp last year when he got hurt.....said hes 100% healthy and feels great...........hes hoping to be promoted to AA before the carolina league ASB......personally......i think it may happen sooner

i think he could probably finish the year at AAA

if things keep going.....next year could be the time for him in chicago

also asked if he was following the team this year........he said he has been following and still talks to erickson quite a bit

he said that he thinks this is the best staff weve had in years

said that of the young kids........he likes salas and diaz the most of the bunch

Advertisement
Bellamy was dominant in A ball in 2010 before the injury, and when he went up to AA he couldn't get anybody out. Now he's back in A ball this year and is dominant again. The big test is when he moves up to AA again.

Bellamy was dominant in A ball in 2010 before the injury, and when he went up to AA he couldn't get anybody out. Now he's back in A ball this year and is dominant again. The big test is when he moves up to AA again.

he also started walking alot of guys in AA also

i saw him here 22 years ago and ive seen him this year.......and he looks like a much different pitcher this year than he did two years ago

hes not gonna be here much longer........so hopefully he keeps it up when he does get moved up

The quality of hitters he sees in A ball isn't that different from college. In AA you are going up against some premier prospects. Huge jump.

The quality of hitters he sees in A ball isn't that different from college. In AA you are going up against some premier prospects. Huge jump.
that isnt necessarily true

there are a few guys he faced in 2010 that are already everyday players in the majors

steve lombardozzi
devin mesoraco
jason kipnis
will middlebrooks

but i think the one advantage that the carolina league offers both hitters and pitchers is that its only an 8 team league........so you do see the same guys often

but just like any A level team........every team is going to have 1 or 2 guys ranked in the top 20 in their respective systems

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back