KSU depth, blah blah blah

frostycane

Junior
Just though you guys would like a little comparison of starters on a defense that dominated us
DL
42-sr
92-sr
96-sr
55-sr
LB
4-sr
50-jr
2-jr
DB
24-sr
12-jr
23-sr
3-sr

Other contributors.....
17-so
21-so
15-so
94-jr
98-jr
99-sr
44-so
26-sr

They used ZERO freshman, and they have more senior starters on defense than we probably have on our **** team! That is what senior leadership will look like when we get there! Seriously guys go look at the '01 roster it was LOADED with jrs and srs. Lets not act like that does not make a huge difference!

Now for the Offense
qb-7 sr
OL
73-jr
79-jr
66-so
55-fr
78-jr
RB
33-jr
37-sr
WR
3-sr
16-so
86-jr

Others contributing
8-sr
5-jr
4-fr back up qb
15-so 3rd string qb
85-so
14-fr
We know the young guys did not see the field until it was over, but the Sams kid is ELECTRIC! But seriously guys look at the older depth on that team, are we not surprised they overwhelmed us in the trenches. That team will be a top ten team, and we are not, that is a fact not an excuse. That is what vertical depth looks like for those wondering...

Last edited:
Advertisement
No more excuses

That team is not 40 points better than we are. They were favored by 7. Put down the kool-aid.

They're not 40 pts better than us, but a young team freaked out on the road and **** the bed. It is what it is, build from it, and move on.

K State always has a veteran team. They sign like 10 JUCOs a year. So each year they have 15 or so freshman come in and about 10 JRs. Their roster is never going to even remotely look like ours even if they have more turnover.

They're not 40 pts better than us, but a young team freaked out on the road and **** the bed. It is what it is, build from it, and move on.

This is not a valid excuse.

You coach the kids to remian calm. Lose by 10. Lose by 14. You don't lose by 40.

EVERYBODY lost control....including coaches.

No excuses

Advertisement
There's a stark difference between excuses and explanations when looking at a bad situation.

Saying that valid explanations like a Junior/Senior-laden team played almost a perfect ballgame at home are the reasons that KSU beat us by 40 aren't excuses. It's provable reality that can be backed up by comparing the rosters, listing the game stats, and noting how hard KSU has historically been to beat in their own stadium.

Excuses would be crap like the officials screwed us over, that we're actually better but we didn't show it, or that we're actually a great team that just had a bad day. THOSE are excuses.

There's a stark difference between excuses and explanations when looking at a bad situation.
Saying that valid explanations like a Junior/Senior-laden team played almost a perfect ballgame at home are the reasons that KSU beat us by 40 aren't excuses. It's provable reality that can be backed up by comparing the rosters, listing the game stats, and noting how hard KSU has historically been to beat in their own stadium.

Excuses would be crap like the officials screwed us over, that we're actually better but we didn't show it, or that we're actually a great team that just had a bad day. THOSE are excuses.

They are one in the same.

It's one thing to say our very young defense wet the bed. But our not so young offense, to include Junior QB, Senior RB, and veteran OL minus ONE freshman laid an egg as well. Our YOUNG WR's actually had a decent game when they got the ball.

Any excuses/explanations for that?

IMO, THE RECENT ATTACKS ON THE COACHING STAFF IS OUT OF ANGER AND THE FEELING OF BEING MISLEAD TO BELIEVE OUR OWN BABBLE, TALENT LEVELS, **STARS**, PUMP UP VIDS, INTERVIEWS, MEDIA QUOTES, ETC.....ARE WE STRONGER & FASTER THAN LAST YEAR? YES......DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSLATE TO WINS? NO

THE ONE CONSISTENT FACTOR (WIN OR LOSE) IS THE YOUTH OF THIS PROGRAM...THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY PROGRAMS WHO CAN LOSE THE AMOUNT OF STARTERS WE DID ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL IN ONE YEAR, START THE AMOUNT OF TRUE FROSH AND COME BACK TO COMPETE...(SEE FROSTYCANE'S ORIGINAL POST)

IF THE FINGER OF BLAME FOR OUR PAIN IS TO BE POINTED AT ANYTHING, IT'S THE MASS EXODUS AND LACK OF EXPERIENCE ON THE FIELD....GOLDIE WASN'T GONNA KISS THEIR GREEDY NFL DREAMIN' ASSES TO STAY (RIGHTFULLY SO) ....AND HE SENT THAT SAME MESSAGE TO HIS PLAYERS AND ANY / ALL POTENTIAL RECRUITS....

LOVE IT OR HATE IT, THE TRUTH IS THREE WEEKS AGO, WE WERE ALL (INCLUDING MYSELF) PUMPED AND READY TO GET A GLIMPSE AT OUR FUTURE....WE AUTOMATICALLY EXPECTED THIS TEAM TO DOMINATE AND COMPETE BEFORE THEY EVER TOOK THE FIELD.... TO LAY OUR LOFTED EXPECTATIONS ON THE COACHING STAFF'S SHOULDERS, SCREAMING FOR THEIR HEADS ON A SILVER PLATTER JUST STARTS THE ENDLESS CYCLE OF PROGRAM INCONSISTENCIES FROM TOP TO BOTTOM ALL OVER AGAIN....THE REALITY IS THE PAIN OF KNOWING THE TEAM WE HAVE MAY NEVER BE THE TEAM WE WANT.....AND TRUST ME, SHALALA'S OK WITH THAT...

Last edited:
I think we are going to have a good season. I'm not bashing. I see 8 games for this team with a nice bowl. Even maybe a Coastal title.

But they lost control in the Kstate game. I have no doubt this coaching staff learns from this and doesn't let it happen again.

Advertisement
Get ****y if you want to, but no--they're not.

It's one thing to say our very young defense wet the bed. But our not so young offense, to include Junior QB, Senior RB, and veteran OL minus ONE freshman laid an egg as well. Our YOUNG WR's actually had a decent game when they got the ball.

No excuses--just a simple explanation. Our offensive gameplan got blown up when our defense gave up so much to KSU so early, and when we got down, all we could do was throw the football and get out of a good play-calling rhythm, which would have helped us offensively. Also--we looked to Duke Johnson several times, and he had a bad game. Didn't get going on the ground, and had 3 dropped passes as well.

Once again--excuses are just words tossed out there in an attempt to explain something. Explanations are provable. It's provable that our defense gave up points at will all game long (especially early) on Saturday, and it caused our offense to play from behind. The stats I quoted on Duke are provable too:

Duke vs. BC: 7 carries, 135 yards, 2 TD's (56 yards & 54 yards), 3 catches for 10 yards, 3 KO returns for 69 yards.

Duke vs. KSU: 6 carries, 19 yards, 6 catches for 18 yards, 5 KO returns for 148 yards (big 77 yarder late against KSU scrubs), 0 TD's.

One was an excellent game for a freshman, the other was a terrible game for a freshman. Once again--not an excuse, but a provable explanation.

Get ****y if you want to, but no--they're not.

No excuses--just a simple explanation. Our offensive gameplan got blown up when our defense gave up so much to KSU so early, and when we got down, all we could do was throw the football and get out of a good play-calling rhythm, which would have helped us offensively. Also--we looked to Duke Johnson several times, and he had a bad game. Didn't get going on the ground, and had 3 dropped passes as well.

Once again--excuses are just words tossed out there in an attempt to explain something. Explanations are provable. It's provable that our defense gave up points at will all game long (especially early) on Saturday, and it caused our offense to play from behind. The stats I quoted on Duke are provable too:

Duke vs. BC: 7 carries, 135 yards, 2 TD's (56 yards & 54 yards), 3 catches for 10 yards, 3 KO returns for 69 yards.

Duke vs. KSU: 6 carries, 19 yards, 6 catches for 18 yards, 5 KO returns for 148 yards (big 77 yarder late against KSU scrubs), 0 TD's.

One was an excellent game for a freshman, the other was a terrible game for a freshman. Once again--not an excuse, but a provable explanation.

BWCD is probably the best poster on the Football board at the moment. Excellent post.

No more excuses

That team is not 40 points better than we are. They were favored by 7. Put down the kool-aid.

You've got to put this in context. I think K State is definitely double digits better than we are, and it snowballs very quickly when we give up turnovers, and don't capitalize on the few opportunities that present themselves.

Advertisement

excellent post.

No more excuses

Ding ding ding

the miami hurricanes should not be losing to kstate by 35+ UNLESS we have serious scholarship reductions... ENOUGH with the excuses

Advertisement
Al Golen MADE KSU (they were soon exposed, granted)

That 2011 loss, when they put some slow, stupid, white WR in as QB to light us up, was classic Folden. The 2012 game was also classic Folden.

I think we are going to have a good season. I'm not bashing. I see 8 games for this team with a nice bowl. Even maybe a Coastal title.

But they lost control in the Kstate game. I have no doubt this coaching staff learns from this and doesn't let it happen again.

How do I neg myself?

Advertisement
Back