Koolaid Bets

LawyerCane

Freshman
OK, I admit it, I drank the proverbial Koolaid right out of the gate. I was absolutely sure Mario was The Man to bring us back, and I’m still hoping he will be. I saw him play in both his championship games. He bleeds orange and green, so I was ready to back it up with wagers with some of my friends here in Virginia. Yep, while I’m a Cane grad, I live in Virginia and I made “several” decent size bets with some of my local VT and VA fans this year. Having drunk the Koolaid big time, I made the following wagers before the season started:

——. Several wagers that the Canes will beat VaTech (no points, straight up)
——. Several wagers that the Canes will beat VA (no points, straight up)

I gotta think I will win all these straight up bets.

——- Then I really took a big drink of the Koolaid, and made a decent size wager that our Canes will be in the playoffs for the national championship within 5 years. I had to think that that they will increase the field from 4 to 12 and surely Mario can bring us back to a top 2 in 4 or 5 years.

With the way the season has gone, what‘s your opinion? Will I come out ahead? I have the same amounts bet on VT and VA games, and actually overall same total ammount on my 5 year in the playoffs wagers.

I will be in Blacksburg to see the Canes win this week!

GO CANES

Advertisement
playoffs will expand to 12 teams in 2 years..

yes Miami will get into the playoffs within 5 years. is that the bet? or you saying in the the nat'l title game? that would be tough to bet in..

. and we beat both VT and UVA straight up...

playoffs will expand to 12 teams in 2 years..

yes Miami will get into the playoffs within 5 years. is that the bet? or you saying in the the nat'l title game? that would be tough to bet in..

. and we beat both VT and UVA straight up...
Nah, my bet is simply that Miami will “be in the playoffs“. If there are 12 teams and Miami is #1 or #12, I still win the bet.

Advertisement
Your talking about the two worst programs in the ACC vs Miami. One who lost to ODU and the other who only won by a last second FG.

The **** are you worried about?

Advertisement
Your talking about the two worst programs in the ACC vs Miami. One who lost to ODU and the other who only won by a last second FG.

The **** are you worried about?
Not worried, but then again for some reason the name Middle Tennessee State rings a bell……..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like it. I want to take the Miami spread this weekend but I’m gonna lay off because Mario likes the running game so much. If we aired it out all game we’ll easily cover the 7 points.

I’ll probably go 3 units on clemson to cover -3.5 this weekend. They’ve been good to me this year.

Advertisement
Back