Knowles

Johhny Cadillac

Freshman
It seems like everyone's pretty much counted him out in the race for a safety spot. But I could remember his name popping up in getting some interceptions in spring and summer practices last year. Anyone else remember his name flashing during that time?

Advertisement
Reminds me of Jamal Carter type of player. Doesn't have blistering speed but hits hard. Hope he can contribute and not turn out to be a JAG.

Knowles prob has better instincts than carter. that dudes was ALWAYS out of place.

Advertisement
People forget Knowles was on Larry Bluesteins list of top 50 players in all South FL his senior year. He isn't fast but dude goes hard as ****

Advertisement
If we get Dean then we can move Redwine to safety.

Saw nothing from Knowles or Finley in 2016 that would indicate either of them will be any good.

Safety: Jaquan, Redwine, Knowles, Finley, Wright, James, Carter, Smith

Corner: Young, Dean, Bandy, Dallas, Jackson, Mayes, Henley

Knowles is definitely a player imo that a staff like this can bring the best out of. I think he can become a very good playmaker. Not sure about Finley, but most True Freshman leave a sense of uncertainty. No big deal there. He will develop too. Some will get it faster than others, but as soon as you get that Golden stink off of people you see what happens. Look at Courtel in the bowl game. Kid was unstoppable.

Advertisement

Saw nothing from Knowles or Finley in 2016 that would indicate either of them will be any good.

But then you saw nothing that indicated that they could not be contributors on defense. Both Knowles and Finley played special teams and contributed quite a bit.

But then you saw nothing that indicated that they could not be contributors on defense. Both Knowles and Finley played special teams and contributed quite a bit.

Haven't given up on them or anything but I think we'd all feel more comfortable with two experienced guys back there. Should be some good competition with Carter arriving soon.

Advertisement
Knowles made plays against third string QBs that should not even be on the roster during the spring. I would not read anything into that.

Advertisement
Back