Know Your Enemy - 2024 Miami Hurricanes vs 2024 Louisville Cardinals

GojiraCane

All ACC
The following is a side-by-side roster comparison of current rosters for Miami and Lousiville heading into the 2024 season

Names in green denote incoming players in their first year in their respective programs:

1708285318703.png

1708285360166.png

1708285389774.png

1708285404983.png

AVERAGE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
  • 2024: 1.84 years (Miami), 2.21 years (Louisville)
AVERAGE 247 RATING
  • 2024: 0.9002 (Miami), .8691 (Louisville)
MIAMI POSITION ADVANTAGES (RATING)
  • Wide Receiver (.9237 vs .8778)
  • Tight End (.9089 vs .8792)
  • Running Back (.9095 vs .8823)
  • Offensive Line (.8838 vs .8623)
  • Quarterback (.8912 vs .8799)
  • Defensive Tackle (.9049 vs .8776)
  • Defensive End (.9321 vs .8880)
  • Linebacker (.9143 vs .8729)
  • Safety (.8911 vs .8712)
  • Cornerback (.8964 vs .8873)
  • Special Teams (.7789 vs .7300)
LOUISVILLE POSITION ADVANTAGES (RATING)
  • None
NOTES
  • Louisville has an experience edge at WR, OL, DT, DE, LB, S, CB, and Special Teams
  • Louisville brought in 25 transfer players this offseason. Average CFB experience is 3 years
  • Miami signed 8 transfer players this offseason with an average CFB of 4.38 years
  • Half of Louisville's offensive line room are new players
  • Four of Miami's nine safeties are true freshmen
  • Miami's true freshmen average .9120 in composite, Louisville's true freshmen average .8757
  • Miami has 21 transfer portal players on roster compared to 24 the previous season
  • Louisville has 38 transfer portal players on their roster

Advertisement
Advertisement
The following is a side-by-side roster comparison of current rosters for Miami and Lousiville heading into the 2024 season

Names in green denote incoming players in their first year in their respective programs:

View attachment 282682
View attachment 282683
View attachment 282684
View attachment 282685
AVERAGE COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
  • 2024: 1.84 years (Miami), 2.21 years (Louisville)
AVERAGE 247 RATING
  • 2024: 0.9002 (Miami), .8691 (Louisville)
MIAMI POSITION ADVANTAGES (RATING)
  • Wide Receiver (.9237 vs .8778)
  • Tight End (.9089 vs .8792)
  • Running Back (.9095 vs .8823)
  • Offensive Line (.8838 vs .8623)
  • Quarterback (.8912 vs .8799)
  • Defensive Tackle (.9049 vs .8776)
  • Defensive End (.9321 vs .8880)
  • Linebacker (.9143 vs .8729)
  • Safety (.8911 vs .8712)
  • Cornerback (.8964 vs .8873)
  • Special Teams (.7789 vs .7300)
LOUISVILLE POSITION ADVANTAGES (RATING)
  • None
NOTES
  • Louisville has an experience edge at WR, OL, DT, DE, LB, S, CB, and Special Teams
  • Louisville brought in 25 transfer players this offseason. Average CFB experience is 3 years
  • Miami signed 8 transfer players this offseason with an average CFB of 4.38 years
  • Half of Louisville's offensive line room are new players
  • Four of Miami's nine safeties are true freshmen
  • Miami's true freshmen average .9120 in composite, Louisville's true freshmen average .8757
  • Miami has 21 transfer portal players on roster compared to 24 the previous season
  • Louisville has 38 transfer portal players on their roster

Did u do this for the 2023 team, as well? If not, can u do that?

Did u do this for the 2023 team, as well? If not, can u do that?
I was going to, but the season kind of fell apart and at that point I was kind of discouraged and decided to discontinue the series last fall.

If I have time I'll put it together (these take about an hour to do). Louisville will be significantly different in 2023; they brought in a lot of new players in 2024 and lost their quarterback.

Last edited:
Advertisement
you watched us vs them last year?.

they got a better team on paper this go round to.
It's better to a degree. We'll have an advantage at quarterback - a strong advantage. Their offensive line had a tremendous amount of change. That could be good or bad. They bring in two highly rated transfer wide receivers with as much experience as George and Restrepo. Our defensive line should negate their running attack.

On paper, they're actually weaker than Colorado (.8691 vs .8733 for the Buffaloes)

It's better to a degree. We'll have an advantage at quarterback - a strong advantage. Their offensive line had a tremendous amount of change. That could be good or bad. They bring in two highly rated transfer wide receivers with as much experience as George and Restrepo. Our defensive line should negate their running attack.

On paper, they're actually weaker than Colorado (.8691 vs .8733 for the Buffaloes)
on offense they did WHATEVER they wanted to Guidry last year.

It was textbook. They will have a better run game imo this year with Chaney and Boone. Their passing attack lost their wr but if no injuries they replaced it easily.

I dont know how much they would beat Colorado by but it would be two scores. lol

They will have a ton of new OL that may be a weakness and at qb but dude picked that guy with a ton of experience a Mario qb so it may have been for areason. They went all in so far for this years run.

Their defense will be better this year in my opinion based off the portal additions.

They arent a small finesse team that Lousiivlle usually is at all.

Advertisement
on offense they did WHATEVER they wanted to Guidry last year.

It was textbook. They will have a better run game imo this year with Chaney and Boone. Their passing attack lost their wr but if no injuries they replaced it easily.

I dont know how much they would beat Colorado by but it would be two scores. lol

They will have a ton of new OL that may be a weakness and at qb but dude picked that guy with a ton of experience a Mario qb so it may have been for areason. They went all in so far for this years run.

Their defense will be better this year in my opinion based off the portal additions.

They arent a small finesse team that Lousiivlle usually is at all.

You're banking on the fact 25 transfer kids can gel into a team. Also, they "may" be better than last year's team. But we will definitely be better than last year's team.

Let's not forget the game in 2023 was decided on essentially the last series, so why wouldn't it be the same this season? We were ahead of them 28-23 headed into the 4th quarter, and were 1st and goal with 2:04 to go in the game to tie it up and couldn't convert. We even stopped them on downs to get the ball back one more time 18 seconds left but couldn't get down the field in time.

Brohm definitely had Guidry's number in the 4th quarter. No LT, no Kelly and no Mesidor might have had something to do with it.

These are now two totally different teams and at worst our game in 2024 will be a toss-up IMO.

I think this is the game to circle. It's the week before FSU, but I can't imagine we'll overlook them given what happened in 2023. And it's off a bye, so we'll have time to rest and lock in. If @Dwinstitles' theory is right an talent beat coaching then this is the game to prove it.

you watched us vs them last year?.

they got a better team on paper this go round to.
We should as well.

We’ve got a roster where the majority of players were recruited out of high school, and I’m expecting a good jump from year 1 to year 2. Nearly half of the Cardinals are transfers, and they may already be at their peak. I’m also not certain how well that new OL will have gelled by the time we play them.

They’re losing by at least 10.

Advertisement
We should as well.

We’ve got a roster where the majority of players were recruited out of high school, and I’m expecting a good jump from year 1 to year 2. Nearly half of the Cardinals are transfers, and they may already be at their peak. I’m also not certain how well that new OL will have gelled by the time we play them.

They’re losing by at least 10.
Weird how we dominate them at every position accepts dbs

One of the most important games this year, I think they will be at the top of the acc again. I think we will too

In a toss up game you take the coaching....

This is a big game match up if u ask me.

I got them and Clemson high up in the conference as potential winners.
Agreed those two and us are my top 3 in the acc this year. Our overall schedule is the easiest out of the acc contenders imo

Advertisement
Back