Know Your Enemy - 2024 Hurricanes vs 2024 FSU

Saying FSU oline is better means you need a different metric.

Not to be an *** cause you spend lots of time but and avg. of the 2 deep might give a better look. Or just those expected to play. I say this cause I’d love to see it.

I noticed they heave a few rooms where number 1 blows away our number 1.
100% because it's not even close.

Also we just took the lead in QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really like their Punter and their Kicker! You csn almost say it's a wash, except for Murray.
LOL

Advertisement
It's not about overall talent, or a comparison of the same position group. It's about matchups. We are an underdog in this game.

With Ward and Powell on board do you still feel that way? What matchup advantages do you think they have? I really don't see any. And I think Ward plus our pass rush puts us over the top.

Advertisement
With Ward and Powell on board do you still feel that way? What matchup advantages do you think they have? I really don't see any. And I think Ward plus our pass rush puts us over the top.
The only match up that would have me concerned is their Wrs vs or DBs. They brought in a lot more speed and I remember them getting behind UGA DBs but there freshman couldn't connect.

Advertisement
It's not about overall talent, or a comparison of the same position group. It's about matchups. We are an underdog in this game.
I’ll bet any amount of money we beat them by 14. FSU better hope to go 6-6 this year

I like Ward vs. their defense, our WRs vs. their DBs is a wash. Our RBs are a wash at best. Our OL vs. Their DL is a matchup advantage for us.

Our DL vs. their OL is either advantage us or a wash. Our DBs vs. their WRs is advantage FSU. Our LBs vs. their offense is a wash.

Close game.

I like Ward vs. their defense, our WRs vs. their DBs is a wash. Our RBs are a wash at best. Our OL vs. Their DL is a matchup advantage for us.

Our DL vs. their OL is either advantage us or a wash. Our DBs vs. their WRs is advantage FSU. Our LBs vs. their offense is a wash.

Close game.

I'm no Noles expert, but that's essentially where I was at too. Except I don't know what to expect from Brown, Benson and the other FSU WRs, so I'm not sure how you can say they have a clear advantage over our DBs. We'll know a lot more a few games into the season. But for now I give us the slightly-more-than-slight overall advantage due to QB and line strength.

I'm no Noles expert, but that's essentially where I was at too. Except I don't know what to expect from Brown, Benson and the other FSU WRs, so I'm not sure how you can say they have a clear advantage over our DBs. We'll know a lot more a few games into the season. But for now I give us the slightly-more-than-slight overall advantage due to QB and line strength.
I'm saying their WRs have an advantage over our DBs because they have a good offensive coach, a mediocre but experienced QB, and most of all, I don't think our DBs are anything special.

Advertisement
Back