KNIGHTON

Diferent times though my friend. If it wasn't, people would be knocking on his door man. What worked for him then, wouldn't work now or at least that's the opinion of AD's across the country.
Butch’s evals would work fine. His age, baggage and schemes are a different matter.

Advertisement
This board simultaneously hates on an informed insider who relates recruiting feedback we don’t want to hear, then hates on our staff for failing to recruit at the level we aspire to.

Macho’s comments aren’t inconsistent with our recruiting this cycle, nor our knowledge of Manny, nor some snippet of a picture of Kanny talking with a recruit’s family.
Actually, Macho’s info directly contradicts what we’ve heard from a recruit’s mother on this forum.

I can’t speak for the communication with HS coaches. Wouldn’t surprise me if we communicated poorly with DB staff, but I doubt that’s the case with every HS staff.

Staff probably didn’t pay too much attention because they know Knighton is not really interested. They are going hard after the kids that are. Plus Deerfield Beach and some of those other Broward school aren’t reall Canes friendly in the past. He is giving attention to the ones that have shown love, but he does check in with every school.

Actually, Macho’s info directly contradicts what we’ve heard from a recruit’s mother on this forum.

I can’t speak for the communication with HS coaches. Wouldn’t surprise me if we communicated poorly with DB staff, but I doubt that’s the case with every HS staff.

Again, not sure why everyone keeps spinning this in a million different directions from the ACTUAL WORDS that Coach Macho used.

"Recruit's mother" and "HS assistant coaches" are two different target groups that may get different treatment from staff.

To sum things up in the simplest way - I don't care if Deerfield hasn't sent us a player in 30 years, we have a new staff, we have Restrepo transferring to Deerfield, DB has a RELATIVELY new head coach (only since 2015), let's not surrender without a fight, let's make an effort, and if we still can't land any DB kids over the next couple of cycles, we can always focus on other schools.

I still think that Macho's point on younger kids is relevant. If DB has a couple of 2022 kids, how does it hurt us to get on them early?

Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
This board simultaneously hates on an informed insider who relates recruiting feedback we don’t want to hear, then hates on our staff for failing to recruit at the level we aspire to.

Macho’s comments aren’t inconsistent with our recruiting this cycle, nor our knowledge of Manny, nor some snippet of a picture of Kanny talking with a recruit’s family.

I'm not 'hating' but I'm taking feelings expressed with a grain of salt. It's not all or nothing, there are multiple angles to it.

1. Macho expresses concerns that we don't interact with coaches and therefore would not recommend sending players here
A. We crash a clinic with a kegger
B. Coaches outside of SoFla love the staff and do feel they can send their players here

2. Macho expresses concerns recruiting friends and family
A. We have family members posting here expressing the opposite

3. Macho expresses concerns over not offering early
A. I agree with this the most;
B. I also feel coaching turnover hurts this

This is all well known information. Do I think Macho is 100% accurate. No. Do I think the family members posting are 100% accurate. No. Do I think the coaches outside of SoFla are 100% accurate. No.

Every story has three sides. The truth is somewhere in the middle and we have (as just about everyone) room for improvement. Let's see how some of these impressions are changed going forward with Manny.

Hi coach quick question. I understand the staff doesn't know how to build relationships. Which is odd but my question is if you see they dont know how to build relationships, wouldn't you go out of your way to do so yourself and introduce yourself and sit with the staff. Tell them about your elite players that they need to look at.
And who knows maybe they can learn from you and other coaches can follow. Especially since your miami fan too. What ever it takes to get your elite to miami. Thank you for your answers in advanced

It doesn’t really work like that. Plus every coach is talking about their “elite” prospect, even if they aren’t. I don’t see why some people are shocked by what Macho is saying. He’s just sharing his observations. Let’s not pretend we had coaches talking about Edge’s nephew at Sebring. A kid we ignored until Bana, Auburn and UGA showed up. Our staff isn’t perfect. They aren’t trash, they just aren’t perfect. Although it’s a flawed approach, maybe they felt that they got the player they wanted from Deerfield, now they are ready to move on. Some of you proposing that Macho initiate a convo and introduce his players is a bit unrealistic. The staff knows who is on the team (Deerfield? They know who is out there.), they just aren’t prioritizing them for whatever reason. Whether it’s 2020 or 2023.

Folks in here acting like scorned b!tches talking about a poster they don’t like as if they did something to em personally and not paying attention to what was actually said. Lol
CIS is pure comedy.
He must have nutted in y’all wives and made y’all raise the baby they way y’all are acting in here.

Advertisement
Butch’s evals would work fine. His age, baggage and schemes are a different matter.

Scheme is part of recruiting as your recruit for a scheme.

He caught lightening in a bottle and then the gane passed him by drastically changing with camps and the internet.

I find it hard to believe that Miami's staff somehow finds the time to
I'm not 'hating' but I'm taking feelings expressed with a grain of salt. It's not all or nothing, there are multiple angles to it.

1. Macho expresses concerns that we don't interact with coaches and therefore would not recommend sending players here
A. We crash a clinic with a kegger
B. Coaches outside of SoFla love the staff and do feel they can send their players here

2. Macho expresses concerns recruiting friends and family
A. We have family members posting here expressing the opposite

3. Macho expresses concerns over not offering early
A. I agree with this the most;
B. I also feel coaching turnover hurts this

This is all well known information. Do I think Macho is 100% accurate. No. Do I think the family members posting are 100% accurate. No. Do I think the coaches outside of SoFla are 100% accurate. No.

Every story has three sides. The truth is somewhere in the middle and we have (as just about everyone) room for improvement. Let's see how some of these impressions are changed going forward with Manny.

Is the Deerfield staff the only staff getting the cold shoulder from Miami? Because literally every other football program in Dade and Broward has sent kids to UM in the last 15 years. Before Restrepo, Miami was like 0-60 at DBH.

To me, the numbers just don't add up. Statistically speaking, UM should have at least gotten a couple kids from a local school that produces a lot of talent.

It goes back a long way though. Way before Macho got a job at Deerfield and way before the current head coach was there. Maybe it's just an incredible coincidence? I mean, the law of averages says that if UM keeps offering kids from there, eventually someone has to sign with them. Except that's not what's happening.

Advertisement
I find it hard to believe that Miami's staff somehow finds the time to

Is the Deerfield staff the only staff getting the cold shoulder from Miami? Because literally every other football program in Dade and Broward has sent kids to UM in the last 15 years. Before Restrepo, Miami was like 0-60 at DBH.

To me, the numbers just don't add up. Statistically speaking, UM should have at least gotten a couple kids from a local school that produces a lot of talent.

It goes back a long way though. Way before Macho got a job at Deerfield and way before the current head coach was there. Maybe it's just an incredible coincidence? I mean, the law of averages says that if UM keeps offering kids from there, eventually someone has to sign with them. Except that's not what's happening.

It seems most noticeable with Deerfield. Now, we have gotten other talented kids from around the area but generally we are not getting THE kids.

I'm sure some of his impressions hold weight but I'm not hanging onto it as the gospel. We all know the shady HS culture in SoFla and I'm sure that is another factor exacerbating the issues.

What you wrote is logically false. Full stop. No amount of sightings of white sheep can prove the non-existence of black sheep, as some economist logician once pointed out. It’s not just a technical distinction, either. Some people are great at dinner dates, others at relationships. No reason to think someone who is good at one will also be good at the other. And while it is possible that we are just bad with DB, it’s not clear why that is acceptable even if true - they have prospects we want, this cycle and in future cycles.

What you wrote is logically false. Full stop. No amount of sightings of white sheep can prove the non-existence of black sheep, as some economist logician once pointed out. It’s not just a technical distinction, either. Some people are great at dinner dates, others at relationships. No reason to think someone who is good at one will also be good at the other. And while it is possible that we are just bad with DB, it’s not clear why that is acceptable even if true - they have prospects we want, this cycle and in future cycles.
I never said both couldn’t be true. That’s why we can’t just take Macho’s experiences as gospel and a strong indication on how the staff is with every single recruit. When we’ve seen both sides of the spectrum on this forum, safe to assume the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Apparently, we don’t want them for future cycles or canes coaches are clueless if we are to believe what Macho has said.

Advertisement
Scheme is part of recruiting as your recruit for a scheme.

He caught lightening in a bottle and then the gane passed him by drastically changing with camps and the internet.
There is zero reason to think the world passed Butch by on evals. That’s insane. He’s the best evaluator of his generation. You are confusing issues pretty badly.

This was what worried me about Diaz, huge red flag. I can recruit better then this and hes right about having foresight. U gotta be tight with everyone or try to be just so they know u a cool *** cat. This worries me big time
Why? You don't really believe this do you? Macho loyalty is DB first, he is trying to save face. Macho is also the same guy that praised Diaz for his stunts in Orlando and how Diaz had a beer with all the coaches. Now Diaz can't recruit and is distant from high school coaches? I'm not buying it.

I never said both couldn’t be true. That’s why we can’t just take Macho’s experiences as gospel and a strong indication on how the staff is with every single recruit. When we’ve seen both sides of the spectrum on this forum, safe to assume the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Apparently, we don’t want them for future cycles or canes coaches are clueless if we are to believe what Macho has said.
Thats a naive assumption, imo. Kids Alabama has offers to that we are so sure we dont want that we are ignoring them? You believe that?

I am not saying Macho’s comment is descriptive of all our coaches actions or relationships. But it isn’t that surprising — I expressed a version of concern about manny in terms of relationships last winter when he was hired, and it didn’t sound inconsistent with this discussion — and it was just from the outside — I have no personal knowledge of Manny, just what I see from the outside.

The point isn’t that one side or the other is 100% right or wrong. We’re in the middle of recruiting. It’s going okay. I’m defending it in some other threads. But it isn’t like we’re pulling surprises left and right. It’s worth trying to understand Manny’s strengths and weaknesses and opportunities in this area.

Why? You don't really believe this do you? Macho loyalty is DB first, he is trying to save face. Macho is also the same guy that praised Diaz for his stunts in Orlando and how Diaz had a beer with all the coaches. Now Diaz can't recruit and is distant from high school coaches? I'm not buying it.
That is not what he said. You’re inventing a strawman to knock down.

Advertisement
Back