KNIGHTON

I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.
Now that's some ****...

Advertisement
The fact remains Deerfield kids don’t come here regardless of staff.
Macho expresses what a parent said about how other staffs run circles around ours and we don’t recruit the family etc etc.
That was the writing on the wall that Knighton wasn’t coming. It should also be a sign that that school will co tonite to rinse and repeat with the rest of their players.
We keep saying that our staff is different and they may be. They may be trying to establish communication and relationships with schools that don’t have a long history of giving us the middle finger.
Relationships are a 2 way street. UM is lucky to have so much talent down here that they may be avoiding certain obstacles.

[/QUOTE]
i think they mean bags lol

This was what worried me about Diaz, huge red flag. I can recruit better then this and hes right about having foresight. U gotta be tight with everyone or try to be just so they know u a cool *** cat. This worries me big time
Got to be a cool *** cat. Sugar goes a long way...

Let’s speculate that what we’re hearing is true from macho.
Then we should ask why. Why is UM treating kids and coaches at Deerfield different?
Why was our staff sitting next to zip’s mom at the stadium all the way at Lakeland but not going all out for a Deerfield kid?
So either it’s bravo Sierra or for whatever reason UM is staying arms length from that school.

However, if there was a problem with a local school you guys don’t think CMR tried to address it?
It was the first thing on the agenda and we read about it constantly how the coaches were all going to school practices and told the local coaches we had an open door policy and to come on campus and ask questions etc. All the local coaches talked about how it was night and day from previous staffs.
But now we suck again?
7-6, bowl embarrassment, coaching change and entire offensive staff canned, no high profile new hire, but we sit there n the top 10 with the classes almost locked up. But Deerfield still has a problem??
Macho didn't say that the overall recruiting suck, he is explaining what he sees from the the Deerfield Beach side. UM could probably be recruiting other schools very well, but when it comes to DB it is a different story.

Advertisement
Macho didn't say that the overall recruiting suck, he is explaining what he sees from the the Deerfield Beach side. UM could probably be recruiting other schools very well, but when it comes to DB it is a different story.
I dont know wtf has been going on at deerfield but its good to have that insight from someone, always got love for @Coach Macho cause he really doesnt have to say ****

I think that what he is saying is that it doesn't cost much, or take a lot of time, to call, write, or text. Especially since these kids are one area code away. Same time zone. Same interstate.

You mention "recruiting budget". Sure, we may not have Saban's chopper. But the work that is done 3 years out is usually the low-paid staff and interns who set up the communication. And I do think it is a good investment to hit the SoFla kids early.

Some people mention (and @caneinorlando is very frequent with it) that Butch was probably our last dominant scout/identifier/recruiter/developer of great talent. Well, he and Pete had old-fashioned 5x7 notecards on all of the SoFla talent YEARS in advance. I don't care what it takes, costs, or involves, we have to get on SoFla talent early and often, no matter how much competition the SEC (and Clemson) are going to throw at us.
As time goes on (20+ yrs now)...What Butch was able to do in such a small timeframe, under an incredible adverse situation, will become even more Gargantuan. If you sit and dissect what his kids did at UM and then later in the NFL....Its Mindboggling....6 yrs of Evaluating and recruiting at its finest....

As time goes on (20+ yrs now)...What Butch was able to do in such a small timeframe, under an incredible adverse situation, will become even more Gargantuan. If you sit and dissect what his kids did at UM and then later in the NFL....Its Mindboggling....6 yrs of Evaluating and recruiting at its finest....

Diferent times though my friend. If it wasn't, people would be knocking on his door man. What worked for him then, wouldn't work now or at least that's the opinion of AD's across the country.

Advertisement
Hadn’t paid attention to this thread bc I’ve known we weren’t getting Knighton for awhile now so just getting caught up on the madness.

Idk why y’all let Macho gas y’all up like this. He can say what he wants but if Manny and company had come over and kissed his *** and showed him the attention he so desperately craves, he wouldn’t be in this thread ranting and raving. Point blank period.

He wants to feel important. UCF made him feel important so they are world champion recruiters. We didn’t so we suck. See how that works?

And I think bags can be too easily used as a cop out but you’d have to be blind to think Deerfield ain’t prime bag chasing territory.

I’ll let you all get back to helping Macho feel important though.

Hadn’t paid attention to this thread bc I’ve known we weren’t getting Knighton for awhile now so just getting caught up on the madness.

Idk why y’all let Macho gas y’all up like this. He can say what he wants but if Manny and company had come over and kissed his *** and showed him the attention he so desperately craves, he wouldn’t be in this thread ranting and raving. Point blank period.

He wants to feel important. UCF made him feel important so they are world champion recruiters. We didn’t so we suck. See how that works?

And I think bags can be too easily used as a cop out but you’d have to be blind to think Deerfield ain’t prime bag chasing territory.

Bring in the South Beach POOONS and close this out.

GOCANES

All of it can be true, Miami staff can be poor at recruiting and building relationships and a HS coach can be overly sensitive because he didn’t get the attention he thought he deserved.

Manny was never a good recruiter and the failures of the defensive staff on the trail have been well documented on CIS, it’s what it’s, maybe after everything settles down (this staff has been in place for only 6 months and was thrown together) and if we have a good season Manny can evaluate how to do this better.

FOH with being late on a 2022 kid, it’s crazy talk. Even if it wasn’t I will give this staff the benefit of the doubt this first year.

If his HS coach is lobbying open criticism about the staff, on an open message board, Knighton is not coming. The same should be assumed of every other DB kid unless shown otherwise

Advertisement

Well said...It's getting old w Macho. And not even about Knighton, god bless him and good luck to the kid. But reading that crybaby type lament from him about UCF coaches was just gross. Get some pride man.

Gotta ask this but if Knighton is all FSU then what is he waiting for to commit??

This tells me he's not 100% sure yet

Advertisement
I dont know wtf has been going on at deerfield but its good to have that insight from someone, always got love for @Coach Macho cause he really doesnt have to say ****
His recruiting has been B+ or A - so far, he just has to close...that’s what past coaches failed to do in the past, and what separates the elite ones. Finishing with Walker and Washington would be a really good close to the class

This board simultaneously hates on an informed insider who relates recruiting feedback we don’t want to hear, then hates on our staff for failing to recruit at the level we aspire to.

Macho’s comments aren’t inconsistent with our recruiting this cycle, nor our knowledge of Manny, nor some snippet of a picture of Kanny talking with a recruit’s family.

Advertisement
Back