KNIGHTON

Deerfield aint unique. They're one of a couple. Heritage and Dwyer being most prominent. Even with STA Miami will get a guy like Huff every once in awhile. Only Dwyer and Deerfield are absolute 0fers. You would know better, when is the last Deerfield kid to even OV to Miami? The relationship is so bad they're not even interested in the free hotels and cookie cakes?
Talk to me about STA and Heritage.
What dogs have they sent to Miami?

Miss me with that Blades and Harley bullsh!t too. And we've only gotten Silvera from Heritage, which is peanuts compared to who they've had. And we still almost lost him to UF but fortunately he can't live anywhere but a big city.

So STA has given us their back-up CB, a 136lb slot WR with no wiggle, a bunch of duds and a recent LB with good upside.

Heritage has given us a dud OL and an often-lazy DT who **** near got kicked off his HS team for being uncoachable and not staying out of trouble.

"But those are feeder schools bro!"

Miami hasn't been getting ANYBODY'S elite players. This is not just a Deerfield issue.
Is Diaz aware of this? If not, might be a good idea to get some kind of message through, not good if true.

Advertisement
If Alabama and other SEC schools know the kids, don't you think the coaches are actually doing their jobs?
Sure but if they are sending them there and not Miami then can’t complain. His complaint was that Miami probably doesn’t even know they are there.

Chryst and Leach are good at evaluating 3 stars. Look how far that got them. We are trying to win NCs not just win the Coastal. The point is even teams worse than us are able to land more 4 stars than we are right now. We do not need to settle just because we had a bad season last year. Of course we aren't going to stack 5 stars, but we could still get 50% blue chips this class or at least close.
You made your first mistake right there. This program has face planted for a decade. Your mindset is part of the problem. If we could just evaluate well, and coach well, we’d actually win the coastal and maybe pick up some more of the kids who you have a hard on for. Instead, you are just whining. You have to walk before you run. Telling people who good a runner you were when their parents were young, that isn’t a compelling argument.

As for your 4* vs 3* blah blah, it’s just that. Evaluations are what matter. Tell us which kids we have commitments from who you dislike, which ones we don’t have commitments from who we should, and why those commitments are realistic.

Advertisement
Sure but if they are sending them there and not Miami then can’t complain. His complaint was that Miami probably doesn’t even know they are there.
Macho said that the coaches came to them, meaning they did not send there kids to an SEC college tour, this isn't BTW, we are talking about DB. Earlier in this thread he said something along the lines of how he rarely if at all saw UM coaches at their spring practices, while the coaches from the SEC were there and gave out offers to 2 2022 kids. That being said, I still think Manny is doing a good job of recruiting overall, but there are some schools like AH and DB where the relationship between them and UM is just bad and to say it is the high school coaches job to fix that relationship is ridiculous, because regardless if UM shows interest there kids are still going D1.

You made your first mistake right there. This program has face planted for a decade. Your mindset is part of the problem. If we could just evaluate well, and coach well, we’d actually win the coastal and maybe pick up some more of the kids who you have a hard on for. Instead, you are just whining. You have to walk before you run. Telling people who good a runner you were when their parents were young, that isn’t a compelling argument.

As for your 4* vs 3* blah blah, it’s just that. Evaluations are what matter. Tell us which kids we have commitments from who you dislike, which ones we don’t have commitments from who we should, and why those commitments are realistic.

i agree w evals. idc for the stars and what a recruiting service has them as we've seen guys drop and rise for no apparent reason even recently. i trust the guys that know football and know way more than me at evaling talent and not what a random writer decides to rate them

Sooooooooooo Fly the banners? !
I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.

So UCF a school full of 3* (I’m not a star *****, talent is talent) is completely in love with a school that has a ton of talent and even their backups would be superstars at UCF showed you more love? That seems like a very smart move to grab “crumbs” from Deerfield who would be studs in any other state. Not saying these kids are crumbs or any of them are. Your acting like a diva. You want them to get the best you push for them. I love your insight when it comes to the X and Os, but this is like a woman scorn move.

Not true. I have said time and time again we need to win the Coastal first. However, my point is that is not the end goal. We are not low enough that landing 15 3 stars is necessary. We are still a big enough name to be able to land a solid amount of 4 stars.

Advertisement
Macho said that the coaches came to them, meaning they did not send there kids to an SEC college tour, this isn't BTW, we are talking about DB. Earlier in this thread he said something along the lines of how he rarely if at all saw UM coaches at their spring practices, while the coaches from the SEC were there and gave out offers to 2 2022 kids. That being said, I still think Manny is doing a good job of recruiting overall, but there are some schools like AH and DB where the relationship between them and UM is just bad and to say it is the high school coaches job to fix that relationship is ridiculous, because regardless if UM shows interest there kids are still going D1.
Not tours, we sent out booklets with kids grades, testing scores, measurements, camp info, and anything else to every school. If a kid said that school we sent it. Sometimes you got to be the bigger person and not the battered wife syndrome.

Not true. I have said time and time again we need to win the Coastal first. However, my point is that is not the end goal. We are not low enough that landing 15 3 stars is necessary. We are still a big enough name to be able to land a solid amount of 4 stars.
Again, you have said nothing other than blah blah stars blah.

Tell me which kids you like or don’t, and why. Our staff’s goal is not and should not be to recruit kids based on stars. If you think otherwise, you are just laughably wrong. We should evaluate well, and recruit the right kids, concentrating in our back yard for most positions.

Advertisement
So UCF a school full of 3* (I’m not a star *****, talent is talent) is completely in love with a school that has a ton of talent and even their backups would be superstars at UCF showed you more love? That seems like a very smart move to grab “crumbs” from Deerfield who would be studs in any other state. Not saying these kids are crumbs or any of them are. Your acting like a diva. You want them to get the best you push for them. I love your insight when it comes to the X and Os, but this is like a woman scorn move.

Its not a job for everybody but thats what you have to do in recruiting. Its about relationships. You better know how to glad hand and politic if you want to win at that game and south florida is recruiting on Heisman mode. Nothing he stated sounds farfetched, people get in they feelings all the time, its part of the game. Our coaches are paid a pretty penny to handle those types of situations, they seem to be doing decent but we need that high end talent too

Talk to me about STA and Heritage.
What dogs have they sent to Miami?

Miss me with that Blades and Harley bullsh!t too. And we've only gotten Silvera from Heritage, which is peanuts compared to who they've had. And we still almost lost him to UF but fortunately he can't live anywhere but a big city.

So STA has given us their back-up CB, a 136lb slot WR with no wiggle, a bunch of duds and a recent LB with good upside.

Heritage has given us a dud OL and an often-lazy DT who **** near got kicked off his HS team for being uncoachable and not staying out of trouble.

"But those are feeder schools bro!"

Miami hasn't been getting ANYBODY'S elite players. This is not just a Deerfield issue.
Macho, I hold you in the DDSCane, LCL & Geta regards; but we aren't getting ANY kids from DF, forget elite.
While I don't disbelieve what you said in your rant, and you have every right to be frustrated being a die hard Cane; it is difficult for me to wrap my head around 30 to 50 coaches over the past 20 years that are that incompetent and just flat out ignore DFB? We have close to an 85 man roster and those kids are coming from somewhere. Heck, look at Clark's commitment over the weekend. His coaches seem to have a great repour with our staff... and they are in Orlando for God's sake.
I agree with you about STA, Heritage, etc. and believe that there is some kind of disconnect between TheU and Broward County and I hope that Manny and company will work on that. I say keep grinding and keep bringing your knowledge and passion, cause I truly appreciate it.

Again, you have said nothing other than blah blah stars blah.

Tell me which kids you like or don’t, and why. Our staff’s goal is not and should not be to recruit kids based on stars. If you think otherwise, you are just laughably wrong. We should evaluate well, and recruit the right kids, concentrating in our back yard for most positions.
Tell me which teams have more 3 stars than 4/5 stars and actually win anything worth while?

I never said coaches should care about the stars, however, when your team is made up of mostly 3 stars that means there is an issue with coaching. Everyone knows a few will slip through the cracks, but when you have this many it means there is an issue. I actually do have issues with some recruits, but I am not going to call them out by name and trash a kid on the internet.

Advertisement
Tell me which teams have more 3 stars than 4/5 stars and actually win anything worth while?

I never said coaches should care about the stars, however, when your team is made up of mostly 3 stars that means there is an issue with coaching. Everyone knows a few will slip through the cracks, but when you have this many it means there is an issue. I actually do have issues with some recruits, but I am not going to call them out by name and trash a kid on the internet.
Lmao.

Next up: umbrellas cause rain!

All I know is that we've had 3 different staffs here at Miami in the last 5 years and not ONE of them can seem to "mesh" with the Deerfield coaches? Interestingly, all the elite talent chooses to go out of town? Now, Macho can say what he wants, but the results speak for themselves which is very strange for a local school...

Let’s speculate that what we’re hearing is true from macho.
Then we should ask why. Why is UM treating kids and coaches at Deerfield different?
Why was our staff sitting next to zip’s mom at the stadium all the way at Lakeland but not going all out for a Deerfield kid?
So either it’s bravo Sierra or for whatever reason UM is staying arms length from that school.

However, if there was a problem with a local school you guys don’t think CMR tried to address it?
It was the first thing on the agenda and we read about it constantly how the coaches were all going to school practices and told the local coaches we had an open door policy and to come on campus and ask questions etc. All the local coaches talked about how it was night and day from previous staffs.
But now we suck again?
7-6, bowl embarrassment, coaching change and entire offensive staff canned, no high profile new hire, but we sit there n the top 10 with the classes almost locked up. But Deerfield still has a problem??

Advertisement
Back