KNIGHTON

No.
They come by practice during the spring to see who we got.

2022 LB Detarius Lee got 3 offers in one day.
Same with 2022 DT Alton Tarber.

These coaches know what they're looking for. All they have to do is see the kid move around, practice, hit, etc.

That's how it happens.

I don't think I saw a single defensive coach from Miami all spring.

You've been on this site for years with your shtick. You've always pretended like you're more important than you are. You've been a low level staffer at multiple schools in HIGH SCHOOL. You talk like you have inside recruiting info (again, been going on for years) when you don't. You're the classic "wish I was" guy who is outside of the circle, but desperately wants people to believe you are in it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bro the two 2022 kids we have on defense are no-brainers. You offer them now, especially Tarber. You at least develop a relationship with them, not let Bama and Auburn start that process before you. I'm not sure if Miami even knows they exist.

F them too DB kids shouldnt get a crooked eye from a UM staffer

The fact remains Deerfield kids don’t come here regardless of staff.
Macho expresses what a parent said about how other staffs run circles around ours and we don’t recruit the family etc etc.
That was the writing on the wall that Knighton wasn’t coming. It should also be a sign that that school will co tonite to rinse and repeat with the rest of their players.
We keep saying that our staff is different and they may be. They may be trying to establish communication and relationships with schools that don’t have a long history of giving us the middle finger.
Relationships are a 2 way street. UM is lucky to have so much talent down here that they may be avoiding certain obstacles.

[/QUOTE]
That’s why I said the writing was on the wall. There is no way a school like Miami with a staff with so much D1 recruiting experience doesn’t know that you have to recruit mom. It’s 101 basic.
In other words someone is talking out of where sht comes out. So when macho comes out and says a trusted parent said it; it’s hard for me to believe and it’s even harder to believe that macho would believe it knowing our staff and what it’s done in the last 7 months.

You've been on this site for years with your shtick. You've always pretended like you're more important than you are. You've been a low level staffer at multiple schools in HIGH SCHOOL. You talk like you have inside recruiting info (again, been going on for years) when you don't. You're the classic "wish I was" guy who is outside of the circle, but desperately wants people to believe you are.
Most people don’t take water boy serious. It’s just the few that do believe him makes him feel important enough to keep up with the act

You sound like a guyturd, crapping on manny without any idea what you were talking about. Tbh.

You flailed around the recruiting thread yapping about star rankings, but offered no view and no logic when asked which recruits you thought we shouldn’t take, or which we were missing on that we should focus harder on.

Now we get a poster saying manny and staff ain’t lovin it up enough with recruits, and maybe it’s true. If so, it is a very different topic from whether they are EVALUATING well. And lovin it up aint the only way to get kids. Because we have gotten kids. Including commits for ‘21.

I happen to believe Manny’s selling skills are not great and he doesn’t have enough recruiting skills on staff, and said so since last winter.

However, he’s also done what I see as a nice, proactive job so far in securing commitments of athletic kids who can play at UM, Our OL and DL coaches seem like solid recruiters. We have a great RB committed, three good WRs, and Enos can recruit QBs. LB is a huge need area and we have three nice prospects committed. Those are evals. I am more bullish than you may be on Flagg and Austin-Cave. We will see if there is one more guy to add to the mix - they’re still trying.

So what is your actual complaint? DB we have two really good prospects committed in Francois and Clarke. Branch I dunno, a lot of folks like him. Hodges is an eval at corner. Done sit that one out. K Washington is highly rated. I have no idea if he’s good.

We are still working on some big time kids at TE, RB, WR, and perhaps OL, LB and DB.

If we have a big year, some guys will want in and others may bail out. Happens all the time. Whatever.

Manny inherited a mess. He immediately upgraded talent and worked to fill ‘the effin rooster for the first time in ages. His takes make sense. There is almost no one committed to us who I wonder wtf. It’s the first time since 2001 that I can say that. Doesnt mean they will all turn out well, but I dont see panic moves there. Or crack pipe evals.

So keep with your negative nellie whining shtick. Adds nothing to the discussion because you have no points behind it other than you want more stars. Okay. Got it.

You sound like a Nole or Clemson fan who wants Miami to scoop up tons of 3 stars so we are never a threat to either of those teams.

Advertisement
Based on the new recruiting calendar, I think the bump class is ‘21, not ‘20. These kids are committing months after Manny got here. Not enough time for a honeymoon. Richt had it play out that way also, and he was hired earlier in the cycle than manny was. The risk is, if he has a bad first year, the bloom will be off the rose.

That's a fair point. I stand corrected.

So explain to me about Knighton’s recruitment. The staff slow played Parrish to recruit Knighton and you said Pops is a Miami fan, he visited multiple times and Knighton basically was using Miami as a fall back plan

Which is a common theme. These kids either use Miami to get other offers or they live on campus to keep Miami as a fallback.

Advertisement
Which is a common theme. These kids either use Miami to get other offers or they live on campus to keep Miami as a fallback.
Correct. That’s why I tend to believe the staff can see right through the bull****. You don’t need to blow the kids barber to get him to your school. If the kid really wants to come to Miami( like Restrepo) then he will come. I’m not saying not to recruit the kids but unlike last year this staff isn’t wasting their time with certain kids that have no real interest.

My head hurts just reading some of those post. Zero reason for out of state schools to know about/ offer local kids before us.
It makes a lot of sense when adults down here have sold out.
Take Nayquan for example. That kid was 💯 crystal balled to Bama at one point as a frosh.
They ask the local coaches who they should offer.
Lol at some Ohio state coach to come down and offer a kid after watching 15 minutes of drills.
They know about these kids early and get into their circle early and locals are the ones letting them know.
But Bama and other schools can get away with offering some kid early and then just forgetting about them. But we do that sht and it’s some sort of mortal sin. Offer after they have some good film and consistency against good comp and we’re too late. It’s all bullsht drama these kids love. They talk that sht cause we haven’t won. If we were they would straight up pull a Bandy and jump on board.

Urban legends or not, you can't ignore the little success we've had recruiting Deerfield.
Im not suggesting you ignore anything. You and I, as fans, doesn’t matter. manny, he shouldn’t ignore it either. But the question seems to be whether he should get emotional about it and gove up, or pay attention and make good decisions based on more than what happened years ago.

Advertisement
You sound like a Nole or Clemson fan who wants Miami to scoop up tons of 3 stars so we are never a threat to either of those teams.
Lol. Weak. You're on a UM recruiting board whining about 3* kids. Go to rivals if all you care about are their evals, and spam up their recruiting board. You seem to have no actual views on recruiting other than what rating services tell you to think.

Lol. Weak. You're on a UM recruiting board whining about 3* kids. Go to rivals if all you care about are their evals, and spam up their recruiting board. You seem to have no actual views on recruiting other than what rating services tell you to think.

That is false. However, the vast majority of the time the recruiting websites are correct. Only our enemies want us to load up on 3 stars.

Advertisement
That is false. However, the vast majority of the time the recruiting websites are correct. Only our enemies want us to load up on 3 stars.
Do you have evidence that shows they are correct ‘the vast majority of the time’? Please share it. I think you are significantly overstating the case.

They are directionally correct. Correct on average. But averges can be very misleading, and we do not recruit averages. I could guess the average height in a room full of people accurately and be wrong in every single observation as to individuals. Moreover, we recruit individuals, and with a mind towards our program, our system, our needs and priorities and culture. If we cannot be more accurate than the recruiting services evaluating kids in our back yard, for our needs, then fire the staff and hire a new one. And in any case, quit whining about stars or think of something interesting to say about them.

Do you have evidence that shows they are correct ‘the vast majority of the time’? Please share it. I think you are significantly overstating the case.

They are directionally correct. Correct on average. But averges can be very misleading, and we do not recruit averages. I could guess the average height in a room full of people accurately and be wrong in every single observation as to individuals. Moreover, we recruit individuals, and with a mind towards our program, our system, our needs and priorities and culture. If we cannot be more accurate than the recruiting services evaluating kids in our back yard, for our needs, then fire the staff and hire a new one. And in any case, quit whining about stars or think of something interesting to say about them.

Chryst and Leach are good at evaluating 3 stars. Look how far that got them. We are trying to win NCs not just win the Coastal. The point is even teams worse than us are able to land more 4 stars than we are right now. We do not need to settle just because we had a bad season last year. Of course we aren't going to stack 5 stars, but we could still get 50% blue chips this class or at least close.

I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.
Sooooooooooo Fly the banners? !

Advertisement
Back