KNIGHTON

Advertisement
I would guess they just have more lower level analysts types working on whose the next group of kids and relays info to the coaches to get those early offers out.

It's easier for them to throw out early offers because they can just stop recruiting the kid or never start and it won't matter. If Miami did the same then we'd hear how Miami doesn't recruit their kids.

That's a fair point too, which is why I was also asking questions about early offers, because we seem to be slow to offer for just about every player.

I think that it would be better to err on the side of over-offering. Even if there is a bit of bad PR, everyone understands that teams can change their evaluations as the kid grows (or doesn't grow) or develops (or doesn't develop).

For instance, USC has gotten some press for offering QBs really, really early, and some of those kids end up somewhere else. As long as we are clear with the kids about development, I don't think it would hurt us for the "hometown team" to give a 9th grader his first big PR bump.

@Coach Macho is saying that you don't have to pay a staffer to make that phone call IF UM'S ASSISTANT COACHES ARE HAVING THOSE CONVERSATIONS OVER LUNCH AT A COACHING EVENT.

He is saying that if UM coaches don't sit at their own table, talking about housing costs in Coral Gables, and if they go out and mix with the SoFla assistant coaches, they can find out who all the best young players are.

The HS assistants are obviously monitoring that stuff, because we all know about how HS players "transfer" in SoFla.

If housing costs (or other BS unrelated to the program) are what the lunch conversation is instead of mingling with coaches, you are 100% right. But what if the coaches are discussing things related to the program... Progress with the current recruits? Sharing information they may have learned in the morning? Discussions regarding current players unrelated to recruiting?

I would tend to agree that if you have HS coaches already in attendance, it's an efficient use of your staff's time to build those relationships face to face in that moment. But it is still a question of how you spend that time. That's all I'm saying.

And I could give 2 fvcks what you think either, *****, cause you're a beta male internet troll who clearly has a hard-on for me. You've been up my a$$ for years. I could tell you the sky was blue and you'd find a reason to argue with me about it. You've always been like that. It's cause you're a soft shouldered bias prick.

Never said D'Onofrio was a genius. I've already clarified that situation a million times but you and like 2 other nerds on here bring it up every so often.

Finally, this isn't about what attention UCF showed me/us versus Miami. I've already stated this. And if you think that's what this is about then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were. This is about the bigger picture. A picture you can't see because you know d!ck about recruiting. (UCF isn't the only school that recruits this way, I just used them as an example)

This is about forming relationships and making kids/coaches feel like they're wanted around. The lack of ambition and awareness that a school has when it comes to creating relationships with coaches can also be carried over with the relationships they create with the football players. Either you're a people person or you're not. I never met a recruiter who was great with the kids but ice cold around the coaches. (or vice versa)

You swear I'm making this **** about me. I could give a **** whether Miami shows me love or not. NOT MY PROBLEM.
What's more concerning is that they're late to the party on our kids, or simply don't recruit them well, and then WE get blamed when the kids sign elsewhere. You call our kids bag chasers and our coaches sell-outs. And I'm supposed to sit here and let that happen? GTFOH LOL
Nah, I'm gonna tell yall what's really going on. The coaches not engaging with me is just a drop in the bucket. I only used that as example of their inability to create valuable relationships.

If you think that's not an issue...
WOW.
You have 100% been making this about you and how much you need/want the attention of coaches. And you clearly think that all HS coaches should be swaddled with attention, because relationships are important and if the recruit was a girl, you'd want to show everyone around her love in order to get her...you say it's important because you have clearly stated in this thread that you would be more likely to push a kid to a school that shows you more love. However, since you have already been completely fooled by one idiot coach and STILL maintain that Golden's staff was good, It clearly proves that coaches showing you that love and attention you seek ISN'T WHATS BEST FOR THE PLAYERS! The ONLY thing that should matter for you to push a kid to a school is Good Academics, Good coaching, Connections they'll make, having fun (it is college after all), etc....not if a coach showed you or other coaches on your staff more attention.

What is really stupid about this is that you have said in the past that the staff was doing a good job at building those connections. But what you want is more than just the building/maintaining of connections. You want constant attention for you and your staff. Sorry but one of our coaches doesn't need to drop everything to talk to you for 10mins every time he sees you or it makes him a bad recruiter who has no idea how to be personable or develop relationships. The only thing you actually said that was valuable was that the staff hasn't been getting on the PLAYERS you guys have been mentioning to them. All your talk about the coaches showing HS staffs attention/love is bull**** smoke you want blown up your ***. But if a HS staff does inform our staff on frosh/sophomores that are looking like studs, I agree our staff should get on those guys. THAT's maintaining/building relationships - not sitting at your table and eating and convincing you they are a genius... However you talking about early offers is bull**** to me. Idgaf if Bama offered a player as a freshman, I don't want us doing that. I'd rather have our scholarships mean something in South Florida. Offering OOS Freshman scholarships super early is clearly a tactic that is best used when NOT recruiting your own area and is a completely FAKE offer that holds no value except in getting the players immediate attention.

Just to make it absolutely clear, the only thing our staff NEEDs to be doing to improve relationships with HS staffs is to communicate well about the Players they are recruiting and make sure that when the Staffs tell them to get on a kid they do their due diligence. Just because Bama offered one of your players early does NOT mean Miami should. And just because you want our coaches to sit with you at lunch and talk to you every time you see them doesn't mean that when they don't at some event that they have no ability to recruit/develop relationships or that it applies to EVERY school or that it even Applies to more events than the ONE you say this happened at. This is evident by the fact that we clearly have very good relationships with certain schools, the fact that you have even shown evidence during other events of the staff developing relationships with HS Staffs, and the fact that we aren't losing Knighton because of lack of recruiting attention. It's because he simply does not want to come to Miami. And guess what, It's almost inevitable that those young 2022 studs you mention aren't going to want anything to do with Miami either....almost like it IS a problem with Deerfield, and not Miami...

Advertisement
If housing costs (or other BS unrelated to the program) are what the lunch conversation is instead of mingling with coaches, you are 100% right. But what if the coaches are discussing things related to the program... Progress with the current recruits? Sharing information they may have learned in the morning? Discussions regarding current players unrelated to recruiting?

I would tend to agree that if you have HS coaches already in attendance, it's an efficient use of your staff's time to build those relationships face to face in that moment. But it is still a question of how you spend that time. That's all I'm saying.

All fair.

I would just say that those other conversation topics could take place in the car during the drive back to UM.

While they have a "target rich environment", they should be out talking to HS assistants.

Just my opinion, but they ARE "salesmen", so to speak, during that event. They should be out selling, not talking to each other about their sales. AT THAT TIME. Later, sure.

What fvckin' data?

Miami blew the Brandon Powell recruitment.
They blew the Aaron Robinson recruitment. Believe they slow played him.
Deerfield has another kid from a few years ago who's now at FAU. He was committed to Miami until he met Paul Williams.
Didn't even recruit Dorlus.
Slow played Eaford.
They were going to sign Ashton Pierre but were warned not too.
Miami finished 2nd for Juedy behind Bama. (can't blame him)

Those are actual facts and data.

MIAMI DIDN'T RECRUIT THE SCHOOL WELL, period.
THEY AIN'T RECRUITING IT WELL NOW!

Take some fvckin' accountability for your favorite program, man!
Take the O&G glasses off!

Maybe the same could be said about Deerfield as well.

I'm sure Miami hasn't recruited STA, MNW, Chaminade, Miami Central, Booker T, etc... perfectly either. But we still get a decent amount of players from each school for the most part. With Deerfield, we basically strike out every time. Miami not recruiting the school well and Deerfield being "anti-Miami" aren't mutually exclusive.

And from a fan standpoint, if Manny decided that he'd rather put his resources into other schools that have much more favorable relationships with Miami rather than fight a seemingly losing battle with Deerfield, then I can understand that logic.

The Golden staff had two Deerfield kids coming and blew both recruitments. (one of which Paul Williams was responsible for)

Miami almost had Juedy but you can't blame the kid.

Slow played Eaford from what I understand.

Didn't even offer Dorlus. (LOL)

Diaz wanted Ashton Pierre but Coach Glenn actually did Miami a solid and warned them about his issues. (rather than send Miami a headache)

They haven't even recruited 2022 DT Alton Tarber or 2022 LB Detarius Lee yet. Both have offers from SEC schools. Miami will be late to the party on them.

But y'all swear it's Deerfield.

Now...
Please tell me who 7-6 Miami should've gotten from Deerfield during this time frame.

Hi coach quick question. I understand the staff doesn't know how to build relationships. Which is odd but my question is if you see they dont know how to build relationships, wouldn't you go out of your way to do so yourself and introduce yourself and sit with the staff. Tell them about your elite players that they need to look at.
And who knows maybe they can learn from you and other coaches can follow. Especially since your miami fan too. What ever it takes to get your elite to miami. Thank you for your answers in advanced

Advertisement
Maybe the same could be said about Deerfield as well.

I'm sure Miami hasn't recruited STA, MNW, Chaminade, Miami Central, Booker T, etc... perfectly either. But we still get a decent amount of players from each school for the most part. With Deerfield, we basically strike out every time. Miami not recruiting the school well and Deerfield being "anti-Miami" aren't mutually exclusive.

And from a fan standpoint, if Manny decided that he'd rather put his resources into other schools that have much more favorable relationships with Miami rather than fight a seemingly losing battle with Deerfield, then I can understand that logic.

That's probably whats happening. Manny doesnt give a rats *** about deerfield. They can survive without them

Hi coach quick question. I understand the staff doesn't know how to build relationships. Which is odd but my question is if you see they dont know how to build relationships, wouldn't you go out of your way to do so yourself and introduce yourself and sit with the staff. Tell them about your elite players that they need to look at.
And who knows maybe they can learn from you and other coaches can follow. Especially since your miami fan too. What ever it takes to get your elite to miami. Thank you for your answers in advanced
Coach wants be catered and wants manny to kiss his *** apparently

It's so funny how yall react when you hear something you want to hear versus the way yall react when you don't.

I was the MVP when I told yall about the Diaz Nike clinic stunt.
I tell yall something negative that I've encountered regarding Miami's recruiting and now I'm a bad guy.

Yall want sunshine pumped up your a$$es all day. I don't do that. That's not authentic.

I've complimented Miami's new staff MANY times. There's some things that they do VERY well. That doesn't mean that I have to suck them off and pretend they're perfect. Definitely not gonna sit here and let yall talk down on my staff/kids while yall alleviate Miami's staff of any blame regarding DFB recruiting.
I appreciate the insight. I saw u say hickson was a point of contact. Has anyone on the defense done same thing in regards to dismissing your guys prospects they should target or is it just offfense

Advertisement
No.
They come by practice during the spring to see who we got.

2022 LB Detarius Lee got 3 offers in one day.
Same with 2022 DT Alton Tarber.

These coaches know what they're looking for. All they have to do is see the kid move around, practice, hit, etc.

That's how it happens.

I don't think I saw a single defensive coach from Miami all spring.

Do you know whose responsible for your area? You mentioned Hickson earlier but that could just be for Knighton. We don't have strong recruiters on the defensive side of the ball, that's 100% fact so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't sent to your school.

All fair.

I would just say that those other conversation topics could take place in the car during the drive back to UM.

While they have a "target rich environment", they should be out talking to HS assistants.

Just my opinion, but they ARE "salesmen", so to speak, during that event. They should be out selling, not talking to each other about their sales. AT THAT TIME. Later, sure.

Agreed. IMO, it's still a highly questionable choice to allocate the staff's time away from mingling with the HS coaches while they are sitting right in front of you.

Advertisement
It's so funny how yall react when you hear something you want to hear versus the way yall react when you don't.

I was the MVP when I told yall about the Diaz Nike clinic stunt.
I tell yall something negative that I've encountered regarding Miami's recruiting and now I'm a bad guy.

Yall want sunshine pumped up your a$$es all day. I don't do that. That's not authentic.

I've complimented Miami's new staff MANY times. There's some things that they do VERY well. That doesn't mean that I have to suck them off and pretend they're perfect. Definitely not gonna sit here and let yall talk down on my staff/kids while yall alleviate Miami's staff of any blame regarding DFB recruiting.

People just feel it’s better you go and tell the staff your issues or issues they have in general when it comes to recruiting instead of posting it on a message board which serves no purpose other than make you feel like you’re slighted that’s all

For real dude!
Like blind to anything negative relating to their beloved Hurricanes.
I’ve been a Macho supporter in the past and still am. If UM coaches aren’t mingling at an event for HS coaches then that’s not a good step.

I’m not going to slam this Deerfield staff because I know it’s a newer staff and you’ve said it’s not an anti-Miami staff, certainly you are obviously pro-Cane and we all should be in wait and see mode on Deerfield. That said, I think the opinions of many on here criticizing Deerfield is at least legitimate for previous staffs, just like Dwyer. Those places have not been good to Miami in the past. We May not have pulled elite kids lately from AH or STA but we have gotten some kids. I think we’ve struggled everywhere locally getting elite kids but some look to be elite like Rousseau and Garvin

Hopefully things are changing for the better and it’s a new day.

Advertisement
Back