KNIGHTON

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter that folks are outright lying to you, and you think you’re looking out for the kids even when you fall for their lies.

JFC dude.

We get it. We know kissing *** helps. It helps in every facet of life. Usually *** kissers are the quickest to take shortcuts and throw others under the bus for their own gain. Just cuz it’s the way things are done doesn’t mean it’s how they should be done.

Miami needs to be more detail oriented by reaching out to high school staffs on and off campus. That’s literally all you had to say. Instead you made it about yourself.
STFU.
You're clueless.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you wrote.

I would simply say this. Remembering kids' names, tracking them for 4 years, sending occasional communication, and finding out ways to "build relationships" (camps, going to football games, "bump contact", etc.) do not rely on HD videos and thousands of hours of staff time.

I do agree, the game has changed. But even a method that Butch used (notecards) carries value. Butch was not only tracking the videotape of gameplay, he was taking notes on the feedback of coaches, administrators, other parents, etc. as to work habits and characteristics.

And this is one of those times when I think that what Coach Macho says actually has an ADDITIONAL dimension that he did not mention. Yes, it would be great if UM could get all of the assistants to have positive things to say. But we also need to hear what the assistant coaches have to say ABOUT THE PLAYERS. If you read what Coach said, he indicated that there was at least one situation where Manny was alerted to NOT pursue a particular recruit, and this is important intel to have, that, say, guys like Saban and Dabo might not be privy to.

Even if "today's recruiting" takes a lot more man-hours, we have to get back to the things that Butch examined. It wasn't just that Butch's eye for talent was perfect. If so, he'd dominate at every recruiting stop. When Butch was doing it at UM, he had the entire SoFla community feeding him information, and that HELPED HIM to identify the "right" talent, because there is plenty of talent in SoFla.

It's a team effort. And Manny needs to get his coaches to become extensions of him, talking to everyone who will listen. Go back and re-examine what Butch did. He was the MASTER of intel. He took it too far with the Browns (read what Browns players had to say about Butch using James Jackson to report back to him). But when it is handled properly, it's the intel and communication that are the keys to identifying and recruiting the best SoFla players, not thousands of hours of video.

Some valid points regarding information gathering. This is probably an area where the lack of continuity has also hurt us some.

My only comment would be that establishing and maintaining open lines of communication is a two-way street, but I hear you.

Advertisement
*With the bolded there is reason though.

- Auburn, Bama and the rest are all tossing around "non committable offers" to these kids. The love they are showing is FAKE as well. They arent "on" these kids early they send out Blind offers. When Um does that locally it will be a problem...as you have already stated it almost was a problem with Restrepo. UM has only recently started with these non commitable offers i guess to catch up on what the other schools do. We would be fried if we did the same.

* You are at Deerfield. They havent sent us anything since Crudup who is likely a granddaddy now. You have had players troll Um, disrespect UM and essentially your basically Palm Beach. literally 2 exits away. Deerfield isnt remotely a um feeder school will never ever be regardless of who we stroke over there. They are sending kids everywhere. So its good to establish relationships with DB but as of late we have literlly have better experiences with our resources in Duval County which is GATOR COUNTRY.

- I'm in agreement we dont have a coaching staff of great recruiters though. But im guessing its dependent on time and place,etc. Because i know for sure i was acknowledge numerous times when i went to Paradise Camp last year and im not even a coach. Came with 1 player i brought there, and was acknowledged by everyone down to Richt in the parking lot while leaving.

Cooney and DVD are both friendly/social guys as well but im bias because DVD is the homie.

But from what ive seen Deerfield Beach coaches might recruit better than our staff. So you maybe use to something else Coach (clowning on yall)

Bro the two 2022 kids we have on defense are no-brainers. You offer them now, especially Tarber. You at least develop a relationship with them, not let Bama and Auburn start that process before you. I'm not sure if Miami even knows they exist.

Some valid points regarding information gathering. This is probably an area where the lack of continuity has also hurt us some.

My only comment would be that establishing and maintaining open lines of communication is a two-way street, but I hear you.

That was the basis for some of my questions to @Coach Macho , I was trying to figure out if the SEC coaches had some new kind of system for tracking these young SoFla kids across multiple years.

Dumbest lazy a$$ logic ever. We're never gonna change the perception with that mentality.
I'm never going to change anything, I am just a fan across the country with no impact on anything. All I can do is be happy they aren't wasting their time at a school that is apparently worried about how much love the staff shows them and perception while they get their best player to 5-7 Ville with a coach on his way out the door that eats wings with them.

You and your staff are poison. I hope Miami steers clear, their time is wasted like it used to be at Dwyer unless it is on second tier kids that bleed local.

That was the basis for some of my questions to @Coach Macho , I was trying to figure out if the SEC coaches had some new kind of system for tracking these young SoFla kids across multiple years.

I would guess they just have more lower level analysts types working on whose the next group of kids and relays info to the coaches to get those early offers out.

It's easier for them to throw out early offers because they can just stop recruiting the kid or never start and it won't matter. If Miami did the same then we'd hear how Miami doesn't recruit their kids.

Advertisement
Bingo.

This dude acting like the Deerfield and being anti UM is like Sasquatch or Bigfoot talk lmao.

No....I have years and years of all the data I need to see. On top of things I’ve heard from people I trust more than an actual coach at DF.

But but but it’s because we suck , yet the kid this thread is about is now leaning FSU. Which is a total **** show and a coach on his last leg.

But I’ll just go back to just reading the commentary, I’ll just roll my pants up because the bs is getting deep.

What fvckin' data?

Miami blew the Brandon Powell recruitment.
They blew the Aaron Robinson recruitment. Believe they slow played him.
Deerfield has another kid from a few years ago who's now at FAU. He was committed to Miami until he met Paul Williams.
Didn't even recruit Dorlus.
Slow played Eaford.
They were going to sign Ashton Pierre but were warned not too.
Miami finished 2nd for Juedy behind Bama. (can't blame him)

Those are actual facts and data.

MIAMI DIDN'T RECRUIT THE SCHOOL WELL, period.
THEY AIN'T RECRUITING IT WELL NOW!

Take some fvckin' accountability for your favorite program, man!
Take the O&G glasses off!

Advertisement
Eh...there's something not right about the situation at Deerfield. There is no other school in Dade or Broward that Miami consistently strikes out at. Sure, they don't get everybody. Yes, they haven't been very good. Still, there's no other school that hasn't sent at least a few kids this way over the years. Restrepo is the first Buck since probably Crudup and he technically hasn't even played a game for them. Something seems off.

Advertisement
Yep. I'm so sick of the bag pumpers. They're literally the scum of this site, ****ting on every kid & his family & coaches... accusing them of illegal crimes just because they did not pick Miami.

You might be the most naive person on this board .... which is saying something considering all the short bus people posting in here.

I would guess they just have more lower level analysts types working on whose the next group of kids and relays info to the coaches to get those early offers out.

It's easier for them to throw out early offers because they can just stop recruiting the kid or never start and it won't matter. If Miami did the same then we'd hear how Miami doesn't recruit their kids.

No.
They come by practice during the spring to see who we got.

2022 LB Detarius Lee got 3 offers in one day.
Same with 2022 DT Alton Tarber.

These coaches know what they're looking for. All they have to do is see the kid move around, practice, hit, etc.

That's how it happens.

I don't think I saw a single defensive coach from Miami all spring.

Advertisement
Back