KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Y'all attacking Macho but you don't think if he feels that way about UM's staff there isn't a possibility that staffs from other high schools feel the same way?

Y'all attacking Macho but you don't think if he feels that way about UM's staff there isn't a possibility that staffs from other high schools feel the same way?

im sure some do feel that way. you cant please everyone esp down here. its not realistic. ****, when randy was here, werent reports out there that he ignored a ton of staffs except a select few and hes a local guy.

They may all feel that way, but it’s kinda pathetic that HS coaches expect to have their asses kissed by college coaches.

Recruiting just keeps becoming a bigger and bigger joke.

Advertisement
It's so funny how yall react when you hear something you want to hear versus the way yall react when you don't.

I was the MVP when I told yall about the Diaz Nike clinic stunt.
I tell yall something negative that I've encountered regarding Miami's recruiting and now I'm a bad guy.

Yall want sunshine pumped up your a$$es all day. I don't do that. That's not authentic.

I've complimented Miami's new staff MANY times. There's some things that they do VERY well. That doesn't mean that I have to suck them off and pretend they're perfect. Definitely not gonna sit here and let yall talk down on my staff/kids while yall alleviate Miami's staff of any blame regarding DFB recruiting.

What's curious is that whole coaches clinic take over directly contradicts the rest of what you're saying

tenor (12).gif

LOL. So yall can attack my coaching staff and my kids, calling us traders and bag chasers....but the minute I tell yall what's REALLY going on I'm being unprofessional and catty?

Yall something else. LOL

I respect you keeping it real with the board. The insight is both priceless and disturbing.
But the problem Macho is that over the years it is not just that DB kids don't pick UM, they openly attempt to clown Miami. Look at that linebacker Pierre somethings commitment where he clowned UM. That cuckolding of the hometown is what is driving the suspicion of bias against UM at DBHS.

Go Canes

Dont know if you have the time time or event want to answer but @TheOriginalCane had some good questions on the previous page.

Thank you, sir.

@Coach Macho in case you don't want to go back a couple of pages, here are my questions:

Coach, I hear what you're saying, I don't question your impressions, I would like to engage in a civil discussion and ask you a few questions.

1. In relation to some of the early offers (at least in the past), do you think any of this is due to Miami having a lot of coaching turnover in the past decade? Do the SEC schools have that as a current advantage, i.e.,, a longer-term process of scouting, identifying, and offering? Even if not every SEC coach has been at the same school for 5 or 10 years, they tend to be incestuous in the SEC as they keep hiring each other's assistants (even Enos continues to recruit some kids he recruited at Alabama and Arkansas).

2. You mention that this problem has happened over multiple coaching staffs. That seems strange, as we have had 3 different head coaches and numerous guys serving as Recruiting Coordinator and Director of Football Operations. Purely statistically, you would think that EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE we would hire a guy who is more outgoing and with better social skills. Does it seem like this is a "choice" (i.e., all of our coaches have been told to act like the hot girl diva, in order to boost our desirability profile)? I know this is a deep cut, but we heard the stories about Golden doing his outreach events to local assistant coaches, taking them to a basketball game, smoking cigars, etc. Did he just stop doing these things? I can understand how Richt might be more aloof, but Manny seems like a guy who is all about relationships, and you would think it would rub off on his hires (I know that's an assumption, I'm just trying to figure out why this has happened across multiple head coaches).

3. I can understand a hangover effect if Golden and Richt had issues, but Manny has been on the job for 6 months and kept the defensive staff. Do you see some way of being able to communicate these issues, either to an LC/DFO or Manny himself? From the interactions you have had, do you believe that the current staff would be capable of listening with an open mind, or do they seem set in their ways? Does it appear to be social awkwardness, or an intentional arrogance?

4. This is NOT an argument with you, I just want your thoughts. We currently have a Top 10 recruiting class. Yes, it could be better in spots. Do you believe there is anything that could have been done differently in the last 6 months (and arguably, a bit farther back with defensive recruits) that could have addressed these shortcomings with particular recruits? I don't want anyone to name names, I'm just commenting that "relationship building" takes time, and I was wondering if you felt that anything could have been repaired over the past 6 months, or the upcoming 6 months.

I'm not going to get into any discussions about "facilities", or "if you win, they will come", or anything else involved in recruiting. You brought up "relationship building" and "interaction with local coaches", and I am going to stick to that alone.

We have seen, especially in the more recent past, that alums/boosters/season-ticket-holders CAN have an impact on the AD and the coaching staff when we voice our concerns. Clearly, if all of the coaches are making a conscious and intentional decision to act a certain way, it needs to be handled differently than if they are just making an error in judgement. I'm very curious as to your impressions.

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinions, though I hope these types of experiences can get communicated to Manny in a very efficient and professional manner, by you or any of us.

Advertisement
They may all feel that way, but it’s kinda pathetic that HS coaches expect to have their asses kissed by college coaches.

Recruiting just keeps becoming a bigger and bigger joke.
Jesus christ, man! How many times do I have to explain that it's not about them kissing my a$$?

Yall dudes can read a 1,932 word post and only harp on ONE thing. Yall find one thing you can attack and roll with it. It's never been about the attention towards us. SMH

Jesus christ, man! How many times do I have to explain that it's not about them kissing my a$$?

Yall dudes can read a 1,932 word post and only harp on ONE thing. Yall find one thing you can attack and roll with it. It's never been about the attention towards us. SMH
Your reasoning is bull****.

How many guys who seem personable and friendly from these other staffs are lying their asses off? That’s what it takes to be a good recruiter. They’ll make any promises to make you feel good about them, and I’m sure you know that.

Not saying Miami coaches shouldn’t be approaching high school coaches and making the rounds, but expecting them to approach you cuz your wearing a Deerfield shirt is dumb AF. Since you’re local, I’m sure you’d hear from players and other circles if the Miami coaches were a bunch of ********.

Advertisement
No wonder deerfield has these hand out divas running around, look at this loser macho showing himself with his need for love in here. Glad they aren't giving him attention, it is wasted on that school.
Please point to Macho saying he wants attention? Y'all twisting tf out of his words lol.

SEC schools building better relationships and knowing about future kids in South Florids months or even years before us is fine with you?

Not saying Miami coaches shouldn’t be approaching high school coaches and making the rounds, but expecting them to approach you cuz your wearing a Deerfield shirt is dumb AF.

But he's a coach at Deerfield that was standing with a top RB target....

Thank you, sir.

@Coach Macho in case you don't want to go back a couple of pages, here are my questions:

Coach, I hear what you're saying, I don't question your impressions, I would like to engage in a civil discussion and ask you a few questions.

1. In relation to some of the early offers (at least in the past), do you think any of this is due to Miami having a lot of coaching turnover in the past decade? Do the SEC schools have that as a current advantage, i.e.,, a longer-term process of scouting, identifying, and offering? Even if not every SEC coach has been at the same school for 5 or 10 years, they tend to be incestuous in the SEC as they keep hiring each other's assistants (even Enos continues to recruit some kids he recruited at Alabama and Arkansas).

2. You mention that this problem has happened over multiple coaching staffs. That seems strange, as we have had 3 different head coaches and numerous guys serving as Recruiting Coordinator and Director of Football Operations. Purely statistically, you would think that EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE we would hire a guy who is more outgoing and with better social skills. Does it seem like this is a "choice" (i.e., all of our coaches have been told to act like the hot girl diva, in order to boost our desirability profile)? I know this is a deep cut, but we heard the stories about Golden doing his outreach events to local assistant coaches, taking them to a basketball game, smoking cigars, etc. Did he just stop doing these things? I can understand how Richt might be more aloof, but Manny seems like a guy who is all about relationships, and you would think it would rub off on his hires (I know that's an assumption, I'm just trying to figure out why this has happened across multiple head coaches).

3. I can understand a hangover effect if Golden and Richt had issues, but Manny has been on the job for 6 months and kept the defensive staff. Do you see some way of being able to communicate these issues, either to an LC/DFO or Manny himself? From the interactions you have had, do you believe that the current staff would be capable of listening with an open mind, or do they seem set in their ways? Does it appear to be social awkwardness, or an intentional arrogance?

4. This is NOT an argument with you, I just want your thoughts. We currently have a Top 10 recruiting class. Yes, it could be better in spots. Do you believe there is anything that could have been done differently in the last 6 months (and arguably, a bit farther back with defensive recruits) that could have addressed these shortcomings with particular recruits? I don't want anyone to name names, I'm just commenting that "relationship building" takes time, and I was wondering if you felt that anything could have been repaired over the past 6 months, or the upcoming 6 months.

I'm not going to get into any discussions about "facilities", or "if you win, they will come", or anything else involved in recruiting. You brought up "relationship building" and "interaction with local coaches", and I am going to stick to that alone.

We have seen, especially in the more recent past, that alums/boosters/season-ticket-holders CAN have an impact on the AD and the coaching staff when we voice our concerns. Clearly, if all of the coaches are making a conscious and intentional decision to act a certain way, it needs to be handled differently than if they are just making an error in judgement. I'm very curious as to your impressions.

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinions, though I hope these types of experiences can get communicated to Manny in a very efficient and professional manner, by you or any of us.

1. I'm not sure how to answer that. Are you referring to getting on kids early when you say "early offers"? Like in reference to the two 2022 kids I have?

2. Golden's staff actually wasn't that bad. Paul Williams was a goof and Golden came across as a used car salesman but Hurley, D'Onofrio and a couple other guys were cool dudes. (just turns out they couldn't coach) They actually attempted to make the HS guys feel at home though, at least in the handful of times that I was there. Their main issue in regards to recruiting was EVALUATION. And Diaz staff as a whole may not be bad. But having a coaching clinic at your school, and not doing a good job of "chopping it up" with coaches, that's not a good look. Even Golden's staff made sure they walked the room and talked ball with the HS coaches. Now, I give credit to Miami's staff for even having a UM coaching clinic. That was cool. But that **** is common. It's nothing forward-thinking. It's the way you interact WITH the coaches during these events that really matters. I'M NOT SAYING THAT THEY WERE BAD, they just weren't as detailed or personable as other staffs I've been around. And from what I've been told, this is how they are with the kids sometimes.

3. Our Head Coach plans to communicate these issues with Miami. He said it yesterday. He wants to have a "sit down" with them. We're all tired of the anti-Miami stereotype and the only way to fix it is to get Miami to recruit our school better. Period. There's no reason that they shouldn't be on top of our young prospects right now while Bama, Auburn, etc already are. Makes no sense. They're already behind with two elite 2022 kids.

4. The fact that he's only been on the job for 6 months and we're just coming off of a terrible season should only make their staff MORE AGGRESSIVE. People in here have said that "UCF's staff has to be like that because they're UCF." Well no ****, they're trying to build something! Miami should be that way right now as well! They've been a joke for years and have a lot of catching up to do. Sitting around UCF's staff (for example) you get the sense that they're hungry. They're leaving no stone un-turned. Again, I could explain in more detail but then I'll just be accused of wanting attention, when that's not what it's about. It's about creating relationships that may pay dividends.

Please point to Macho saying he wants attention? Y'all twisting tf out of his words lol.

SEC schools building better relationships and knowing about future kids in South Florids months or even years before us is fine with you?

But he's a coach at Deerfield that was standing with a top RB target....
Then I hope they’re all swarming around the RB target and not the random folks around him.

That’s why I said recruiting is such a joke. I’m not saying that as Miami specific in general. It should just be recruiting the kid and his parents, but anymore you have to recruit **** near everyone the kid knows.

Advertisement
Your reasoning is bull****.

How many guys who seem personable and friendly from these other staffs are lying their asses off? That’s what it takes to be a good recruiter. They’ll make any promises to make you feel good about them, and I’m sure you know that.

Not saying Miami coaches shouldn’t be approaching high school coaches and making the rounds, but expecting them to approach you cuz your wearing a Deerfield shirt is dumb AF. Since you’re local, I’m sure you’d hear from players and other circles if the Miami coaches were a bunch of ********.

Some. But that doesn't matter. That's part of the recruiting game, dummy. You're a salesman.

I don't EXPECT ****. But if you're a college coach and you choose not to create a relationship with every guy who coaches at one of the most talented teams in the country then you lack awareness and are going to struggle in recruiting. I don't even know why I have to explain the value in this. I'm baffled that some of yall don't get it.

The old saying "it's not about what you know, it's who you know".
You want as many HS coaches in your pocket as possible. Most other programs in the country get this. It's not some crazy concept.

Then I hope they’re all swarming around the RB target and not the random folks around him.

That’s why I said recruiting is such a joke. I’m not saying that as Miami specific in general. It should just be recruiting the kid and his parents, but anymore you have to recruit **** near everyone the kid knows.

You really are clueless. LOL

That's literally how it goes. Give me an example of a college coach only having a relationship with a recruit and his parents. I'll help you out, it never happens and isn't even realistic. Who's going to keep tabs on the kid while you're busy recruiting hundreds of other players? Who's going to tell you if his grades are slipping? Who's going to tell you what kind of player he is?

I'll use chicks as an analogy.

If there's a chick that you have a crush on...
And you really want to impress her...

Wouldn't it be a GOOD THING if all of her friends and family thought highly of you?

Can you pull her without that? Sure, possibly. But having her friends/family in your corner helps you!

If you're recruiting a stud WR, you want to have as many pro-Miami guys around that kid as possible. If you leave an impression on the kid's position coach, or his freakin' barber, and that kid hears you talking about Miami's coaches in a positive light that resonates with the kid.

How do some of yall not get this?
Yall making this about me. This is about covering details!

Advertisement
Back