KNIGHTON

So just from a ROI perspective regarding DBHS, how much more energy can the staff invest, there are other schools and recruits in SFL to which allocate resources as well.
This is an underrated factor. It’s possible that everything that Macho is saying is true, but it’s also possible that UM coaches believe that there is an anti-UM bias at Deerfield. If that is the case, they can only spend so much time banging their head against a brick wall. Their time is probably better spent elsewhere.

Advertisement
So Taggart must be a recruiting genius that rivals Saban, Meyer to be able to get these kids after a 5-7 season, one foot out the door, and all of Tallahassee wanting to get rid of him

But he’s building relationships and sucking off HS coaches

Maybe someone at Deerfield disrespected Miami or one of the coaches, there could be more factors than well Miami sucks at recruiting

I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.

Coach, I hear what you're saying, I don't question your impressions, I would like to engage in a civil discussion and ask you a few questions.

1. In relation to some of the early offers (at least in the past), do you think any of this is due to Miami having a lot of coaching turnover in the past decade? Do the SEC schools have that as a current advantage, i.e.,, a longer-term process of scouting, identifying, and offering? Even if not every SEC coach has been at the same school for 5 or 10 years, they tend to be incestuous in the SEC as they keep hiring each other's assistants (even Enos continues to recruit some kids he recruited at Alabama and Arkansas).

2. You mention that this problem has happened over multiple coaching staffs. That seems strange, as we have had 3 different head coaches and numerous guys serving as Recruiting Coordinator and Director of Football Operations. Purely statistically, you would think that EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE we would hire a guy who is more outgoing and with better social skills. Does it seem like this is a "choice" (i.e., all of our coaches have been told to act like the hot girl diva, in order to boost our desirability profile)? I know this is a deep cut, but we heard the stories about Golden doing his outreach events to local assistant coaches, taking them to a basketball game, smoking cigars, etc. Did he just stop doing these things? I can understand how Richt might be more aloof, but Manny seems like a guy who is all about relationships, and you would think it would rub off on his hires (I know that's an assumption, I'm just trying to figure out why this has happened across multiple head coaches).

3. I can understand a hangover effect if Golden and Richt had issues, but Manny has been on the job for 6 months and kept the defensive staff. Do you see some way of being able to communicate these issues, either to an LC/DFO or Manny himself? From the interactions you have had, do you believe that the current staff would be capable of listening with an open mind, or do they seem set in their ways? Does it appear to be social awkwardness, or an intentional arrogance?

4. This is NOT an argument with you, I just want your thoughts. We currently have a Top 10 recruiting class. Yes, it could be better in spots. Do you believe there is anything that could have been done differently in the last 6 months (and arguably, a bit farther back with defensive recruits) that could have addressed these shortcomings with particular recruits? I don't want anyone to name names, I'm just commenting that "relationship building" takes time, and I was wondering if you felt that anything could have been repaired over the past 6 months, or the upcoming 6 months.

I'm not going to get into any discussions about "facilities", or "if you win, they will come", or anything else involved in recruiting. You brought up "relationship building" and "interaction with local coaches", and I am going to stick to that alone.

We have seen, especially in the more recent past, that alums/boosters/season-ticket-holders CAN have an impact on the AD and the coaching staff when we voice our concerns. Clearly, if all of the coaches are making a conscious and intentional decision to act a certain way, it needs to be handled differently than if they are just making an error in judgement. I'm very curious as to your impressions.

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinions, though I hope these types of experiences can get communicated to Manny in a very efficient and professional manner, by you or any of us.

It was all good just a few months ago at that Nike coaching clinic 🧐. Have nothing against coach macho and love his insight but it would be better to address this with our staff and not in a public forum like this to sh*t on our coaches whether if its true or not
I think what he is saying is that UCF's staff in his few days spent with them established a better relationship with deerfields coaches and UCF's coaches tried more than Miami's. His point is that UCF's staff shouldn't be better at establishing relationships

There's no possible way you can be dumb enough to think this will be the 8th ranked class when it's all said and done. Seriously, did you just start following recruiting? Miami does this every single year. There's nowhere near enough HHF in this class to have it ranked in the top 10 when all the dust settles. There's 4 kids ranked in the top 200 here.

I'm not saying the class is bad, or unsatisfactory, or anything of the sort. But to say that nothing can be wrong or concerning because we have the 8th ranked class is about as moronic as it gets. Miami has the lowest average star ranking of any class in the top 15 right now. LONG way to go before anyone can talk anything about a class ranking.
Bro go get some ***** or some a joint man. You need to relax calling people dumb cause they don’t agree with your narrative. Bro are you that stupid to not see we are both saying the same thing. I am basically saying that it’s a long way to go before NSD who knows what happens. The staff is doing a decent job coming off a horrible 7-6 season. Can they do better yes.If you are not Clemson, Bama or any of the top schools you can always do better. But at least this staff is hitting on some of there top targets unlike last year where we whiff on everything and almost had more decommitts than actual signings. We are making progress homie. Rome was not built in a day.

Advertisement
I think what he is saying is that UCF's staff in his few days spent with them established a better relationship with deerfields coaches and UCF's coaches tried more than Miami's. His point is that UCF's staff shouldn't be better at establishing relationships
True

bleep em. let them go to ucf then. enjoy the g5. also, did this coach say he never felt the love UCF showed him? lol. k. another typical old fart from SFL who thinks hes committing to a school. coach your kid and let them make the best decision for themselves regardless of where they end up. if knighton wants to go to FSU, so be it. we have chaney (im sure he never had issues about feeling the love by UM).

I'd have to think coaching turnover has played a large role, in the past and not just now, for many cases where we've been late on a kid. So much goes into just building the new staff, restructuring the program, re-evaluating players, etc.

Coaching continuity cannot be understated. It's a huge reason for Clemson's success.

I'm not saying it's solely the reason but likely a contributing factor.

IF Macho is 100% right, holy crap what are you doing posting this in a public forum?

If he’s not, well...

what else do you expect from SFL coaches, street agents, etc.? is he right? maybe (we cant confirm it just have to take his word). does he sound like he wants attention? yes. did knighton get under recruited? not from what ive seen, but who knows w behind the scenes stuff.

Advertisement
bleep em. let them go to ucf then. enjoy the g5. also, did this coach say he never felt the love UCF showed him? lol. k. another typical old fart from SFL who thinks hes committing to a school. coach your kid and let them make the best decision for themselves regardless of where they end up. if knighton wants to go to FSU, so be it. we have chaney (im sure he never had issues about feeling the love by UM).
That's not his point. His thing is you establish relationships with high school coaches so they can tell you about prospects that are up and coming so you aren't late on offering and it gives you step ahead in recruiting. He is saying that UCF did a better job getting relationships started then Miami's. Which is what you need because the miami staff can't watch every highschool kids film every day of the week.

That's not his point. His thing is you establish relationships with high school coaches so they can tell you about prospects that are up and coming so you aren't late on offering and it gives you step ahead in recruiting. He is saying that UCF did a better job getting relationships started then Miami's. Which is what you need because the miami staff can't watch every highschool kids film every day of the week.

i got his point. i was making a joke. idgaf about these "show me love bro hards" lol. they come off as petty and annoying. also, as everyone else has said, show some maturity as a **** coach (regardless of what is said about your HS), and take it up with them in person when they do show up to recruit knighton on a web site.

Bro go get some ***** or some a joint man. You need to relax calling people dumb cause they don’t agree with your narrative. Bro are you that stupid to not see we are both saying the same thing. I am basically saying that it’s a long way to go before NSD who knows what happens. The staff is doing a decent job coming off a horrible 7-6 season. Can they do better yes.If you are not Clemson, Bama or any of the top schools you can always do better. But at least this staff is hitting on some of there top targets unlike last year where we whiff on everything and almost had more decommitts than actual signings. We are making progress homie. Rome was not built in a day.

My narrative? These are facts. I have zero narrative. But I'm gonna call you out when you spew nonsense.

Advertisement
So Taggart must be a recruiting genius that rivals Saban, Meyer to be able to get these kids after a 5-7 season, one foot out the door, and all of Tallahassee wanting to get rid of him

But he’s building relationships and sucking off HS coaches

Maybe someone at Deerfield disrespected Miami or one of the coaches, there could be more factors than well Miami sucks at recruiting

FSU recruits itself. FSU's current recruiting is just about on par with a 5-7 season (and remember, it was year 1). They're whiffing on kids left and right and have the 12th ranked class at the moment. We all know Willie is a good recruiter, but you can't say recruiting genius like Saban and Meyer when he's not signing classes close to that good. FSU averaged Top 5 under Jimbo when they were good. They finished 19th last class and are outside the Top 10 again now. It's because they've sucked on the field. But the fact that some people on this site think FSU won't get any good kids after 1 abysmal season (following a bad one) is pretty funny. It's FSU. They're going to get athletes.

Advertisement
Knew one of you dumb MF'ers would say this.
You don't get it at all. SMH

I could give 2 fvcks wether they pay attention to us. That's not the issue.

You are so in your feelings it's crazy. Just insult everyone that has a different opinion than you.

The FACTS are that Northern Broward has been a bags town since Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Almost every kid since then has had handlers, coaches, family members taking money.

You are so in your feelings it's crazy. Just insult everyone that has a different opinion than you.

The FACTS are that Northern Broward has been a bags town since Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Almost every kid since then has had handlers, coaches, family members taking money.

nah bro, a dude w a hoodie didnt get shown love on a campus. (i hope everyone knows im just kidding bc this is all kinds of hilarious).

Who said anything happened to that?

We always want what's best for the kids.
You're another person who's getting the wrong idea from my posts. I don't care whether they show me attention or not.
IT'S ABOUT THEIR DESIRE TO ESTABLISH VALUABLE REALTIONSHIPS!

If you're a high school coach, you're more likely to vouch for a college staff who you've developed a relationship with. You don't push a kid to a certain school, but you wanna know that they're going to play for some genuine guys. You can tell a kid "I've known Coach Joe for years. He's a good dude." Which is certainly better than telling a kid "I don't know too much about their coaches."

The relationships that college coaches develop with high school guys can only help recruiting. If you're not very personable or genuine towards me, why would I believe that you're gonna be personable and genuine towards our kids? I'm telling you now, most kids can see right through the bullsh!t.

Now, I'm not saying Miami's whole staff is like that. I don't know.
As I already stated, it's not about whether they stroke us or not. It's about their desire to form relationships that can help in recruiting. Leaving no strong unturned.

Let me clarify something. I'M SPEAKING ABOUT THIS WITH CONCERN AS A MIAMI FAN, NOT AS A HS SCHOOL.
As a HS coach, I could give 2 ****s whether they do it or not.
But as a Miami fan, I want to know that our team is taking these steps.

How long have you been at Deerfield ? I hope things are turning around for us there. The Calvin Davis hire left a stench for me personally. He should have been permantly banned from ever being around students. He should have went to jail like all the coaches will from the recent admission scandal

Advertisement
Back