KNIGHTON

I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe they just dont like you. JK but in all seriousness, hopefully they get it figured out.

Advertisement
After a 7-6 season, a class that almost had more decommitts than actual commitments. We have the eighth ranked class in the nation this year and people are still complaining.

There's no possible way you can be dumb enough to think this will be the 8th ranked class when it's all said and done. Seriously, did you just start following recruiting? Miami does this every single year. There's nowhere near enough HHF in this class to have it ranked in the top 10 when all the dust settles. There's 4 kids ranked in the top 200 here.

I'm not saying the class is bad, or unsatisfactory, or anything of the sort. But to say that nothing can be wrong or concerning because we have the 8th ranked class is about as moronic as it gets. Miami has the lowest average star ranking of any class in the top 15 right now. LONG way to go before anyone can talk anything about a class ranking.

Broward has been full of elite pillow biters for the most part but we have Ford (Dillard), Rousseau (Coconut Creek), Gaynor (Parkland), several from Chaminade, a few from AH Plantation, plus Harley, Irvin, Blades from STA.

We've also done pretty well in PB with Carter, Hall, Garvin, etc.
With all due respect that ain’t that good of a haul. Ford had major potential and should start reaching it, but we’re talking about the big time Broward schools that produce blue chips. We don’t get em.

Also Rousseau is from Champagnat in Miami.

Advertisement
There's no possible way you can be dumb enough to think this will be the 8th ranked class when it's all said and done. Seriously, did you just start following recruiting? Miami does this every single year. There's nowhere near enough HHF in this class to have it ranked in the top 10 when all the dust settles. There's 4 kids ranked in the top 200 here.

I'm not saying the class is bad, or unsatisfactory, or anything of the sort. But to say that nothing can be wrong or concerning because we have the 8th ranked class is about as moronic as it gets. Miami has the lowest average star ranking of any class in the top 15 right now. LONG way to go before anyone can talk anything about a class ranking.

Agreed here. I think this will be a good class, but it looks like it's going to be a top 15 class, which can be somewhat concerning given this is supposed to be Manny's bump class. I will say though, we've always been told with previous staffs how much better they were at recruiting then their predecessors, only to show our *** on the field. If Manny's staff is more geared towards game planning and development that translates to better results on the field, then cool.

We'll likely get a couple more blue chip guys and a couple of others will leave like every cycle. But people gleaming at this being a top 10 class when it's late July, haven't followed recruiting long enough to know better.

And I could give 2 fvcks what you think either, *****, cause you're a beta male internet troll who clearly has a hard-on for me. You've been up my a$$ for years. I could tell you the sky was blue and you'd find a reason to argue with me about it. You've always been like that. It's cause you're a soft shouldered bias prick.

Never said D'Onofrio was a genius. I've already clarified that situation a million times but you and like 2 other nerds on here bring it up every so often.

Finally, this isn't about what attention UCF showed me/us versus Miami. I've already stated this. And if you think that's what this is about then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were. This is about the bigger picture. A picture you can't see because you know d!ck about recruiting. (UCF isn't the only school that recruits this way, I just used them as an example)

This is about forming relationships and making kids/coaches feel like they're wanted around. The lack of ambition and awareness that a school has when it comes to creating relationships with coaches can also be carried over with the relationships they create with the football players. Either you're a people person or you're not. I never met a recruiter who was great with the kids but ice cold around the coaches. (or vice versa)

You swear I'm making this **** about me. I could give a **** whether Miami shows me love or not. NOT MY PROBLEM.
What's more concerning is that they're late to the party on our kids, or simply don't recruit them well, and then WE get blamed when the kids sign elsewhere. You call our kids bag chasers and our coaches sell-outs. And I'm supposed to sit here and let that happen? GTFOH LOL
Nah, I'm gonna tell yall what's really going on. The coaches not engaging with me is just a drop in the bucket. I only used that as example of their inability to create valuable relationships.

If you think that's not an issue...
WOW.

Have you or anyone else at DF asked to sit down with Miami's staff to express your concerns about their approach in a professional manner? If not, I'd encourage you to do so. Airing dirty laundry on a public message board comes off extremely unprofessional and catty.

Listen everyone needs to stop getting in their feelings about this. We all know UM has struggled to recruit Deerfield. And what Macho is describing is very accurate, Miami has been mediocre AND has shown a lack of recruiting staff. You could ask Donnell Bennett who’s the S&C coach at Gibbons and he’ll tell you the same thing. Daniel Wright wasn’t even on Miami’s radar.

I do think however, that Miami (while not perfect) has greatly improved at recruiting Deerfield and others. We clearly put a lot of effort into Knighton but the fact is he just doesn’t want to come to Miami. Coach Field was brought on to fix relationships in SoFlo.

But anyone who’s from Broward knows there’s a lot more love for FSU and UF here. Broward and Miami could practically be different states, and it’s gonna take a lot more than what we’ve done to get the studs from the elite Broward schools.

Advertisement
I can't remember who, but I remember a coach (or who I thought was a coach) talking about how better run and more engaged our camp and staff was under Manny. I'd love to get their take to see if things have changed or if their opinion/experience differs from Coach Macho.

Coach, in your opinion, did UM start out doing well and then fell off? Just trying to understand why you were ever more optimistic than most with regards to Knighton.

Catching up on this thread....

tenor (11).gif

Riiiiight.

So when Miami goes let's 12-1 for the season is the staff's aloofness an issue. I doubt given sfl recruits pension for front runners.

But don't get me confused I hear your complaint and the inattentiveness of the staff does need to be corrected. To not mingle while breaking bread is inexcusable, that's one of the best ways to bond. But this failure is also primarily on the recruiting support staff like Coach Coney and Coach Beaz since they have insider knowledge into the psyche of the SFL HS Coach mindset. An for the recruiting staff to see the coaching staff being aloof not an immediately go over to address the issue by having them split up to sit with the HS Coaches is inexcusable.

I also throw coach Fields in there too, he came from coaching at MNW so he knows this was a blunder in dealing with the south Florida HS coaches grandiose mentality.

With all that said, let's bring this full circle did the staff not prioritize 2020 RB Jaylan KNIGHTON above all other RB's with the exclusion of 2020 RB Don Chaney. Yes I believe they did to be the best of their apparently limited abilities by all reports this off season. Yet Knighton seems to want to go anywhere but Miami given the "Amount of Love" he is showing other schools. So just from a ROI perspective regarding DBHS, how much more energy can the staff invest, there are other schools and recruits in SFL to which allocate resources as well. Now if Knighton by miracle ends up a Cane, we will all be Extatic.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Listen everyone needs to stop getting in their feelings about this. We all know UM has struggled to recruit Deerfield. And what Macho is describing is very accurate, Miami has been mediocre AND has shown a lack of recruiting staff. You could ask Donnell Bennett who’s the S&C coach at Gibbons and he’ll tell you the same thing. Daniel Wright wasn’t even on Miami’s radar.

I do think however, that Miami (while not perfect) has greatly improved at recruiting Deerfield and others. We clearly put a lot of effort into Knighton but the fact is he just doesn’t want to come to Miami. Coach Field was brought on to fix relationships in SoFlo.

But anyone who’s from Broward knows there’s a lot more love for FSU and UF here. Broward and Miami could practically be different states, and it’s gonna take a lot more than what we’ve done to get the studs from the elite Broward schools.

Sounds like Coach Macho is saying that we CURRENTLY are mediocre whereas you seem to be referring to in the past (if I'm understanding you both correctly).

Advertisement
Sounds like Coach Macho is saying that we CURRENTLY are mediocre whereas you seem to be referring to in the past (if I'm understanding you both correctly).
I am referring mostly to the past. Macho has given props to Field in the past, and maybe his opinion has changed recently, but to me it seems that the staff is trying to mend relationships here.

The issue is, Deerfield isn’t the only staff that needs attention, as multiple schools we wish were pipelines need some love to regain favor with them.

I think, personally, it’s way too early to be judging this staff’s recruiting success. They’re fixing a lot of mistakes of previous staffs, and I love the way they’ve approached this class. Definitely still have a long way to go in Broward though.

Advertisement
Suck on the files How is nobody mentioning what fsu did last year? They were much worse
He’s implying they have better recruiters. Not saying that they do but they have had 0 decommitments this cycle while Miami has had 10 or more. Plus fsu is about to jump Miami in the rankings with the additions of knighton and Bryan Robinson soon

Talk to me about STA and Heritage.
What dogs have they sent to Miami?

Miss me with that Blades and Harley bullsh!t too. And we've only gotten Silvera from Heritage, which is peanuts compared to who they've had. And we still almost lost him to UF but fortunately he can't live anywhere but a big city.

So STA has given us their back-up CB, a 136lb slot WR with no wiggle, a bunch of duds and a recent LB with good upside.

Heritage has given us a dud OL and an often-lazy DT who **** near got kicked off his HS team for being uncoachable and not staying out of trouble.

"But those are feeder schools bro!"

Miami hasn't been getting ANYBODY'S elite players. This is not just a Deerfield issue.

When you **** on players wearing orange and green in a misguided effort to win this argument, you come off as envious, and scorned.

I am referring mostly to the past. Macho has given props to Field in the past, and maybe his opinion has changed recently, but to me it seems that the staff is trying to mend relationships here.

The issue is, Deerfield isn’t the only staff that needs attention, as multiple schools we wish were pipelines need some love to regain favor with them.

I think, personally, it’s way too early to be judging this staff’s recruiting success. They’re fixing a lot of mistakes of previous staffs, and I love the way they’ve approached this class. Definitely still have a long way to go in Broward though.

The reason I mentioned Macho talking about currently is because I didn't think he had been at Deerfield that long. He specifically mentioned interactions with Deerfield gear on. If he's been there for a while, then that's my bad.

Advertisement
Back