KNIGHTON

I could literally not give less of a **** about what your analysis is of this. You should stick to talking about the facts and quit making grand judgments about ****. I'm not going to forget you thought Donofrio was our Savior and a total genius. So If you thought that that dip**** was a genius D-Coordinator after talking with him for like an hour or however long you said you talked to him for, your opinion on how well we recruit or how good/bad our coaches are is irrelevant. All you gotta say is "other schools are on this kid, we still aren't, and even when we try to put them on a player, they aren't showing interest".....I care 0 about your analysis. Also isn't it ******* hilarious and quite ironic that you thought Donofrio was a genius only after you say you talked to him for a long time and he shared his philosophy with you. It's almost like, he showed you the attention that you clearly crave (based on this post), and it led you to believe he was a genius, which was ultimately completely ******* false. I wonder how many players you tried to convince he was a great coach, simply because he gave you an hour of his time? And now I don't wonder if that can happen again, with other coaches who give you that attention...... '**** the kids, UCF's coaches ate their lunch at my table, that makes them better recruiters, and hey that one coach told me he likes fat and slow ***** on his ****** read and react zone defense, He'll get my player to the NFL quick!'

Literally you are taking the coaches not talking to you as them being terrible recruiters because UCF did. ....Either do what is best for the players you coach and try to send them to the best school to get the best coaching and academics they can that fits what they are looking for or their talent fits, in which case Miami >>>>>> UCF, or don't and be just like every other ****** coach, sending your players to ****** schools because you are friends with the coaches there or because they showed you more attention and tricked you into believing they're great people who are defensive geniuses...boo hoo macho isn't feeling the love..

Lastly why the **** are we still posting in a thread about Knighton. Idgaf how much Macho thinks of himself us showing the coaches love isn't going to get us knighton.

And I could give 2 fvcks what you think either, *****, cause you're a beta male internet troll who clearly has a hard-on for me. You've been up my a$$ for years. I could tell you the sky was blue and you'd find a reason to argue with me about it. You've always been like that. It's cause you're a soft shouldered bias prick.

Never said D'Onofrio was a genius. I've already clarified that situation a million times but you and like 2 other nerds on here bring it up every so often.

Finally, this isn't about what attention UCF showed me/us versus Miami. I've already stated this. And if you think that's what this is about then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were. This is about the bigger picture. A picture you can't see because you know d!ck about recruiting. (UCF isn't the only school that recruits this way, I just used them as an example)

This is about forming relationships and making kids/coaches feel like they're wanted around. The lack of ambition and awareness that a school has when it comes to creating relationships with coaches can also be carried over with the relationships they create with the football players. Either you're a people person or you're not. I never met a recruiter who was great with the kids but ice cold around the coaches. (or vice versa)

You swear I'm making this **** about me. I could give a **** whether Miami shows me love or not. NOT MY PROBLEM.
What's more concerning is that they're late to the party on our kids, or simply don't recruit them well, and then WE get blamed when the kids sign elsewhere. You call our kids bag chasers and our coaches sell-outs. And I'm supposed to sit here and let that happen? GTFOH LOL
Nah, I'm gonna tell yall what's really going on. The coaches not engaging with me is just a drop in the bucket. I only used that as example of their inability to create valuable relationships.

If you think that's not an issue...
WOW.

Advertisement
LOL. Why would we need UM coaches? We have access to the players they want. They need us, buddy.

And UCF's staff has been all over the country at big-time schools. They recruit that way because THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE...not cause they're UCF and they "need" to. Staffs at bigger schools recruit the same way.

Miami "needs" to also. Who the fvck is Miami right now?!
We're trying to compete with Clemson!

Until you don't because the kid transfers to another high school. At which time what influence can the old coach exert on a kid a college needs now. I hear your point about the importance of relationships with HS coaches, but recruiting in the tri-county players is more about what you can put in someone's pocket than winning hearts an entire minds. An The bag game is a serious counter balance UM can't address with good interpersonal skills from coaches. Case in point 2020 DE Donnell Harris transfer from BTW to GP. His former coaches have 0 influence on him now, an the real decision makers are free to participate in the bag life game.

Years ago sfl hs coaches would get mad if they had a star recruit and didn't get a offered a analyst job at xyz school recruiting the kid. Now it's the HS coaches aren't getting enough attention from college coaches. What happened to doing right by the kid an trying to get them an education at school that will actually graduate the recruit. By the way I commend UCF on leading the nation in graduating it's players.

At the end of the day, based on Coach Diaz's hires for the new staff most of them were hired based on coaching abilities not recruiting. With the premise being to win games now an the recruits will come later. As for coach Richt's staff the results speak for themselves.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Until you don't because the kid transfers to another high school. At which what influence can exert on a kid a college needs now. I hear your point about the importance of relationships with HS coaches, but recruiting in the tri-county players is more about what you can put in someone's pocket than winning hearts an entire minds.

Years ago sfl hs coaches would get mad if they had a star recruit and didn't get a offered a analyst job at xyz school recruiting the kid. Now it's the HS coaches aren't getting enough attention from college coaches. What happened to doing right by the kid an trying to get them an education at school that will actually graduate the recruit. By the way I commend UCF on leading the nation in graduating it's players.

Go Canes

Who said anything happened to that?

We always want what's best for the kids.
You're another person who's getting the wrong idea from my posts. I don't care whether they show me attention or not.
IT'S ABOUT THEIR DESIRE TO ESTABLISH VALUABLE REALTIONSHIPS!

If you're a high school coach, you're more likely to vouch for a college staff who you've developed a relationship with. You don't push a kid to a certain school, but you wanna know that they're going to play for some genuine guys. You can tell a kid "I've known Coach Joe for years. He's a good dude." Which is certainly better than telling a kid "I don't know too much about their coaches."

The relationships that college coaches develop with high school guys can only help recruiting. If you're not very personable or genuine towards me, why would I believe that you're gonna be personable and genuine towards our kids? I'm telling you now, most kids can see right through the bullsh!t.

Now, I'm not saying Miami's whole staff is like that. I don't know.
As I already stated, it's not about whether they stroke us or not. It's about their desire to form relationships that can help in recruiting. Leaving no strong unturned.

Let me clarify something. I'M SPEAKING ABOUT THIS WITH CONCERN AS A MIAMI FAN, NOT AS A HS SCHOOL.
As a HS coach, I could give 2 ****s whether they do it or not.
But as a Miami fan, I want to know that our team is taking these steps.

Until you don't because the kid transfers to another high school. At which time what influence can the old coach exert on a kid a college needs now. I hear your point about the importance of relationships with HS coaches, but recruiting in the tri-county players is more about what you can put in someone's pocket than winning hearts an entire minds. An The bag game is a serious counter balance UM can't address with good interpersonal skills from coaches. Case in point 2020 DE Donnell Harris transfer from BTW to GP. His former coaches have 0 influence on him now, an the real decision makers are free to participate in the bag life game.

At the end of the day, based on Coach Diaz's hires for the new staff most of them were hired based on coaching abilities not recruiting. With the premise being to win games now an the recruits will come later. As for coach Richt's staff the results speak for themselves.

Go Canes
These kids don’t care what a coach has to say

Yall think I'm speaking on behalf of HS coaches. ***** that. We could give a **** about the attention schools show us.

I'm speaking on behalf of a Miami fan who's seeing the process. I would like to think that my favorite team is trying EVERYTHING and is recruiting like the big dogs. (and I'm not talking about UCF)

Me as a HC coach - "Who cares if they form relationships with us. I'm trying to win a state championship."
Me as a UM fan - "We need to leave no stone unturned and develop genuine relationships with everybody that has influence on these kids."

It's about Miami's staff having vision and being forward-thinking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who said anything happened to that?

We always want what's best for the kids.
You're another person who's getting the wrong idea from my posts. I don't care whether they show me attention or not.
IT'S ABOUT THEIR DESIRE TO ESTABLISH VALUABLE REALTIONSHIPS!

If you're a high school coach, you're more likely to vouch for a college staff who you've developed a relationship with. You don't push a kid to a certain school, but you wanna know that they're going to play for some genuine guys. You can tell a kid "I've known Coach Joe for years. He's a good dude." Which is certainly better than telling a kid "I don't know too much about their coaches."

The relationships that college coaches develop with high school guys can only help recruiting. If you're not very personable or genuine towards me, why would I believe that you're gonna be personable and genuine towards our kids? I'm telling you now, most kids can see right through the bullsh!t.

Now, I'm not saying Miami's whole staff is like that. I don't know.
As I already stated, it's not about whether they stroke us or not. It's about their desire to form relationships that can help in recruiting. Leaving no strong unturned.

Let me clarify something. I'M SPEAKING ABOUT THIS WITH CONCERN AS A MIAMI FAN, NOT AS A HS SCHOOL.
As a HS coach, I could give 2 ****s whether they do it or not.
But as a Miami fan, I want to know that our team is taking these steps.

Real talk most of UM's offensive staff will be gone with Enos in 3 years when he gets a HC gig. So your right he could give to shyts about being bothered building relationships with SFL HCs right now, because once his offenses start avging 45pts a game all the SFL HCs will be trying to get time with him because we love winners in Florida.

Go Canes

Yall think I'm speaking on behalf of HS coaches. ***** that. I could give a ****.

I'm speaking on behalf of a Miami fan who's seeing the process.
I see your point Coach and it’s believable. I was just thinking the other day aster seeing McDougles top schools why Miami isn’t recruiting him at WR

Real talk most of UM's offensive staff will be gone with Enos in 3 years when he gets a HC gig. So your right he could give to shyts about being bothered building relationships with SFL hc right now, because once his offenses start avging 45pts a game all the sfl HC will be trying to get time with him because we love winners in Florida.

Go Canes

Riiiiight.

And I could give 2 fvcks what you think either, *****, cause you're a beta male internet troll who clearly has a hard-on for me. You've been up my a$$ for years. I could tell you the sky was blue and you'd find a reason to argue with me about it. You've always been like that. It's cause you're a soft shouldered bias prick.

Never said D'Onofrio was a genius. I've already clarified that situation a million times but you and like 2 other nerds on here bring it up every so often.

Finally, this isn't about what attention UCF showed me/us versus Miami. I've already stated this. And if you think that's what this is about then you're a bigger idiot than I thought you were. This is about the bigger picture. A picture you can't see because you know d!ck about recruiting. (UCF isn't the only school that recruits this way, I just used them as an example)

This is about forming relationships and making kids/coaches feel like they're wanted around. The lack of ambition and awareness that a school has when it comes to creating relationships with coaches can also be carried over with the relationships they create with the football players. Either you're a people person or you're not. I never met a recruiter who was great with the kids but ice cold around the coaches. (or vice versa)

You swear I'm making this **** about me. I could give a **** whether Miami shows me love or not. NOT MY PROBLEM.
What's more concerning is that they're late to the party on our kids, or simply don't recruit them well, and then WE get blamed when the kids sign elsewhere. You call our kids bag chasers and our coaches sell-outs. And I'm supposed to sit here and let that happen? GTFOH LOL
Nah, I'm gonna tell yall what's really going on. The coaches not engaging with me is just a drop in the bucket. I only used that as example of their inability to create valuable relationships.

If you think that's not an issue...
WOW.
And this has been a problem with successive staffs at UM?

I remember reading that Shannon let relationships with local coaches deteriorate. How long has this been going on?

It sounds like it has been a chronic problem with successive staffs.

Advertisement
I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.
Good post. It's great reading a Cane fan being able to take the caneshades off. U know more than most being apart of the HS scene down there. I know I'm tired of the Deerfield bias speech but it won't go away. The only thing in your post that you're 100% wrong about is saying "And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective." That statement is true for about 95% of the board.

Sounds like we still have a long way to go in developing the relationships with the HS coaches. It's good to know that y'all are trying to get the Canes staff on the underclassmen. I can only hope that Manny will make the necessary changes to build that bond with you guys at Deerfield and other schools.

No offense to Mr. Misch but if he's already being switched to TE(I know he played it in HS) from DE maybe he couldn't play at Miami at DE and it was clear. And if he sticks at TE I don't think it would've worked out too well for him at that position at Miami either. But that besides the point. I'm not even gonna pretend to know the issues at Deerfield. But it aint new and it goes beyond one Miami staff and I don't know Deerfield's coaching history but it probably spans more than just one staff there too. So maybe every coach Miami has hired in the last decade plus just isn't personable? Maybe Deerfield only sends their best to the SEC? I don't even really care. We could win 11 games three years in a row and I'd never expect to get a true Deerfield kid. They're just like Dwyer to me. Just forget it about it.
Or maybe they need help at TE? I don't know. I don't know the kid. Haven't talked to his coach in ages. I only know that his tape looked good, but since I don't consider myself an expert I got the opinion of someone else who has more experience with that type of thing.

We did move DJ Williams to RB right away, but from something I just read the other day they had a need there and it was only seen as temporary until they had more room at LB. Whether that was true, I don't know.

What struck me was the fact my friend could not get any response--up or down--from the coaching or recruiting staff. Maybe that's expecting too much. My only other experience suggesting a player was a QB during Butch's time. That kid was a dud, but I only passed the name along, didn't make any recommendations. The staff asked for tape real quick--maybe they were more hard up for QBs back then.

Good for you figuring out it was Misch.

And this has been a problem with successive staffs at UM?

I remember reading that Shannon let relationships with local coaches deteriorate. How long has this been going on?

It sounds like it has been a chronic problem with successive staffs.

I only speak on my personal experiences around their staff versus other college staffs I've been around. I can't speak for all HS coaches. I also can't speak for all of UM's coaches. I know Baker, Patke and Rumph are all very cool, personable dudes. And I hear Diaz is real cool.

I can't really explain the difference in my interactions without being accused of making this about me. I should've expected that from this board though.

I'm just gonna keep it 100 and tell you like this... (even if it makes me sound like a d!ck)

A lot of y'all don't know WTF you're talking about. Y'all be so deep into your fanhood that you can't see the actual light. Our staff does not recruit well. I just spent all day Saturday at UCF and those coaches can recruit better than ours. I've been to Miami campus several times and never felt the love that UCF showed me on Saturday. That's a problem. And as Miami fans none of y'all are objective. You refuse to believe what I'm telling you because it's not what you want to hear.

All the times I've been to Miami wearing Deerfield gear and not once has a coach walked up to me and introduced himself. Meanwhile I'm at UCF, and I have everybody and their mother coming by my table to say hello. Two of their coaches even sat down and ate wings with us while talking X's and O's. Two of their coaches gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to call them anytime if they had any questions. NEVER happened at Miami. I went to a Miami coaching clinic and during the Lunch Period, all of the Miami coaches sat with each other at a table, secluded from the high school guys. Why wouldn't they sit with the High School coaches?! Clueless as fvck. That's why. Zero clue on how to develop valuable relationships.

That's how good recruiters develop relationships. I might just be a slapd!ck with Deerfield gear on. Who knows? I might be the **** water boy. But I also might have a really good rapport with a future five star that you're recruiting. And you developing a relationship with me might help in that recruitment. That's called having foresight. You want to get as many Deerfield coaches in your good graces as you possibly can.

These dudes at Miami are fvckin' amateurs. Do you know that I have 2 rising sophomores right now who have already been offered by several SEC schools? (including Bama)
Miami doesn't even know about them. We spoke to Hixson on the phone this afternoon and reminded him about these two kids. So we're doing THE OPPOSITE of what y'all say Deerfield does!
I was sitting right next to Coach Glenn with Hixson on speaker phone and he told Hixson "Yall need to come get on these freshman I got blah blah blah."
How the fvck does the SEC know about these kids before Miami?! Our DT was the top ranked 8th grader in the entire country! Bama offered him ON SITE!

By the time Miami talks to him Bama and Auburn will have already developed a relationship. And as usual Miami will be late to the party. And you ****heads will be blaming us for sending the kids to the SEC, claiming it's "bags".

GTFOH with y'all bullsh!t. Y'all have no clue WTF goes on behind the scenes.
I believe you...Its been a amateur Sh*tshow since Butch in regards to recruiting. Im aware things have changed since the 90s and early 2000s in recruiting. But the ability to be able to develop relationships should be tantamount. It pains me to watch the kids we've lost the past 15+ yrs because of shoddy & lackadaisical recruiting, and terrible evaluations.

Advertisement
@craval85 @Ethnicsands @Ajcane8 But Manny is killing it on the trail right?
You sound like a guyturd, crapping on manny without any idea what you were talking about. Tbh.

You flailed around the recruiting thread yapping about star rankings, but offered no view and no logic when asked which recruits you thought we shouldn’t take, or which we were missing on that we should focus harder on.

Now we get a poster saying manny and staff ain’t lovin it up enough with recruits, and maybe it’s true. If so, it is a very different topic from whether they are EVALUATING well. And lovin it up aint the only way to get kids. Because we have gotten kids. Including commits for ‘21.

I happen to believe Manny’s selling skills are not great and he doesn’t have enough recruiting skills on staff, and said so since last winter.

However, he’s also done what I see as a nice, proactive job so far in securing commitments of athletic kids who can play at UM, Our OL and DL coaches seem like solid recruiters. We have a great RB committed, three good WRs, and Enos can recruit QBs. LB is a huge need area and we have three nice prospects committed. Those are evals. I am more bullish than you may be on Flagg and Austin-Cave. We will see if there is one more guy to add to the mix - they’re still trying.

So what is your actual complaint? DB we have two really good prospects committed in Francois and Clarke. Branch I dunno, a lot of folks like him. Hodges is an eval at corner. Done sit that one out. K Washington is highly rated. I have no idea if he’s good.

We are still working on some big time kids at TE, RB, WR, and perhaps OL, LB and DB.

If we have a big year, some guys will want in and others may bail out. Happens all the time. Whatever.

Manny inherited a mess. He immediately upgraded talent and worked to fill ‘the effin rooster for the first time in ages. His takes make sense. There is almost no one committed to us who I wonder wtf. It’s the first time since 2001 that I can say that. Doesnt mean they will all turn out well, but I dont see panic moves there. Or crack pipe evals.

So keep with your negative nellie whining shtick. Adds nothing to the discussion because you have no points behind it other than you want more stars. Okay. Got it.

**** is ******* amateur hour in Coral Gables. I'm being real.

Being at UCF this weekend even clarified that for me. Their staff is light years ahead of ours in terms of recruiting and developing relationships.

Listen...
I don't need or want anybody to sweat me. But I was standing around the entire UM coaching staff (with DF gear on) and not one person engaged me. ****, one time I was standing there with Knighton! That's a problem. I never felt welcomed there. Meanwhile I go to UCF for a few hours and one minute I'm eating wings with Josh Huepel, the next minute I'm rummaging through Randy Shannon's refrigerator and later I left with two coach's cell phone numbers.

That's how you develop relationships. And if I have to explain that to you people then you are absolutely clueless on how recruiting works.

As I explained in another thread, Miami's staff just simply doesn't know how to show love like other staffs do. It doesn't feel organic.
Unfortunately, that’s on Manny.

Advertisement
After a 7-6 season, a class that almost had more decommitts than actual commitments. We have the eighth ranked class in the nation this year and people are still complaining.
This! I usually like coach machos insight but he’s obviously in his feelings on this one. From everything we’ve heard and read, we recruited like crazy for Knighton and he’s not coming. We already have Restrepo and the rest of the DF 2020 guys are power 5 caliber but not Miami caliber. While we are 8th in the rankings, UCF is 86th lmao. GTFO with our comparing our staff to UCF.

Advertisement
Back