KNIGHTON

Advertisement
I told y'all last year...Cam is a better pure RB than Lingard. (and y'all thought I was trippin')

Lingard is a ridiculous athlete but all he did in high school was take dive hand-offs and run by slow white kids. He played in the Wing-T, hence the reason his vision needs work for this level.

I watched Cam make Dade County D1 kids look slow and silly. He played much better competition.

I think if Lingard can adjust then he'll be special.

as they say, the tape dont lie(and yeah, we only saw limited glimpses of LL) but in Cam, we saw a guy that did quality work with his touches. He made stuff happen. Some guys just have 'it'. It was that way with Portis back in 1999 as a freshman

Advertisement
Coker coached Sanders and Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma St....He said on several occasions that Gore (Frosh yr) was the Best he saw....

I've watched a lot of football in my day. To this day, the quickest RB I've ever seen through a hole in my life at the collegiate level was Frank Gore his freshman year. He was absolutely breathtaking.

Advertisement
I've watched a lot of football in my day. To this day, the quickest RB I've ever seen through a hole in my life at the collegiate level was Frank Gore his freshman year. He was absolutely breathtaking.
As I have...Love Frank...always will...But what I saw Freddie Miles do on the Gridiron in 79...Is something that is still ingrained in my Brain...If ya think Gore was Quick hitting a hole...Freddie was not only quicker...but Faster as well...Talk about a complete waste of talent....The Late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs for UM and the Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said on more than one occasion, that Freddie was the Best RB he ever saw, regardless of Age....Don Soldinger (till this very day) says the same thing....Thats how good he was...If there's any doubt...ask Soldinger (like I did)....Haunts me that much potential was ruined...Think about this....In 1979 Freddie, Not Bo Jackson...Not Marcus Dupree..and not Hershall Walker was the #1 Ranked HS RB in America...That tells ya all you need to know...Ask anyone 50 and older from Dade bout Freddie, and watch the look on their face...

People saying Cam Davis is better than Zo just have recency bias.

When both were healthy, Zo was seeing the field before Cam. Zo played in half the games Cam did, had like 10 fewer rushing attempts, and still only finished with 30 less rushing yards. Both are NFL level talent but Zo is the better all-around RB. He basically lost his job to injury.

People saying Cam Davis is better than Zo just have recency bias.

When both were healthy, Zo was seeing the field before Cam. Zo played in half the games Cam did, had like 10 fewer rushing attempts, and still only finished with 30 less rushing yards. Both are NFL level talent but Zo is the better all-around RB. He basically lost his job to injury.
Lingard was also an EE, while cam was not. Them stats are so small of a sample size that u can't even consider them.

Advertisement
Tell that to the people who are crowning Cam as the better RB.
I'm very neutral on this subject, as if right now I think they are equally good backs who are better at different things than the other. My only problem is that if people are going to say one is better than the other then provide good reasoning. To respond to ur statement I see majority people say Lingard is better becuase he is bigger and faster, which to me does not make a RB better. Only time will tell and as of rn I dont think people can come to the conclusion that one is better than the other.

Advertisement
I'm very neutral on this subject, as if right now I think they are equally good backs who are better at different things than the other. My only problem is that if people are going to say one is better than the other then provide good reasoning. To respond to ur statement I see majority people say Lingard is better becuase he is bigger and faster, which to me does not make a RB better. Only time will tell and as of rn I dont think people can come to the conclusion that one is better than the other.
I see more people saying Cam is the better RB. Some of those people are on this thread, some on YouTube/social media. All that is is recency bias. Same way people are on the Mallory bandwagon ever since Brevin went down. From what I've seen, no matter how little or how large of a sample size, Zo and Brevin are the best at their position.

I see more people saying Cam is the better RB. Some of those people are on this thread, some on YouTube/social media. All that is is recency bias. Same way people are on the Mallory bandwagon ever since Brevin went down. From what I've seen, no matter how little or how large of a sample size, Zo and Brevin are the best at their position.
I did not know people were claiming that about Mallory and Jordan. But if I had to have an opinion on that subject I would say the same thing about what I said about Lingard and Cam, one is better at other things than the other. Brevin is more agile, probably a better route runner, and was physically ready coming out of high school. Mallory is taller has better long speed and probably is more of a redzone threat.
I did not know people were saying that about Mallory or Jordan. That being said, if I had to give an opinion on that subject I would say the same thing; both are better at different things than the other. Brevin is more agile, probably a better route runner, and was more physically ready coming out of college thus making him a better blocker as well. Mallory is taller, better long speed, good at route running but not as good as Brevin, and is more of a redzone threat, and is now a solid blocker. That being said, I don't want to get into a conversation of who is better i just want to agree that UM as 2 headed monsters at TE and RB. we can agree to disagree as well.

No truer words have ever been spoken on this site. It was remarkable watching him in High School and then before he tore his acl.

Advertisement
Back