KNIGHTON

Coach Macho - I went to FatBoyz BBQ yesterday (the one in Deerfield) and there were a bunch of people sitting at one of the picnic tables with Deerfield shirts on. One guy had a polo on that said “DB Coach” on it, so I cold called him and said, “Hey coach, is Knighton coming to the U.” And he responding by chuckling and saying that he truly didn’t know, but that the UM coaches have been very visible at Deerfield. When I walked away, I heard someone at the table ask him if the U was going to be good this year and he responded by saying that it depends upon the QB play. Not much to add, but it is nice to hear how much Miami has been showing up at Deerfield, as opposed to prior years.

Good BBQ btw.

Advertisement
Coach Macho - I went to FatBoyz BBQ yesterday (the one in Deerfield) and there were a bunch of people sitting at one of the picnic tables with Deerfield shirts on. One guy had a polo on that said “DB Coach” on it, so I cold called him and said, “Hey coach, is Knighton coming to the U.” And he responding by chuckling and saying that he truly didn’t know, but that the UM coaches have been very visible at Deerfield. When I walked away, I heard someone at the table ask him if the U was going to be good this year and he responded by saying that it depends upon the QB play. Not much to add, but it is nice to hear how much Miami has been showing up at Deerfield, as opposed to prior years.

Good BBQ btw.

Maybe it was him lol

Kinda worried about UF. They have lost their top 2 running back targets and are gonna be looking for one

I highly doubt UF can work their way back into this one after they have basically ignored him while not only UM and FSPOO, but also LSU, OSU, OU and Clemson having kept heavy contact with him this whole time. I am more concerned with OU missing out on Milton/Tyree or Ngata not going to Clemson, one of those teams circling back and making him a priority again than the Turds having a shot here.

I highly doubt UF can work their way back into this one after they have basically ignored him while not only UM and FSPOO, but also LSU, OSU, OU and Clemson having kept heavy contact with him this whole time. I am more concerned with OU missing out on Milton/Tyree or Ngata not going to Clemson, one of those teams circling back and making him a priority again than the Turds having a shot here.

Never underestimate a local school being able to tell a kid, “You’re the only back we’re taking and we’re building our offense around you”. This is recruiting. And it’s early May. I’ll bet I can find similar posts from an Oklahoma board talking about Miami ignoring Trajan Bandy. This **** is super fluid. Now, I’m not saying he’s going to UF in the least bit. But it’s very silly to totally discount it.

Advertisement
Never underestimate a local school being able to tell a kid, “You’re the only back we’re taking and we’re building our offense around you”. This is recruiting. And it’s early May. I’ll bet I can find similar posts from an Oklahoma board talking about Miami ignoring Trajan Bandy. This **** is super fluid. Now, I’m not saying he’s going to UF in the least bit. But it’s very silly to totally discount it.

I agree and don’t totally discount it, but FSPOO is also a “local school” and they have already been telling him that all season while the Turds have ignored him. I’m not saying he’s coming to us just doubt the turds can work there way back in.

I agree and don’t totally discount it, but FSPOO is also a “local school” and they have already been telling him that all season while the Turds have ignored him. I’m not saying he’s coming to us just doubt the turds can work there way back in.

FSU is already heavily recruiting Holmes and Toafili. They have been very clear they are taking multiple backs this cycle. They absolutely have to. Their RB depth chart next year is awful. They’ll take 3 if they can honestly.

Please tell me about this looong list ("vast majority of cases") involving "overrated" Orlando kids. Especially the running backs.

Again, you are WAY over-generalizing. There's no history of 4 and 5 star Orlando recruits (particularly running backs) who flopped in college.

Ridiculous.
The Best HS RB I ever saw play in Orlando was Marquette Smith (Lake Howell) Kid was Ruthless in HS....Not so much in college....he transfered from FSU back home to UCF if I remember correctly...Had a decent career at UCF....Kid was like 5'8 200lbs...

Advertisement
The Best HS RB I ever saw play in Orlando was Marquette Smith (Lake Howell) Kid was Ruthless in HS....Not so much in college....he transfered from FSU back home to UCF if I remember correctly...Had a decent career at UCF....Kid was like 5'8 200lbs...

Was he in the backfield around the same time as Tiger McMillan? FSU always seemed to have RB’s with huge hype that seemed to underperform. Until, Dunn.

Go Canes!

Kinda worried about UF. They have lost their top 2 running back targets and are gonna be looking for one

They’ll probably turn up the pressure on the Tofu kid that’s been involved with FSU as well. He’s already been on they campus for an unofficial

Advertisement

Good BBQ btw.

I've been trying to tell people, the relationship here is good. Coach Glenn and Hickson go way back.

Last edited:
Was he in the backfield around the same time as Tiger McMillan? FSU always seemed to have RB’s with huge hype that seemed to underperform. Until, Dunn.

Go Canes!
You are here? I wish I could block you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back