KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You can "choose to believe" whatever you want. I already acknowledged that Dade is, from top-to-bottom, a tougher overall environment, but that Orlando HS football is pretty competitive and often (such as in 2017) gives Dade a run for the money.

As I pointed out, Dr. Phillips High School (just down the road from Universal Orlando) won the 8A championship in 2017, and University (Orange City) was beating Dr. Phillips going into the 4th quarter.

I have no problems with UM recruiting the top Dade County RBs each year, but sometimes there are great players outside of Dade as well.

Good lord, Emmitt Smith went to Escambia. In the 1980s. Let's not even try to pretend that there was "strong competition" in Pensacola 40 years ago.

I never said there isn’t “strong competition” anywhere. And I’m fully aware that a good kid can come from anywhere. I only said, in the vast majority of cases, Orlando kids are overrated. Yes, there are outliers, as there are in virtually anything you want to discuss. But Orlando kids, especially RBs, are overrated far more often than not. I feel Lingard is no exception. This DOES NOT mean I’m “hating” on the kid. It doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s good. It doesn’t mean I don’t think he can help Miami win, and it doesn’t mean I don’t think Miami can win with him as a featured back. He’s a good football player. My only point here is that I have never felt he was 5-star good. When I think 5-star back, I think of Dalvin. I think of Duke. I think of Fournette. Those are 5-star backs. The best of the best, who dominate from the minute they step on campus, and who break records. I just don’t see that with Lingard. And for the millionth time, I’d be absolutely thrilled to see him prove me and whoever else shares that opinion wrong. We’ll see.

I never said there isn’t “strong competition” anywhere. And I’m fully aware that a good kid can come from anywhere. I only said, in the vast majority of cases, Orlando kids are overrated. Yes, there are outliers, as there are in virtually anything you want to discuss. But Orlando kids, especially RBs, are overrated far more often than not. I feel Lingard is no exception. This DOES NOT mean I’m “hating” on the kid. It doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s good. It doesn’t mean I don’t think he can help Miami win, and it doesn’t mean I don’t think Miami can win with him as a featured back. He’s a good football player. My only point here is that I have never felt he was 5-star good. When I think 5-star back, I think of Dalvin. I think of Duke. I think of Fournette. Those are 5-star backs. The best of the best, who dominate from the minute they step on campus, and who break records. I just don’t see that with Lingard. And for the millionth time, I’d be absolutely thrilled to see him prove me and whoever else shares that opinion wrong. We’ll see.

Please tell me about this looong list ("vast majority of cases") involving "overrated" Orlando kids. Especially the running backs.

Again, you are WAY over-generalizing. There's no history of 4 and 5 star Orlando recruits (particularly running backs) who flopped in college.

Ridiculous.

Advertisement
Stop cryin'. Once Knighton picks UM, it will be all about him again.

Give me 1 great QB and 2 great RBs in every recruiting cycle, and Miami will start bringing home the championships again.
Not unless we can croot some big mean dudes to block for them. THAT is when we start winning Championships.

Advertisement
Please tell me about this looong list ("vast majority of cases") involving "overrated" Orlando kids. Especially the running backs.

Again, you are WAY over-generalizing. There's no history of 4 and 5 star Orlando recruits (particularly running backs) who flopped in college.

Ridiculous.

Sure, we’ll start with the most recent:

Patrick, Jacques

“I’m not worried that. The offense they run you got to keep backs going and going, but my mindset is always that I’m going to be the top guy. Hopefully Don Chaney has the mindset. I’m trying to compete.”

From the Ivins interview
The fact that he mentioned Don is a good sign. He could have just said i'm tryna compete and thats it. But he name dropped. Clearly hes thinking about it

Advertisement
Back