Knighton committing means

Advertisement
Interesting comparisons. Kamara was a situational back at Tennessee, Hunt was a work horse in college. Both are versatile. Both are more shifty and explosive than Dee Jay.

Again, I just don't see the draft value for most teams.

And what does that say about Lingard?

Will he ever be healthy? Will he ever be more than a straight line runner? Will we maximize his abilities?
im saying in terms of being able to run an catch the ball out of the back field. I feel like if he has a good 40 teams will be sold. he really doesnt have much film of him getting ran down

Advertisement
DJ definitely gone. Unfortunately I don’t know where he gets drafted. That 40 time will be crucial for him. He has to get in the 4.5 range. I hope he trains with an elite coach before the combine because that 40 time will make or break his draft stock.

no reason to return to Miami. 3 years of production, has a kid and plays the worst position in terms of shelf life. Go try and get that money.

DJ definitely gone. Unfortunately I don’t know where he gets drafted. That 40 time will be crucial for him. He has to get in the 4.5 range. I hope he trains with an elite coach before the combine because that 40 time will make or break his draft stock.

no reason to return to Miami. 3 years of production, has a kid and plays the worst position in terms of shelf life. Go try and get that money.
At about 215-220 a 4.57 would be a pretty solid time for him

I remember seeing his 40 is pretty **** fast (can't remember the time), I think he'll be fine.

I love what DJ brings to the team, but seriously, where does he think he goes in the draft?

His greatest physical attribute is versatility, but that means he isn't exceptional at any one thing. That usually means, best case, career back up.

I get that he wants to support his family and I congratulate him for that. I just don't see him being any kind of high draft pick. But it is not like he gets paid for staying in school......
DJ might not be the best RB , but he is a swiss army knife. Kid runs hard a very good pass catcher and a good blocker and a great kid in the locker room. If he can run with are o-line he can run any where. At worse a career back up but there are far worse jobs in life.

Advertisement
DJ might not be the best RB , but he is a swiss army knife. Kid runs hard a very good pass catcher and a good blocker and a great kid in the locker room. If he can run with are o-line he can run any where. At worse a career back up but there are far worse jobs in life.

WOW , love the Swiss Army knife part , I can picture that screen when checking off with blitz coming and BOOM DJ afterburner ignites.

Swiss Army knife EPIC

Advertisement
With the elbow injury I'm worried DJ will go undrafted. He might want to return, finish his degree, and prove to NFL he's healthy
I don’t disagree in principle but if he is healthy and can work out at the combine and/or UM pro day, then he needs to leave. One major injury in college is enough.

for sure. He has to get in the 4.5 range. If he is 4.6 or slower, he might not get drafted
Walton got drafted in the 4th running a 4.64 at 200 pounds. He will be more than fine running Lower than that at 215-220 and deejay has no off the field concerns either

DJ will be a solid NFL player. He's intelligent, has good vision, nice size, good enough speed, can catch out of the backfield. He'll get drafted 4th-5th round and last around 8 years in the league.

Advertisement
Deejay has a kid to support. Can’t fault him for that. Plus, even though we’ll miss his leadership and passion, I think him moving on will benefit us in the long run by keeping Lingard in the fold.

Advertisement
Back