KJ Osborn

To be fair, he got clean separation on ~1 route the whole season.

Still boggles my mind how the fans stan for the 2019 WR group. They were awful. For all of Enos' faults his use of alignment and route concepts often gave the WRs every opportunity to separate and they failed over and over again. Osborn did most of his damage against zone coverage. But hey I just study the film.

U must have me confused w other posters. I, for one, may be one of the more brutally honest posters on here. I give no passes anywhere.

So u break down film, right? Well so do I. So let me ask; how often were our WR’s wide open, and Jarren or Perry either didn’t have time, or simply held on to the ball too long? How often were DBs just sitting on routes b/c our O was so predictable?

I don’t think we have any game changers at WRs. ****, even w Redding, I don’t see a guy who screams difference makers. With that being said, I also don’t see a staff full of difference makers either. So is our problem players on the roster, or is our problem scheme & player development?

Advertisement
U must have me confused w other posters. I, for one, may be one of the more brutally honest posters on here. I give no passes anywhere.

So u break down film, right? Well so do I. So let me ask; how often were our WR’s wide open, and Jarren or Perry either didn’t have time, or simply held on to the ball too long? How often were DBs just sitting on routes b/c our O was so predictable?

I don’t think we have any game changers at WRs. ****, even w Redding, I don’t see a guy who screams difference makers. With that being said, I also don’t see a staff full of difference makers either. So is our problem players on the roster, or is our problem scheme & player development?

I was speaking generally.

WRs were open a lot on those hard play action passes because defenses knew they could just beeline the QB without getting beat. Not a lot of plays where WRs got separation and the QB missed. That happened a lot with AR and Rosier. Sitting on routes was also a bigger problem with Richt because of static spread isolation routes, especially routes at the sticks.

Bad QB and bad WRs and flawed OC is a collective problem. If any one of those elements was good it would prop up the others.

I was speaking generally.

WRs were open a lot on those hard play action passes because defenses knew they could just beeline the QB without getting beat. Not a lot of plays where WRs got separation and the QB missed. That happened a lot with AR and Rosier. Sitting on routes was also a bigger problem with Richt because of static spread isolation routes, especially routes at the sticks.

Bad QB and bad WRs and flawed OC is a collective problem. If any one of those elements was good it would prop up the others.

Agreed

Advertisement
He ran like a 4.6 guy most of the season. Those jet sweeps and returns were painful to watch.

He looked much more athletic in the bowl game after a month of rest which gave hope for a solid combine.

He's athletic but he either played hurt all year or overtrains during the season. Film don't lie.
He was really good on returns. Again, i wonder if some guys here actually watch the games.

He was really good on returns. Again, i wonder if some guys here actually watch the games.

For his career he averaged 19.5 yards per KR and 12.5 yards per punt return with 0 total TDs. Really good for a JAG I guess.

For his career he averaged 19.5 yards per KR and 12.5 yards per punt return with 0 total TDs. Really good for a JAG I guess.
You know there's Google right, genius?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200301-005111.png
    Screenshot_20200301-005111.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 77
Advertisement
He ran like a 4.6 guy most of the season. Those jet sweeps and returns were painful to watch.

He looked much more athletic in the bowl game after a month of rest which gave hope for a solid combine.

He's athletic but he either played hurt all year or overtrains during the season. Film don't lie.
He looked pretty good all year as a PR once they gave him that job. Not sure who you were watching where it was “painful.” And our jet sweep game has been horrific with anyone running it.

Advertisement
Osborn will be a success because he has an excellent work ethic.

He's opened the door for someone to draft him in the 5th round, which will buy him some leeway to make his mark (and not be cut after a so-so Training Camp).

Kid was great for us and has a ton of talent . Just didnt have an OC or a QB to get him the ball . Will be a 3rd WR in the league for a long time IMO.

Advertisement
KJ played with intensity, and saved our asses in quite a few games.
His personality was the glue that held a precarious team together last year.

For that we should be thankful.

He stepped above all the foolishness that was taking place among the QB's, and the QB room.

You could read frustration on his face when he was wide open and the QB's did not get him the ball.
Kid is a gamer. Hope he gets drafted late and is given a chance.

Advertisement
Back