KJ Osborn

Advertisement
He ran like a 4.6 guy most of the season. Those jet sweeps and returns were painful to watch.

He looked much more athletic in the bowl game after a month of rest which gave hope for a solid combine.

He's athletic but he either played hurt all year or overtrains during the season. Film don't lie.

Advertisement
He ran like a 4.6 guy most of the season. Those jet sweeps and returns were painful to watch.

He looked much more athletic in the bowl game after a month of rest which gave hope for a solid combine.

He's athletic but he either played hurt all year or overtrains during the season. Film don't lie.

To be fair; those sweeps were not well executed and poorly timed.

Advertisement
I’ve rewatched about 5 games, w no emotions attached, just str8 football optics.

Man, those boys deserved better. Teams were just pinning their ears back, and Jarren....anyways, u r right.
Back in sept I said the staff deciding on 53 and Zion to take bumps and bruises year one was a mistake..but I had no idea how sorry we was behind those guys

Advertisement
Same place all the "Jt4 will run a 4.3" went.

And whoever thought jt4 was running a sub 4.4, obviously know nothing about running, his take off(1st 10yrds) is football elite, 1st 10 yrds, after that, he runs with the rest of the pack speed wise, which is why on the majority of his punt returns, he could never Truly the corner. Plus he's not a jet sweep type of guy, he's properly used going up field, not lateral. Hearing commentators make statements about jt4 before kickoffs or punt returns trying to sound Prophetic, making unwarranted statements "jeff thomas is a threat to take it the distance at anytime" if that's the case, if everybody blocks their man to perfection, everybody who goes back to receive a punt or kickoff is a threat!

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst

Overview
Osborn played mostly from the slot at Buffalo and mostly outside at Miami, but Buffalo likely had it right. His size, quickness and speed fail to stand out and he's not fully equipped to get away from tight man on the pro level. From the slot, his instincts in space and overall toughness could serve him well, but are still garden variety at best. However, Osborn has been a consistently productive punt returner for three seasons and is able to cover kicks and punts if asked. The special teams work gives him a shot if he can be functional as a backup receiver.

Strengths
  • Shows up to work and does his job
  • Good recognition and communication as hot receiver
  • Alters and adjusts routes when reading zone
  • Finds and settles into underbelly of short zone
  • Works into safeties without showing fear of collisions
  • Fearless return man on both punts and kickoffs
  • Career average of over 12 yards per punt return, including 15.9 in 2019
  • Has coverage production in first two seasons at Buffalo

Weaknesses
  • Doesn't play with suddenness of feet to slip by press
  • Bump-and-run coverage will hound him
  • Lacks top end speed and vertical push to threaten
  • One speed route runner
  • Doesn't use routes to set up defenders well enough
  • Below average separation burst
  • Start-stop routes get bogged down by delayed restart
  • Consistency of hands and catch radius is very average

Advertisement

He led the ACC in total punt return yards by more than 60 over his closest competitor even though he didn't return it all year. He also led in yards per return. Sorry to confuse you with the facts.

Never knew how fast Osborn was, but I really didn't think he was a 4.4 guy.

He made himself some cabbage with this combine.

Like Colbert, I'm glad we had him even if it was just for a year.

Hopefully we'll be saying that about King and Roche around this time next year.

To be fair; those sweeps were not well executed and poorly timed.

To be fair, he got clean separation on ~1 route the whole season.

Still boggles my mind how the fans stan for the 2019 WR group. They were awful. For all of Enos' faults his use of alignment and route concepts often gave the WRs every opportunity to separate and they failed over and over again. Osborn did most of his damage against zone coverage. But hey I just study the film.

Advertisement
Back