Kirkland gives an update

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Booker T Washington Offensive Lineman Denver Kirkland (6'5, 330) is one of the top players still on the board for the Hurricanes. Kirkland recently showed the rest of the country why he is so highly-touted, as he was named MVP of The Opening out in Oregon last week.

"It was a great experience to be able to go out there and compete," Kirkland said.

With offers from some of the top schools in the country, Kirkland's choice will be a tough one.

"I don't have top schools right now, but I'm looking at FSU, USC, Miami, Florida, and South Florida. I haven't visited any schools yet, I'm going to visit after the season," he added.

Playing at a powerhouse school in Miami, the Canes are definitely an option.

"I like their program and graduation rate. I talk to Coach Michael Barrow and Coach Kehoe. They try to tell me to go there like every coach," he said.

Kirkland is versatile on the field, as he has played both guard and tackle.

"I like playing tackle better because I’m quick on my feet," Kirkland said.

He isn't the only top-tier prospect on his team either, as 5-star LB Matthew Thomas plays on the other side of the ball for the Tornadoes.

"Me and him want to go to the same school together, so we just talk about it, but we still haven't made our decision. My family wants me to go wherever is best for me," Kirkland added.

He says he plans on waiting until signing day to announce his decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back