Kirk transfers back

Advertisement
Cool beans... Another big to help Jekiri, J. Kelly, Raphael, and Swoope.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is going to be an interesting season.

If by interesting you mean were going to be awful then I agree.

If we get the waiver for Angel, we won't be awful. Even without it, I'm not sure we're awful. Not good, but awful.

It hurts not having an experienced PG but I think we're mediocre at this point, not awful. I think if you asked me 100 times, the most common prediction would be 7-11 in the ACC.

This is going to be an interesting season.

If by interesting you mean were going to be awful then I agree.

If we get the waiver for Angel, we won't be awful. Even without it, I'm not sure we're awful. Not good, but awful.

It hurts not having an experienced PG but I think we're mediocre at this point, not awful. I think if you asked me 100 times, the most common prediction would be 7-11 in the ACC.

I think that is fair.

Advertisement
So here is what we're looking at (assuming Rodriguez gets the waiver)

PG: Rodriguez
SG: Burnett
SF: Brown
PF: Kelly (or Kirk)
C: Jekri

-------
PG: LeComte and Elder (not on scholarship)
SG: Adams
SF: Reed and Swoope
PF: Kirk and Griffin (not on scholarship)
C: Akpejiori

11 Scholarship Players

+ 1 Transfer (hopefully Sheldon McClellan)

+ 1 Scholarship 2013 Player (I bet the staff is working on trying to get one more player)
----------------------------------------

-------

11 Scholarship Players

+ 1 Scholarship 2013 Player (I bet the staff is working on trying to get one more player)

Freshman Burnett is not going to start over 5th year senior Adams, especially when his game profiles to an "instant offense/microwave" sort of game. If Rodriguez gets the waiver, which I'm NOT assuming, Burnett will be coming off the bench. If Rodriguez doesn't get it, I think he is our starting PG and we'll see how that goes.

-------

11 Scholarship Players

Freshman Burnett is not going to start over 5th year senior Adams, especially when his game profiles to an "instant offense/microwave" sort of game. If Rodriguez gets the waiver, which I'm NOT assuming, Burnett will be coming off the bench. If Rodriguez doesn't get it, I think he is our starting PG and we'll see how that goes.

I like it

vinnie-johnson01.jpg

Advertisement

-------

11 Scholarship Players

I would say neither Adams nor Burnett has a guaranteed spot as a starter. We have not seen any ANY ANY any indication Adams can start based on his tenure. We're going to need points at that position, my guess who is the better scorer is the starter. Remember Burnett prepped so he is not your average freshman. My guess if Rodriguez gets the waiver, Burnett is starting by year end if not sooner.

We have not seen Adams be this instant offense guy, in fact that is Burnett (instant offense) but at lower comp

There are 2 ends of the floor. Adams was effective on defense when healthy earlier in his career, so it will be up to Coach L to see if he needs more D or more scoring. If Brown/Rodriguez can supply some offensive pop, then Adams can start. I also think Brown will be at the 2 and Adams would be at the 3 if they're both in the starting lineup.

I think Adams starts early on, then if Burnett develops as expected, he might push Adams to a sixth man role, which is a spot I think he would thrive in.

Advertisement
There is plenty of indication that Adams can start. Specifically on team with plenty of youth. He was a consistent starter his sophomore year. Had a number of double digit scoring efforts in ACC play( 7 out of 18). Hasn't proven to be a good shooter and his role decreased as Larkin emerged and he got injured.

Last edited:
Not a great player, but not around for long and he has what it takes to play minutes. I think we should be decent next year. ACC is good but plenty of beatable teams too. No reason we can't hover around .500

I think with Angel coming aboard (if he gets his waiver) and Kirk returning make us a NIT team, at least... If Coach L can lead this team into the NCAA tourney, double that man's salary.

Advertisement
Back