Kirby Smart

Advertisement
With the coaching carousel ramping up, Kirby Smart to the Falcons is likely happening this month. Numbers and logistics have already been discussed.
Ok

I will believe when the press conference happens. Georgia football is bigger than the falcons in Atlanta and probably can pay as much

plus they alienate a lot of their own fan base with this hire

if he has an nfl itch better jobs open

57be582984c5b.image.png

Advertisement
With the coaching carousel ramping up, Kirby Smart to the Falcons is likely happening this month. Numbers and logistics have already been discussed.
The king of Athens?? Would be the splash hire blank said he'd make but they don't even draft UGA players..
That press conference was atrocious

Advertisement
Im a Falcons fan and i don't hate it but i think I rather Todd Monken being the head coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why would Smart go to the NFL? With Saban out, who’s the threat to Smart? He’s gonna be in every playoffs and have a chance to win the NC every year…

Most coaches have sizable egos. They want to know they can do it at the highest level. That’s why so many eventually go to the NFL, just like Saban did, and why Harbaugh probably will eventually. Maybe Smart is one of the rare ones that’s fine right where he is.

Most coaches have sizable egos. They want to know they can do it at the highest level. That’s why so many eventually go to the NFL, just like Saban did, and why Harbaugh probably will eventually. Maybe Smart is one of the rare ones that’s fine right where he is.

I see what you mean but at the same time, Smart followed Saban for over 10 years waiting for his Alma mater HC job to get open, it’s not like he changed job trying to move up the ladder.
Same as a Brent Venables who patiently waited at Clemson until the OU job opened his way.

The Falcons might be the NFL job to make him jump but looking at his career, he seems to be pretty happy coaching at the college level.

Advertisement
Back