Kirby Smart 'Very Interested' in Va Tech job

Advertisement
Unless Smart is willing to give up the D to Foster, they're going to have to find an offensive minded HC. Otherwise it'll be a slap in Foster's face. If that happens, he might look for a DC position elsewhere, like here.

Like Dennis, we would have to overlook his love of the spirits world.

Dosent bud foshter have to paid extra ammount of money if hes not hired when beamerleaves? He had a coach in waiting clause or im wrong

Advertisement
We need to bring Bud down as Dc and throw all the liquor he wants at him.

Wouldn't count out Rich Rod. Didn't the VT AD work at WVU when Rich Rod was there?

Hire wouldn't make sense to me if I was VT. They already have Bud get an offensive minded HC defense isn't there problem and VT isn't a 3-4 type of team.

Advertisement
I do accounting for a huge donor to VT. He's probably the biggest contractor in the East Tn/SW Va area and we talk college football all the time. Boosters, donors, and board members have already been informed from the athletic dept of the price tag they need to be willing to pay for their #1 choice, straight from the guys agent. That guy is Rich Rod. They plan on trying to keep Bud Foster around as well. Of course, someone could out bid them for Rodriguez and Smart could be their #2 .

Hire wouldn't make sense to me if I was VT. They already have Bud get an offensive minded HC defense isn't there problem and VT isn't a 3-4 type of team.

that's what i was thinking he doesnt seem like a fit to me, its harder to run a dominant 3-4 defense when you dont have yearly access to 5 star defensive talent constantly rolling in

Rich Rod will keep VT between 8 to 10 wins, every year. Good for them, better for us. Hope they hire him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kirby runs a 3-4. So I dont see him keeping foster. I wonder if foster would be good here?

VT has had an issue with Offense for eternities, they SHOULD hire an offense minded coach and keep foster running the D.

Advertisement
Foster at the "U" would only insure victories against Va Tech...Don't know what else he brings but achieving success with under whelming players..

Advertisement
Back