King officially named UM starting QB; Diaz comments

Advertisement
They barely have any protocol in place, every team is doing their own thing with different resources available. Gonna be hard to keep 100+ teams with over 100 personnel in check with no outbreaks. There plan is to hope this goes away and public outcry dies down, that is not a good plan. Hope you are right tho

All this for a virus with a death rate less than that of the common cold.....and many of those "deaths" were of other causes that had nothing to do with Covid.

King is going to lead us to a lot of Ws this season. Let's go!!

1) King
2) Kosi
3) TVD
4) Martell
5) Matocha

Unfortunately, that QB room doesn't inspire any confidence after King. TVD obviously has a lot of upside. But great HS QBs don't always make that transition to college, as we well know. And two guys that couldn't beat out Jarren Williams or Malik Rosier (in Perry's case) have to "show cause" even to keep their spots at this point, I think. Trusting them to lead the team after King leaves would be insanity. Finally, can we all just agree Matocha will never play here?

Advertisement
King is going to lead us to a lot of Ws this season. Let's go!!

Unfortunately, that QB room doesn't inspire any confidence after King. TVD obviously has a lot of upside. But great HS QBs don't always make that transition to college, as we well know. And two guys that couldn't beat out Jarren Williams or Malik Rosier (in Perry's case) have to "show cause" even to keep their spots at this point, I think. Trusting them to lead the team after King leaves would be insanity. Finally, can we all just agree Matocha will never play here?

What are you basing the Matocha take on? Kid was literally a true freshman last year..

Redshirt senior D’Eriq King was named Miami’s starting quarterback for the 2020 football season, head coach Manny Diaz announced Monday, which is the first day of the Hurricanes’ second session of approved summer activities.

“D’Eriq’s hard work both on and off the field has earned him the starting quarterback position,” Diaz said. “His leadership qualities have been evident since he arrived on campus, continuing through mat drills, spring practice, our virtual meetings and summer activities. We’re excited to see him lead this offense and I know his teammates are excited as well.”

King, a graduate transfer from the University of Houston, racked up 78 total touchdowns, 4,295 passing yards and 1,421 rushing yards in 22 starts for the Cougars. He was recently named to the 2020 watch lists for both the Davey O’Brien Award, honoring the nation’s top quarterback, and the Maxwell Award, which is presented annually to the most outstanding player in college football.
We back!!!!

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
I guess my 50,000/1 bet on N'Kosi isn't gonna pay off.

About time let him get all the 1st team reps get as comfortable with his receivers as possible

We knew it was coming but still what does it say about the QB room that nobody could even contend for the job. I want competition at all positions. Now lets see what if any backups enter the portal.

It's not that nobody else could contend for the job, it's almost August and d'eriq is clearly a starting quality qb and is an established starter, commands the huddle, is very sure of himself in what the coaches are trying to run and has good accuracy/ball placement on the intermediate routes, we'll see if he's a winner though!

mark it down.

Yes
There
Will
Be
College
Football
This
Year.

The universities have so much invested in the football programs, and so much of their revenue is derived from football. We will have college football in some form.
Yup. Colleges have already tipped their hands. Doesn’t even make sense to follow COVID updates with CFB in mind. They need football to pay bloated coaching and Athletic admin salaries, and to even fund other sports. They’re not walking away from that bag.

Advertisement
Great news, the right thing! And, if it wasn't based on the obvious talent, I don't even want to think what may be been going on with the crowd on the lower end of the chart still searching for rock bottom, .

Keep smoking what CNN and the Dems are rolling for you, bro.
wtf are you talking about? Its right there on your tv how difficult its going to be. If you want to be the idiot tough guy that doesn't look at reality thats fine. Once some college players start testing positive across teams, this will grind to a halt. Not cause of cnn or dems you foxnews idiot.

All this for a virus with a death rate less than that of the common cold.....and many of those "deaths" were of other causes that had nothing to do with Covid.
Tell that **** to the parents in Jacksonville who lost a 9 year old healthy girl. Think about 9.. years old👀 9 year olds aren't getting sick and dying from no **** cold. Stop the **** lies.. it's not the end of the world but like I said go at ddscane how that **** felt.. he's on the board.

Advertisement
There's nothing in this thread that connects a Covid or a political discussion to King being named the starter.

If you guys are gonna bìtch back & forth about it, just leave the thread.

THIS IS A D'ERIQ KING THREAD, not Covid is gonna cancel the season thread or a political thread, please keep that shìt to yourselves.

There's nothing in this thread that connects a Covid or a political discussion to King being named the starter.

If you guys are gonna bìtch back & forth about it, just leave the thread.

THIS IS A D'ERIQ KING THREAD, not Covid is gonna cancel the season thread or a political thread, please keep that shìt to yourselves.
Amen, the Covid 19 thread is still open.

1595879594081.png

Tell that **** to the parents in Jacksonville who lost a 9 year old healthy girl. Think about 9.. years old👀 9 year olds aren't getting sick and dying from no **** cold. Stop the **** lies.. it's not the end of the world but like I said go at ddscane how that **** felt.. he's on the board.

You need to look into the case a little more, as well as look at death rates for people of younger ages for the regular flu and compare. I think you might be surprised But not here - you can discuss it on the Covid forum.

Advertisement
Back