King is ACC QB of the week!

Advertisement
1601313791230.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Raw meat for Clemson but that is what being a Cane is. He give us a chance but other players need to bring the dogs in them or go steal one fomr someone else to bring. I like our chances with this kid. Already best QB since Berlin. Needs to be a Kosar for this game - Giant Killer.
Best since Berlin? Hold on right there. Berlin is nowhere near the talent King is. He was putrid at times. Best since Dorsey, sure. Best since Berlin makes it sound like Berlin was something special. He had a few good games, but a **** of a lot of stinkers as well.

King is the biggest difference maker since... I don't know when. Most Miami QBs have been game managers with an extreme amount of talent around them. King IS the extreme talent that makes the talent around him better.

After that first drive, I knew he was gonna tear their *** up. He was so poised and precise. Even when he's scrambling he's looking downfield. That's super hard to defend. His legs versus Clemson could be the key to upsetting them.

Advertisement
This is the second time in two weeks that King is ACC player of the week (QB). Last week, King (QB), Bolden (DB) and Borregales (Sp) were ACC players of the week. Corey Gaynor (OL) was ACC player of the week during the first week.

It appears that the Canes will have a lot of players on the All ACC teams if this level of play by the Canes continues ❗

Best since Berlin? Hold on right there. Berlin is nowhere near the talent King is. He was putrid at times. Best since Dorsey, sure. Best since Berlin makes it sound like Berlin was something special. He had a few good games, but a **** of a lot of stinkers as well.

King is the biggest difference maker since... I don't know when. Most Miami QBs have been game managers with an extreme amount of talent around them. King IS the extreme talent that makes the talent around him better.
Hum, I seem to remember several comebacks. Had Coker had eyes to see he would have realized that Berlin was not a under center QB but was great in shotgun. Kid didn't have the right eyes for dropping back. In today's offense, he would give King run for his money. Berlin did loss 5 games over two years and that sucked given the talent, but a better coach would have left him in the gun the whole game every game and he might have done better.

I'll wait until at least Clemson to declare him best since Ken. I have been compairing King to Kosar. I am jumping the gun on him - I what to hope while I can but I hope that makes you feel better. If he beat Clemson, I'll be happy to upgrade him over Berlin.

Hum, I seem to remember several comebacks. Had Coker had eyes to see he would have realized that Berlin was not a under center QB but was great in shotgun. Kid didn't have the right eyes for dropping back. In today's offense, he would give King run for his money. Berlin did loss 5 games over two years and that sucked given the talent, but a better coach would have left him in the gun the whole game every game and he might have done better.

I'll wait until at least Clemson to declare him best since Ken. I have been compairing King to Kosar. I am jumping the gun on him - I what to hope while I can but I hope that makes you feel better. If he beat Clemson, I'll be happy to upgrade him over Berlin.
King will never have a game like Berlin did against UT.

Advertisement
King will never have a game like Berlin did against UT.
Hey I want the kid to take us to a NC, return us to glory and even nudge The Mad Stork for GOAT, but I'm going to hold at best since Berlin until we see Clemson. I have my hopes up to beat Clemson based solely on his performance, especially that dime he dropped for TB as he was getting smashed.

Off topic but not really. Bolden got shafted for DB of the week.

Also they need to have TE of week.. Brevin would have it every week

Hey I want the kid to take us to a NC, return us to glory and even nudge The Mad Stork for GOAT, but I'm going to hold at best since Berlin until we see Clemson. I have my hopes up to beat Clemson based solely on his performance, especially that dime he dropped for TB as he was getting smashed.
When did Berlin beat the #1 team on the road to make that the baseline of excellence? He absolutely choked several games, and had the good fortune to play against FSU and Chris Rix. Berlin was far from elite, and the only time his name was mentioned for the Heisman was when he was recruited by the Gators and their fans were swearing he could throw the ball 100 yards. No, that is not a joke.

I get it, we all want to see more from King before, well, crowning him. It's just that Berlin is a low bar, in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back