King is a leader

Advertisement
Where we really messed up that game was not keeping the ball away from Clemson. We were supposed to go tempo but also make some **** completions.. to have it be effective smh..

King is really the last guy I'm worried about.
Just an exercise--no wrong answer. Who is the guy you are most worried about.

1602797336118.png

Last edited:
Sure hasn't been leading the receivers to learn to catch the **** ball in the last six months.

I like King, but if we're still trotting out that starting three and no one has absolutely flipped a $#!+ about how bad they are, something is very, very wrong.

When was the last time one of them made a contested catch? Put Mallory on that list too. Another Greentree AA with loads of "potential" who hasn't done a **** thing.

Advertisement
I wonder just how well King can see the field when the passing lanes are clogged with bodies. I'd like to see him roll out a **** of a lot more, forcing the D to make a decision to stop him from running, or cover. If nothing else, it would allow King to see the field without a wall of 6'5" bodies in his way.

Am I the only one that thinks him standing in a pocket surrounded by dudes way taller than him is a problem? It's fine when there are lanes to throw through, but there weren't any last game. Pitt will do the same **** thing. It was more than King having a bad game. What was the reason he had a bad game? THAT needs to be fixed, because King himself isn't the kind of guy that has a bad game for no reason. He's far too mature, calm, cool, and collected to just have a random bad game.

The play calling was ill suited for what Clemson was doing, and that must be improved upon or we will see a season off the rails really soon.
I wouldn’t disagree.

I rewatched some of his YouTube highlights and King threw well from the pocket. Those were highlights, though, and when under duress he was taking off for a long run. And none of those highlights where against a team with a defense like Clemson.

Sure hasn't been leading the receivers to learn to catch the **** ball in the last six months.

I like King, but if we're still trotting out that starting three and no one has absolutely flipped a $#!+ about how bad they are, something is very, very wrong.

When was the last time one of them made a contested catch? Put Mallory on that list too. Another Greentree AA with lotiads of "potential" who hasn't done a **** thing.
I'm not lumping Mallory in with the receivers, that's a low blow. He's looked very good the few times he's been thrown to. Lashlee needs to get him the **** ball.

I wouldn’t disagree.

I rewatched some of his YouTube highlights and King threw well from the pocket. Those were highlights, though, and when under duress he was taking off for a long run. And none of those highlights where against a team with a defense like Clemson.
Thing is, to my eyes, when he has throwing lanes he does fine from the pocket. No complaints at ALL from me there. He has the arm, can go through progressions, make great decisions, etc. It's when those lanes are gone that he looks like he can't see anything. It's not a knock on him, but it is something I believe the coaches need to work on. Move the pocket, roll him out and make the D step up to stop him from running. ****, we have two great TEs, and they would both feast on a D that has their eyes in the backfield.

We will not be facing a D as good as Clemson the rest of the way. However, we will be facing a lot of Ds that will try to do the same **** thing. They might not do it as well as Clemson, but it honestly doesn't take all that much to block his field of vision. Lashlee needs to remedy this quick. Here's hoping it's this weekend.

Thing is, to my eyes, when he has throwing lanes he does fine from the pocket. No complaints at ALL from me there. He has the arm, can go through progressions, make great decisions, etc. It's when those lanes are gone that he looks like he can't see anything. It's not a knock on him, but it is something I believe the coaches need to work on. Move the pocket, roll him out and make the D step up to stop him from running. ****, we have two great TEs, and they would both feast on a D that has their eyes in the backfield.

We will not be facing a D as good as Clemson the rest of the way. However, we will be facing a lot of Ds that will try to do the same **** thing. They might not do it as well as Clemson, but it honestly doesn't take all that much to block his field of vision. Lashlee needs to remedy this quick. Here's hoping it's this weekend.
Lashlee definitely needs a rebound game to adjust to what Clemson taught other defenses about Miami.

Advertisement
Lashlee definitely needs a rebound game to adjust to what Clemson taught other defenses about Miami.
Well this weekend would be the game, because Pitt will do their best to replicate what Clemson did. Here's hoping we don't come out looking like Mark Richt just woke up from a nap and decided to call plays.

I'm not lumping Mallory in with the receivers, that's a low blow. He's looked very good the few times he's been thrown to. Lashlee needs to get him the **** ball.

Or maybe he's not getting thrown to because he's not creating separation?

Pretty sure he was second on the team in drops last year. Point being, someone needs to step up, and if the receivers can't do it, the dudes that are 6'5 and 250lbs need to.

Wiggins and Mallory each had a step on Jones and Kendrick, respectively. A better throw in each instance and the outcome may have been different. Expecting him to be sharper this week.

Advertisement
I wonder just how well King can see the field when the passing lanes are clogged with bodies. I'd like to see him roll out a **** of a lot more, forcing the D to make a decision to stop him from running, or cover. If nothing else, it would allow King to see the field without a wall of 6'5" bodies in his way.

Am I the only one that thinks him standing in a pocket surrounded by dudes way taller than him is a problem? It's fine when there are lanes to throw through, but there weren't any last game. Pitt will do the same **** thing. It was more than King having a bad game. What was the reason he had a bad game? THAT needs to be fixed, because King himself isn't the kind of guy that has a bad game for no reason. He's far too mature, calm, cool, and collected to just have a random bad game.

The play calling was ill suited for what Clemson was doing, and that must be improved upon or we will see a season off the rails really soon.
Preaching the absolute truth brother!

Advertisement
Back