Kill Trolls Dead Thread

I honestly think some of these doofuses look at it as some type of badge of honor to get banned here.

They come on spewing nonsense then after a while when people just ignore them they finally go over the top with some crash and burn thread.

It's the same formula over and over again.

I just don't get it. Why would anyone want to waste their time doing something so stupid and meaningless?
Generational erosion of intellect?

Advertisement
Researchers from MIT studied herd mentality in online opinion spaces. Online comments were given an initial positive vote on an undisclosed website for over five months. The researchers found that the first person reading the comment was 32 percent more likely to give it an upvote if it had been already given a (fake) positive score. The researchers found that prior positive ratings created a significant bias in individual rating behavior, and created herding effects. One of the researchers involved in the experiment stated; “We saw how these signals of social influence snowballed into behaviors like herding.”
If anyone else posted this it might carry weigh. Knowing from whom it originated makes it out right hilarious....

Beautiful post except it doesn’t actually apply to what is going on here. Take you for instance, you are not particularly liked nor are your posts well received a lot of the time. No one is dragging you in here demanding you be executed because you are not a troll, at least not by my definition.

If you can’t see the type of trash we are getting rid of are those that have nothing but bad intentions and are actually the worst threat to any board, then I suggest you lay off the MIT studies and help your board out by learning how to spot these fools.
If what you say is true then NYstate need to be dragged in this thread and given the business. Sometimes the justice is to arbitrary. Need to start applying across the board of what you’re saying is true

Advertisement
If what you say is true then NYstate need to be dragged in this thread and given the business. Sometimes the justice is to arbitrary. Need to start applying across the board of what you’re saying is true
He’s 100% in the hands of Androol.

I will take this moment to give myself a shout-out as the first one to bait Ernie into a BAND. While I won't dismiss him entirely or solely as troll, I will say unequivocally that he is a very disturbed individual regardless. As @RVACane noticed (great work by the way), even the slightest jab will illicit an avalanche of overreaction. Neg him once, and he'll use the search function to return 50, even on posts his character or persona would agree with, because he's overemotional and crazy. Ernie is also not as old as he says, he uses that to add credibility to his rants. I know all this because the Ernie you see on the boards is even whackier if he you drive him so crazy he sends you DMs. They're a badge of honor to me, but disturbing to most. He makes references an old man wouldn't conjure up, particularly to his genitalia and things he'd use it for on you. See, trolls need an audience, Ernie is crazier in DM, and somehow, even more verbose and long-winded. In short, a long history of being on the wrong side of every blind UM administration has damaged Ernie, sexually. Or, he's just one gigantic crazy closet case who is actually Kenneth's sneaky Uncle. Who are we kidding, he's probably the bear who killed DBC.

I will take this moment to give myself a shout-out as the first one to bait Ernie into a BAND. While I won't dismiss him entirely or solely as troll, I will say unequivocally that he is a very disturbed individual regardless. As @RVACane noticed (great work by the way), even the slightest jab will illicit an avalanche of overreaction. Neg him once, and he'll use the search function to return 50, even on posts his character or persona would agree with, because he's overemotional and crazy. Ernie is also not as old as he says, he uses that to add credibility to his rants. I know all this because the Ernie you see on the boards is even whackier if he you drive him so crazy he sends you DMs. They're a badge of honor to me, but disturbing to most. He makes references an old man wouldn't conjure up, particularly to his genitalia and things he'd use it for on you. See, trolls need an audience, Ernie is crazier in DM, and somehow, even more verbose and long-winded. In short, a long history of being on the wrong side of every blind UM administration has damaged Ernie, sexually. Or, he's just one gigantic crazy closet case who is actually Kenneth's sneaky Uncle. Who are we kidding, he's probably the bear who killed DBC.
LMAO!!! I had no idea he did all that too. All I did is ask him to be fair and not lie about @NicKane ‘s banner actually having flown and he went nuts. My profane posts and my Ernie thread with multiple Ernie taking it in the rear gifs, which have been deleted, were not intended to be anti-***. He started attacking me and it was all to ridicule him and set him off. I apologize to anyone who is *** that I offended.

Advertisement
@Andrew

Herd mentality, mob mentality, and pack mentality describes how people can be influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors on a largely emotional, rather than rational, basis.

This thread and others on this message board mirror what is transpiring on many message boards across America. We see the voices of those who dare to share an opinion that does not 100% mirror the opinions of the Pack leaders ridiculed, stifled and eventually ostracized.

Researchers from MIT studied herd mentality in online opinion spaces. Online comments were given an initial positive vote on an undisclosed website for over five months. The researchers found that the first person reading the comment was 32 percent more likely to give it an upvote if it had been already given a (fake) positive score. The researchers found that prior positive ratings created a significant bias in individual rating behavior, and created herding effects. One of the researchers involved in the experiment stated; “We saw how these signals of social influence snowballed into behaviors like herding.”

The bandwagon effect is a phenomenon whereby the rate of uptake of beliefs, ideas, trends/fads increases the more that they have already been adopted by others. In other words, the bandwagon effect is characterized by the probability of individual adoption increasing with respect to the proportion who have already done so. As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence. The tendency to follow the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals directly prefer to conform.

Unfortunately, this phenomenon has historically proven to end very badly. The CIS Message Board is in the deep throes of a stampeding herd and at some point, many members will tire of the current mindnumbing negativity/hate and direct their time and energy to other online Canes information providers. This change has happened numerous times over the years where the go-to Canes message boards at the time wilted and died on the vine or shrunk to a shadow of their former selves with no hope of future growth due to the damage they suffered from the above-described activities.

History is a wonderful teacher, but those who choose to ignore it do so at their own risk.
Earnest T RainMan diving hard into some deep thought/investigative work here gents! I wonder if he still doesn’t know how much a candy bar costs. Lol all kidding aside holy **** is this guy an idiot. He must be from San Francisco, Portland or Seattle, must be! Long overdue ban coming for Earnest “the T stands for Troll” Bass. 🤣 see ya Ernie and I wouldn’t want to be ya!

09403C72-087E-4F75-B29E-59CDD4DF1914.jpeg

Last edited:
Imo Earnest shouldn’t be banned.

The people on here who constantly berate and personally insult any poster with a contrary opinion to ridiculous extremes suffocate conversation and do far more damage than that dude does.

I guarantee you there are a ton of guys out there who have opinions in the middle who don't post anything because the know the barrage of **** that hits anyone who does just makes it not worth it.

The few that do usually start of with "I know I'm going to get roasted for this".

That's the real shame here. IT's to the point where only the most obnoxious and obvious trolls are the only voices heard.

Advertisement

The people on here who constantly berate and personally insult any poster with a contrary opinion to ridiculous extremes suffocate conversation and do far more damage than that dude does.

I guarantee you there are a ton of guys out there who have opinions in the middle who don't post anything because the know the barrage of **** that hits anyone who does just makes it not worth it.

The few that do usually start of with "I know I'm going to get roasted for this".

That's the real shame here. IT's to the point where only the most obnoxious and obvious trolls are the only voices heard.
He spams the board with his nonstop drivel, derailing threads beyond comprehension. He came in here after a rough night battling RVA and tried to do the same thing and got clipped.

I know that 90% of the trolls banned have been Manny Haters but that’s also because 90% of the board hates Manny. I’m happy to show that trolls get taken out not over differences of opinions but for being annoying trolls. So yeah... I’m glad this slurper troll is gone. And yes, he does insult people too but this thread doesn’t ban for insults it bans for trolling.

He spams the board with his nonstop drivel, derailing threads beyond comprehension. He came in here after a rough night battling RVA and tried to do the same thing and got clipped.

I know that 90% of the trolls banned have been Manny Haters but that’s also because 90% of the board hates Manny. I’m happy to show that trolls get taken out not over differences of opinions but for being annoying trolls. So yeah... I’m glad this slurper is gone.

There are still a few more for the rest of you guys to commiserate with.

I don't know who he hates or doesn't hate. Didn't read anything he's posted the last few days. But there are a ton of what I would call professional contrarians on here who argue points just to argue them.

Imo they should just be ignored. I do it all the time.

Those kind of people are different the ones you've been banning.

Jmo.

I don't know who he hates or doesn't hate. Didn't read anything he's posted the last few days. But there are a ton of what I would call professional contrarians on here who argue points just to argue them.

Imo they should just be ignored. I do it all the time.

Those kind of people are different the ones you've been banning.

Jmo.
No there's not.

Advertisement

Like yours?

Advertisement
Back