Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
Found surface hunting at Construction site
View attachment 118988
When I was working in Sarasota 25 years ago the Contractor was excavating and installing large drainage pipe along Clarke rd US 70. The spoil from the digging was placed in piles along the trench. You don't notice much of anything in the piles but after a rain there are literally scores of sharks teeth and mastodon teeth...not huge like yours but old timers showed me the differences IIRC. I did find huge shark teeth as big as your hand..I do recall that. Pipe installation Excavation sites get a good cross section to look at earth layers..The deepest layer is on the top of the pile..

When I was working in Sarasota 25 years ago the Contractor was excavating and installing large drainage pipe along Clarke rd US 70. The spoil from the digging was placed in piles along the trench. You don't notice much of anything in the piles but after a rain there are literally scores of sharks teeth and mastodon teeth...not huge like yours but old timers showed me the differences IIRC. I did find huge shark teeth as big as your hand..I do recall that. Pipe installation Excavation sites get a good cross section to look at earth layers..The deepest layer is on the top of the pile..
I go to the Myakka River 2-3 times a yr...Good friend lives in Sarasota...I grew up only 45 mins away...

I found arrowheads in Cape Coral and Miami, but not a single one in Jupiter. And we had battles on the Seminole Wars.

Advertisement
What is crown jewel of collection??
The Large Blue Paleo Simpson in Pic (Chipola River 1998)
CAM00223.jpg

Advertisement

UM alum Jose Mas and his family own MasTec. Some of you amateur archaeologists should reach out to him and see if you can get first dibs on digging through the dirt after MasTec does a big job.

UM alum Jose Mas and his family own MasTec. Some of you amateur archaeologists should reach out to him and see if you can get first dibs on digging through the dirt after MasTec does a big job.
Maannn...Im friends with Superintendents of some of the largest Site Development companies in Central Fl.....One that does all of Lennar Homes (Stu Miller)...They give me heads up on a monthly basis...thats why I'm on the sites I am now....

Maannn...Im friends with Superintendents of some of the largest Site Development companies in Central Fl.....One that does all of Lennar Homes (Stu Miller)...They give me heads up on a monthly basis...thats why I'm on the sites I am now....

And the Millers are either UM alums or Friends of UM too.

Just giving guys another "in" via MasTec.

Advertisement
Sad story related to this. Many years ago, they discovered the remnants of the militia camp in Jupiter at the site of a DiVosta development. An injunction was issued until archaeologists could examine the site. Meanwhile, over the weekend, a heavy equipment operator working overtime "accidentally" bulldozed the entire area because he supposedly got the directions wrong.

Advertisement
I knew the Mas’s when they first started doing utility work for Bell South. They did a lot of relocation and utility repair for the big utility company’s. They’re everywhere now. Even up north

Advertisement
Back