Kiffen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kiffin was 28-15 at USC when he got fired. You know what Butch's record was at that same point at UM? 29-14

Glad you people weren't around then asking for UM to fire that "epic failure" and "total disaster" that Butch was by your standards.

So you will take a guy that is a proven failure as a HC.. Makes sense bro.

Failing as a coach doesnt mean your a bad coach. Theres a lot to learn about coaching schemes, philosophies, way to treat players, coaches, media etc. Pete Carroll failed, Bill Bellicheck failed. Saban failed at miami. You find a guy you think is a good coach. Its all about right fit, right coach for the right job.

I think Kiffen and Schiano are gonna have success somewhere. Schiano got a raw deal in Tampa because of the way he came off to NFL players and some of his antics. (ex. the dive at the oline on kneel down plays).

Last edited:
Kiffin did beat Chip Kelly once, in Oregon. The Lane Train went 1-2 against the 2015 NFL GM of The Year.

Just Say NO to Lane.

So you will take a guy that is a proven failure as a HC.. Makes sense bro.

Failing as a coach doesn't mean you're a bad coach. There's a lot to learn about coaching schemes, philosophies, way to treat players, coaches, media etc. Pete Carroll failed, Bill Belichick failed. Saban failed at miami. You find a guy you think is a good coach. It's all about right fit, right coach for the right job.

I think Kiffin and Schiano are gonna have success somewhere. Schiano got a raw deal in Tampa because of the way he came off to NFL players and some of his antics. (ex. the dive at the oline on kneel down plays).

You're a bad coach if you don't learn from your mistakes and are consistently beaten by teams of lesser talent.

I think Schiano and Kiffin will get another chance as HC. Both need to restart their careers at a MAC/AAC type program, and win enough for a few seasons to get a chance at a Power 5 program. I could also see Schiano at a school like Virginia or Maryland. Kiffin would a good choice for a school that tries to be competitive on offense, like Duke once Cutcliffe retires. Succeed there and then get an opportunity to win with a better roster.

Assuming they are both over being jerks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back