Kids not qualifying and kicked off is killing our depth

5Ringz

Thunderdome
Non qualifiers

Derrick Griffin -WR (Should be on the field yesterday. Our very own faster Kelvin Benjamin)
Ryheem Locksley - Safety (6'2" 220lbs 4.56 forty wish we had him as an option this year)
Kevin Grroms -RB (ballin at Marshall)
Angelo LouJean Louis - WR (was the best WR in Florida hands down. Now gonna ball for Marshall)
Devonte Bond -DE (best rush end in Juco)
Antonio Kinard -LB (depth)

And now for the dumbasses

Thomas Finnie - CB (played often and early. Was a scrappy CB. Would've developed nicely)
Gionni Paul -LB (Meh. Special teams he was pretty good. Would rather have him on punt returns than one of our starters tho)
Storm Johnson -RB (FML this kid is a beast. Stupid kid who seems to have tunred the corner mentally and matured)
Eddie Johnson LB - :)mad:All ACC LBer. GODDAMMIT!!!)
Rob Lockhart - WR (MORON for leaving. Could've been playing right now. Or at least could've moved to safety where we all thought he looked better)
Gabe Terry - LB (SMFH. Kid looked like he could've been a stud. Special teams nightmares usually turn out to be studs.)

That's a lot of players at major positions of need right now. Its no secret as to why we are lacking depth. I understand that Golden had to lay the law under invesigations and I know you can't control a kid when it comes to him meeting requirements. But Golden has to do a better job at least at making sure he is targeting kids that qualify and if not having a Plan A kid just in case. No more Plan B's for non qualifiers. And the Goons need to be given a longer leash now. Look and Urban and Saban. They suspend for a half then let the kid loose.

Hopefully Golden can rest easy now.

Advertisement
Defense looks a lot different this year with Eddie out there.

Eddie + Finnie + Terry

All 3 would've seen some burn. Antonion Crawford looks legit but we could've eased him in had we had Finnie.

EJ would've kept Cornelius off the field.

Derrick Griffin on this team and Miami's offense goes to elite status immediately

Storm Johnson and Robert Lockhart were crucial losses.... Storm would have our running back talent where it needs to be.

even Jontavious Carter not being on the team hurt Miami's offense this season w/ all the injuries.

Angelo Louis could've been an elite safety here.... Ryheem Lockley is an offensive player imo.

and yes all those Defensive misses destroyed the depth.... Bond, Eddie, Terry. Now Miami has Tyrone Cornelius starting smh.

Advertisement
I think there are only 3 guys from that list who make a significant difference this year: Grooms, Storm, EJ.

Non qualifiers

Derrick Griffin -WR (Should be on the field yesterday. Our very own faster Kelvin Benjamin)
Ryheem Locksley - Safety (6'2" 220lbs 4.56 forty wish we had him as an option this year)
Kevin Grroms -RB (ballin at Marshall)
Angelo LouJean Louis - WR (was the best WR in Florida hands down. Now gonna ball for Marshall)
Devonte Bond -DE (best rush end in Juco)
Antonio Kinard -LB (depth)

And now for the dumbasses

Thomas Finnie - CB (played often and early. Was a scrappy CB. Would've developed nicely)
Gionni Paul -LB (Meh. Special teams he was pretty good. Would rather have him on punt returns than one of our starters tho)
Storm Johnson -RB (FML this kid is a beast. Stupid kid who seems to have tunred the corner mentally and matured)
Eddie Johnson LB - :)mad:All ACC LBer. GODDAMMIT!!!)
Rob Lockhart - WR (MORON for leaving. Could've been playing right now. Or at least could've moved to safety where we all thought he looked better)
Gabe Terry - LB (SMFH. Kid looked like he could've been a stud. Special teams nightmares usually turn out to be studs.)

That's a lot of players at major positions of need right now. Its no secret as to why we are lacking depth. I understand that Golden had to lay the law under invesigations and I know you can't control a kid when it comes to him meeting requirements. But Golden has to do a better job at least at making sure he is targeting kids that qualify and if not having a Plan A kid just in case. No more Plan B's for non qualifiers. And the Goons need to be given a longer leash now. Look and Urban and Saban. They suspend for a half then let the kid loose.

Hopefully Golden can rest easy now.

****, when you see all the could-have-beens and never-were's laid out there like that it's actually quite depressing. Thanks.

Advertisement
I think there are only 3 guys from that list who make a significant difference this year: Grooms, Storm, EJ.

what?

Derrick Griffin would've made an immediate impact quicker then Stacy Coley imo

Devante Bond, Robert Lockhart, Gabe Terry, Angelo Louis, and Gionni Paul wouldve made some type of impact for this team this year.

Advertisement

You're kidding if you don't think AJL doesn't come in at safety And ball out.

We have Highsmith playing there. Think about that.

Also Devante Bond would have added to pass rush big time

Possibly Bond if he was good at rushing the QB.

The answer to the depth problem is not more freshman this year.

Advertisement

Possibly Bond if he was good at rushing the QB.

The answer to the depth problem is not more freshman this year.

He would also have to be great in the running game as well. AQM is boss at rushing the QB, but gets little to no playing time because it seems he can't do both.

McCord as well

AQM's gotta be a bit more disciplined with his rush lanes. Had two sacks early on and missed both.

what?

Derrick Griffin would've made an immediate impact quicker then Stacy Coley imo

Devante Bond, Robert Lockhart, Gabe Terry, Angelo Louis, and Gionni Paul wouldve made some type of impact for this team this year.

I disagree on Griffin. With what we're doing right now, I don't think Bond makes a significant difference. Lockhart would be helpful, but again, not a significant difference. Gabe Terry would help on specials. No idea about Louis. Paul wouldn't make a significant difference from Gaines, IMO.

Impossible to know if I'm right or wrong. Just my take.

You're kidding if you don't think AJL doesn't come in at safety And ball out.

We have Highsmith playing there. Think about that.

Also Devante Bond would have added to pass rush big time

Now AJL was gonna be a star Safety? We're guessing, Ringz. The guy was coming in as a WR. I don't know if he's making much of a difference beyond what we're getting.

Advertisement
Back