Kickers Get Over Looked, But This Commit Has A Major Leg

Advertisement
Just give me a kicker who can put the ball in the endzone on every kickoff....

Advertisement
Looks like he has a good enough build to serve as a Safety in kickoff coverage. I'm excited about this kid.

Advertisement
Forgive me, I'm late to the party. This guy is coming to play for my favorite football team, the Miami Hurricanes?

did he commit or is he another preferred walk on

Assuming you understand that a walk on can commit too...right?

uh yea...I am I just don't understand why Al refuses to recruit a kicker...Like I am confused
the one we have is kinda suspect...Kickers do = points and better field advantage...I don't get that...

but what do I know

Obviously we DID recruit this kid with a monster leg and get him to commit...and not even on scholarship.

Advertisement
This is awesome, but to kill the buzz...the wind was pretty heavy at his back, and there's no rush. But yeah kickers are always needed and always under appreciated.

At least we know he can be a weapon on kickoffs

Oh yeah, absolutely. No doubting he has a big leg.

Talk about control AND power. On the long kicks the left to right movement indicates he gauges the wind circumstance well. The shorter kicks were dead on straight. He's kicking off the ground already, so he's ahead of the HS kicker scenario adjusting to it from a tee. The ball has high take off, virtually impossible to get blocked.

His KO's should be zero runback, yet if we want a return (hit/turnover) it will be so high the ST psychos will be licking their chops. This kid is a huge get.

This is awesome, but to kill the buzz...the wind was pretty heavy at his back, and there's no rush. But yeah kickers are always needed and always under appreciated.

Talk about control AND power. On the long kicks the left to right movement indicates he gauges the wind circumstance well. The shorter kicks were dead on straight. He's kicking off the ground already, so he's ahead of the HS kicker scenario adjusting to it from a tee. The ball has high take off, virtually impossible to get blocked.

His KO's should be zero runback, yet if we want a return (hit/turnover) it will be so high the ST psychos will be licking their chops. This kid is a huge get.

In high school our kicking coach was Shane Graham, our kicker went on to be an all-American punter in college. He kicked off the ground as well, and could drill them like this kid does all day long in practice. However, in college with the big stage, and the speed of the rushers. He completely crumbled as a place-kicker. That's all I'm saying. It's obvious he's physically gifted, but let's just see how he responds to live action. I agree though with your point on kickoffs.

Advertisement
Why aren't there any stats on how he did in high-school?

I'm assuming they aren't that great if we can't find any.

In high school our kicking coach was Shane Graham, our kicker went on to be an all-American punter in college. He kicked off the ground as well, and could drill them like this kid does all day long in practice. However, in college with the big stage, and the speed of the rushers. He completely crumbled as a place-kicker. That's all I'm saying. It's obvious he's physically gifted, but let's just see how he responds to live action. I agree though with your point on kickoffs.

Agreed, it's all about game performance. Hope he's for real though.

Advertisement
Back