Keyshawn Smith Article

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
https://247sports.com/college/miami...till-flew-under-radar-as-a-recruit-149609724/

Coach talks about how he flew under the radar even though he was smoking 4 & 5* recruits at camps.

Scored TD’s receiving, rushing, throwing and returning.

Canes were his dream school. When coach told them we may come in the picture that he would commit on the spot.

Only played WR for 2 seasons. He’s improved in so many ways.

He’s super competitive and wants to be the best. Willing to put in the work.

UM coaches watched a play where he was QB and cut back against the grain for 75-80yd TD run and saw elite traits.

I really like the attitude and work ethic the 20’ class seems to have come in with. This guy may have the highest upside of the 4 Freshmen WR‘s.

Advertisement
For sure K Smith seems to have been under-rated. I think 247 gave him a 4th star at the very end there. But he looks like he needs a year or two to develop before he sees significant snaps, which is why I think his ratings suffered. Athletic wise, the kid has some skills.

p.s., I'm all in on Redding. I think he'll be our Alpha on the field.

Advertisement
What I like about signees is that all that star BS that fans like goes out the door when practice starts. If a 3* is better than a 4*/5* it will be clearly recognized by the coaches. Doesn't matter if some internet fan site junkie believes it will be 2 years before a kid sees the field with zero insight to base that opinion on.

This kid will absolutely be in the top 5 WR rotation this season. I hope Pope and Payton are ready to play some ball this year because if competition for PT will be fierce. This Smith kid and the Redding kid are absolutely gunning for those WR3-WR5 spots. Only spots you can count as somewhat solidified IMO are Wiggins-Harley spots because they proved it last year in the Enos offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
https://247sports.com/college/miami...till-flew-under-radar-as-a-recruit-149609724/

Coach talks about how he flew under the radar even though he was smoking 4 & 5* recruits at camps.

Canes were his dream school. When coach told them we may come in the picture that he would commit on the spot.

UM coaches watched a play where he was QB and cut back against the grain for 75-80yd TD run and saw elite traits.

I really like the attitude and work ethic the 20’ class seems to have come in with. This guy may have the highest upside of the 4 Freshmen WR‘s.

I was pumped about this kid, and even our fans didn’t get too excited. This dude is a baller, and in Lashlee system, and I really hate doing this, but he has Emmanuel Sanders type ability. Not super flashy, but just a dog who think he’s better than you. Quick af. Track guy

Heard he was dropping a lot of balls in spring before covid , hopefully he fix that , I can definitely see him making an impact in year 2

Advertisement
What I like about signees is that all that star BS that fans like goes out the door when practice starts. If a 3* is better than a 4*/5* it will be clearly recognized by the coaches. Doesn't matter if some internet fan site junkie believes it will be 2 years before a kid sees the field with zero insight to base that opinion on.

ROFL, these nerd recruiting sites continue desparately to try and be relevant everyday with that "star system" bullshat, what is this, elementary, "you get a star". Thank you sir:

Advertisement
Back