Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
It’s their not there.

PS. I own you.
Nope! The only thing you own is your slurper brigade and what used to be your reputation on here, that is until you came out of the closet as the Hecht center bootlicking mole maricon that you are! Lmao

Advertisement
My question is to say they have wasted alot of time and they to say you dont know what's going on behind the scenes your basically saying they're wasting time then your saying you dont know for sure. Let's both do this. Let's wait and see how we finish after this season is completely over. I'm pretty sure we hit the portal and juco.
I honestly have no idea what you are even talking about and I don’t think you do either. We generally do know the current board and offers through social media and reports. We have seen new offers get tossed out or new names get brought on OVs as guys commit elsewhere. It is not behind the scenes at a certain point, and these guys are being recruited for a few months as opposed to multiple years.

And that is the problem. JUCO we should have always been hitting harder, but focusing on the portal is extremely risky for non-grad transfer guys. Making decisions on recruit’s personalities and cultural fits because you are not recruiting them longer is putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage.

We have a **** culture on this team - soft, guys quit midseason, guys come back midseason, they play down to competition, lack of focus after bye weeks, and I can go on and on. Guys, generally speaking, are not going to leave a team when things are going well. Recruiting guys for a month or two at the end and plugging holes with guys who quit elsewhere do not exactly seem like the best ways to fix that problem.

Clearly you think Manny as a recruiter has been good and will continue to be. I vehemently disagree based off of our current roster and past results.

Did he sit out this year or did he play? Yeah he had hip surgery but he's a **** good talent and non of this is guaranteed. It's hard work coming back from hip surgery that's a major plus to contribute to his work ethic

I agree it’s hard work coming back from that type of surgery; but that would scare a lot of programs off. But his production fell off precipitously from his Sophomore/Junior yrs compared to his Sr year, by more than 50%. I’m just giving context as to y it was no big deal for Bama to let him walk away. He’s in their back yard, so it should give pause to y they stopped contacting him as frequently.

Advertisement
I agree it’s hard work coming back from that type of surgery; but that would scare a lot of programs off. But his production fell off precipitously from his Sophomore/Junior yrs compared to his Sr year, by more than 50%. I’m just giving context as to y it was no big deal for Bama to let him walk away. He’s in their back yard, so it should give pause to y they stopped contacting him as frequently.

He will come in and red shirt. He's quality Recruiting is a crap shoot no matter what.

Advertisement
I honestly have no idea what you are even talking about and I don’t think you do either. We generally do know the current board and offers through social media and reports. We have seen new offers get tossed out or new names get brought on OVs as guys commit elsewhere. It is not behind the scenes at a certain point, and these guys are being recruited for a few months as opposed to multiple years.

And that is the problem. JUCO we should have always been hitting harder, but focusing on the portal is extremely risky for non-grad transfer guys. Making decisions on recruit’s personalities and cultural fits because you are not recruiting them longer is putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage.

We have a **** culture on this team - soft, guys quit midseason, guys come back midseason, they play down to competition, lack of focus after bye weeks, and I can go on and on. Guys, generally speaking, are not going to leave a team when things are going well. Recruiting guys for a month or two at the end and plugging holes with guys who quit elsewhere do not exactly seem like the best ways to fix that problem.

Clearly you think Manny as a recruiter has been good and will continue to be. I vehemently disagree based off of our current roster and past results.

I'm watching the Bills vs Steelers so I'm not spell checking. I'm excited about this class lots of players who will make difference and lots of depth as well. Until recruiting for 2020 is over neither one of us know who we add additionally to what we have now

Advertisement
1576464379750.png

You clearly are hellbent on defending this **** show, so it is useless. However, point by point:

1) No one said that. Again, you recruit the guy AND YOU RECRUIT OTHER OPTIONS IN CASE HE SAYS NO. However, Greene aside, this defensive staff has continually shown an inability to accurately read recruits. Not sure how much more proof you need.
2) You are right, we don’t have Diaz or Patke on record saying that is the reason why, but you really do not need much in the way of common sense to put that puzzle together. Machado was scheduled, Greene decommitted, staff thought they had him locked up, cancelled Machado, and is now trying to circle back around.
3) Hyppolite is not the only other linebacker recruit in the tri county area or country, just an east and convenient example.
4) I think you are confusing identifying/evaluating/offering with accepting commitments too early.
5) The past keeps repeating itself. It is also not the past, but rather the present of the roster. Diaz and his defensive staff’s recruiting of LB and CB over the last three years is why we had to play a walk on at LB this year and why we could not bench Ivey. It is also why both of these positions are at critical need this signing period. And yet we are seeing the same mistakes continue this year.
6) The class is solid at DL, RB, WR, and S. It is abysmal at CB, LB, and the OL. QB is obviously entirely reliant on how Van Dyke develops. Incidentally, those three positions are our most critical needs because of the last three recruiting cycles. I am not sure who you think is coming to continue to improve this class because we have an incredibly small board, have shown past propensities to not close at positions, and now have a 6-6 record to recruit against. I’m sure you will point to Christian Williams as an example, but we need two of him at CB, another one at LB, and three at OL. That is a LOT to pull out of thin air for any staff.
3) I agree, plenty of LBs that are good in the tri county. One example is Khaya Wright commited to gt, ge is an athletic specimen and UM should have been recruiting him.

Advertisement
Back