Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
So I'm confused if he cant recruit how do we have 20+ verbal commits currently? How does that **** happen but he cant recruit? Last three verbal are 4* recruits
This program recruits at a decent level no matter who is here, because of where it is, and its history. Coker had highly rated classes. He was a **** recruiter and evaluator, but inherited momentum and brand. Shannon had one very highly rated class. Golden had a top 10 class. Richt had a top 10 class. This is manny’s ‘honeymoon’ first class. Tell yourself whatever narrative you want about him and it. His recruiting looks pretty weak to me and I was saying so before he got hired as HC. Hickson can recruit. Enos got a QB. Rivers and Chantz were high on UM for years. But we are not winning nearly enough of the battles for the top local kids, not this year, and not recently.

At some point you have to realize these are 17-18 kids who change there mind 10x or more a day and everything that happens in this program is not the coaches fault. I'm from Kansas City Missouri. UM is my favorite college team if I was a bigtime recruit and let's say the University of Missouri recruited me for years and I decided to attend Miami instead does that mean the Missouri coaches suck? ***c no it means I wanted to live my life and go where I wanted.
So Greene was lifetime lover of Nebraska? ...

makes sense.

Advertisement
Not unbelievable when you consider who ‘they’ are.
Yea I get it but it's so....,....I don't even have words. And funny af that the fans (who are pretty smart here) ate the **** up. When he got hired I was so angry they blew it..,...it went from the happiest day to be a cane in a long time to the saddest 8 hours later.

You’re confused. There are so many scholarships available esch year, and so many kids worthy. Plenty of schools without ‘bags‘ fill their rosters. Butch just beat our **** with a bunch of 2* kids. Yes here we are, once again, watching a staff prioritize an out of area kid who was unlikely from the start, who most of this board knew was unlikely, over other options we should have prioritized. And the results are typical and predictable. It’s like every coach we have had for 2 decades behaves like a dork who thinks he’s going to get laid because a pretty girl smiled at him.
25 scollies available each cycle..right now we have 20 worthy kids committed..FIU is not better then us..it would be like app state was better then Michigan..I get it tho they beat us so now in fans minds that’s the case. I get what your saying..but if your implication is we should just recruit Broward, Dade and palm beach and use out of area kids as the plan c’s and d’s. Or just stop recruiting kids who seen to have moved ..then I disagree wholeheartedly there. We would’ve missed on Knighton and Redding If we had done that. We wouldn’t have van dyke or TAC..The Greene situation is outrageously hilarious to me because 90 percent of CIS and other more credible sites thought he was Miami’s to have unless he went back to FSU..and the kid chose Bre$ka 🤣

Advertisement
Any coaching staff with a pulse and half a brain can recruit Miami to a top 25 class just because of the location and local recruits.

Greene was a pipe dream more so than Flowe.

The offensive line recruiting and development is really what is going to destroy this team going forward. This class should have been 2-4 4 star potential left tackles and instead it’s a developmental tackle and a great player in Rivers who is a right tackle which we all know means he might start out or end up at guard.

Advertisement
Instead of giving an extension how about you let him fix what needs to be fixed and if he doesn't we move on
We are here discussing our views. Neither you nor I decide who fixes this. But we can discuss what’s wrong, and why, and what we see and expect. My view is he is part of the problem, shouldn’t have been hired, was hired in a disastrously incompetent process, isn’t a good recruiter, and is a superficial hype and talk driven self-promoter rathen than a serious culture and resuls coach. If your view is just close your eyes and hope until he’s fired and replaced, not sure why you’re bothering to porst.

Advertisement
We are here discussing our views. Neither you nor I decide who fixes this. But we can discuss what’s wrong, and why, and what we see and expect. My view is he is part of the problem, shouldn’t have been hired, was hired in a disastrously incompetent process, isn’t a good recruiter, and is a superficial hype and talk driven self-promoter rathen than a serious culture and resuls coach. If your view is just close your eyes and hope until he’s fired and replaced, not sure why you’re bothering to porst.
Right. We have over 20 recruits committed currently and they're legit but he cant recruit lol. Ok.

So he's Al Golden but a way worse recruiter and Golden wasn't that good

Advertisement
Back