Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Advertisement
Take Hyppolite right now. Make him your 4th LB recruit. Who cares if you have Flowe or Greene ahead of him? They aren't ready to pull the trigger.

If Flowe (pipe dream) or Greene (at least a coin flip) want in later, that's great news. Drop Mathis (the staff seems to like Flagg more) and take Flowe or Greene.
If Flowe and Greene both want in later (wet dream situation), that's amazing (and shocking) news. Drop Mathis and Flagg, and pull the double upgrade at LB.

It's an even easier call in this situation because Flagg isn't local (so any backlash for dropping him will be much less than usual) and Mathis goes to Largo (in state, but not local and not exactly a factory for producing P5 college football recruits). This staff likes to take good recruiting positions with simple solutions (i.e., having multiple recruiting options at the position), overthink and complicate the issue, and then ultimately fvck it up entirely.

Y’all keep going on about Hyppolite, ignoring that Joe said he hasn’t been really focusing on recruiting and that things will pick up soon

Based on past history, none of the current staff are good recruiters, let alone somebody considered to be a closer.

I hope they all prove me wrong, but Jesus Christ, it’s scary to think of if you put this same staff at NC State or VaTech how bad they would be at recruiting.

Advertisement
Based on past history, none of the current staff are good recruiters, let alone somebody considered to be a closer.

I hope they all prove me wrong, but Jesus Christ, it’s scary to think of if you put this same staff at NC State or VaTech how bad they would be at recruiting.
No one on the offensive staff has any experience what so ever recruiting blue chip prospects. I don't think any of them have ever had contact with a four star recruit. Mix that in with Stroud and Patke who also have no experience recruiting the big dogs, it's one of the worst power 5 recruiting staffs in the country.. on paper. We will see how it turns out.

Hyppolite is the easy take I just don't get why they don't go all in get him in the class. Then work your magic with Greene and Flowe that's like icing on the cake. If I were HC I would cut ties with Flagg but they love that kid so it ain't happening.
If they fail to get either Hyppolite or Greene they are garbage at recruiting....which we already know they aren't good at it. But this is a breakaway layup......this is like kicking a soccer ball into the goal without a goalie.
I don’t get how this is a layup like what are you talking about. Greene is from an area that literally hates Miami. Growing up everyone around him hated the U. He’s probably a tougher pull than flowe. Hyppolite I just don’t know how bad they want him. Like it seems that there’s a lot of teams keeping tabs on him but no one is swooping in for the kill. Makes me wonder what’s up with him.

I don’t get how this is a layup like what are you talking about. Greene is from an area that literally hates Miami. Growing up everyone around him hated the U. He’s probably a tougher pull than flowe. Hyppolite I just don’t know how bad they want him. Like it seems that there’s a lot of teams keeping tabs on him but no one is swooping in for the kill. Makes me wonder what’s up with him.
Hyppo is the layup and is a great prospect

Advertisement
In case yall missed it @Stefan Adams confirmed Greene is coming in DEC 13th for his OV

Could be huge:

December 16, 2019 – January 16, 2020
This is a dead period, except for the seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to prospective student athletes who intend to enroll midyear) is a quiet period

Could be huge:

December 16, 2019 – January 16, 2020
This is a dead period, except for the seven days immediately before the first day of classes of the institution’s second academic term that are not part of the contact period (applicable only to prospective student athletes who intend to enroll midyear) is a quiet period
yup and the first signing day is dec 18th

Advertisement
Advertisement
No one on the offensive staff has any experience what so ever recruiting blue chip prospects. I don't think any of them have ever had contact with a four star recruit. Mix that in with Stroud and Patke who also have no experience recruiting the big dogs, it's one of the worst power 5 recruiting staffs in the country.. on paper. We will see how it turns out.
You forgot about the TE Corch

I would take commitments from both Keyshawn Greene and Ruben Hyppppollllitteeee and do it with no hesitation. I wouldn't drop another linebacker for them either.

Our linebackers that will play the next two years have not shown to be all that great. The LB Room could use legitimate players and not just one.

If they can't fit Greene AND Hyppolite, then they suck at math.

You forgot about the TE Corch

fields is a good recruiter, but its very diff to recruit the kids you want to without bags. he had that at oregon. doesnt here. dont expect big time recruiters to be the same here if the situations arent the same. its why coley struggled to recruit the same kids hed knock out of the park at FSU and at UGA. hes a good recruiter, but iwthiout bags, youre going to lose those kids.

Advertisement
Back