Keyshawn Greene commits to Nebraksa

Why is Odell such a bad hire in most of your eyes? Because he’s not a big name splash hire? I don’t know much about him so I’m genuinely curious to hear from someone.

Why is it bad for a team that is about to finish with 11 regular season wins in 2 seasons to hire someone who has only been a DL coach for their entire life as their HC? Their problems are far too deep to take a risk like this and this would simply mean they fvcked up yet again. I promise you this is not what they had in mind when they fired Willie mid-season. They could save some money and bring in a good staff but what good coordinators are going to come work for Odell? It isn't like he has some magnificent rolodex, he has been at FSU his whole life. They probably keep Briles to run the offense and Leavitt to run the defense. 2 coaches that are already apart of the **** storm currently taking place in Tallahassee. He is a **** good assistant coach, seems like a stand up dude and an A+ recruiter but the HC on a team that is absolutely poisoned like FSU is right now? We can only dream.

Advertisement
Why is Odell such a bad hire in most of your eyes? Because he’s not a big name splash hire? I don’t know much about him so I’m genuinely curious to hear from someone.

IF hes hired you will hear Ed Orgeron comparisons being thrown around. Don't be fooled. Ed O was a HC at 2 previous stops and was successful for the most part at USC. He flamed out at Ole Miss. People will try to duplicate that formula. Bring in a hard nosed, HC that the players like and respect, who can recruit and surround him with the best staff money can buy and watch the wins pile in. If hes hired, lets see how that all works out..LOL.

IF hes hired you will hear Ed Orgeron comparisons being thrown around. Don't be fooled. Ed O was a HC at 2 previous stops and was successful for the most part at USC. He flamed out at Ole Miss. People will try to duplicate that formula. Bring in a hard nosed, HC that the players like and respect, who can recruit and surround him with the best staff money can buy and watch the wins pile in. If hes hired, lets see how that all works out..LOL.
Already hearing that from my buddies who are Noles boosters. And I’m trying to stoke the fire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kentucky will be finding a new coach after the season ends. It’s a good choice but not the splash hire they wanted. It’s a Mullins imho I always hope that uf & fsu hire coaches good enough to win 9 games but nothing more. Lol Mullins is my dream come true for uf. A weird egotistical jackass and bad recruiter. Parents and most kids hate him. He’s a good coach 🤷‍♂️ But there’s nothing more in his future than what we’re seeing right now. Stoops will a very good 9 win guy at fsu. **** them both
For this []_[] National Championships or bust.

#facts only winning lands him some of these recruits, and that will slow down a bit if he drops a couple more

Advertisement
FSU seems to be having miami problems from a few years back.
They’ve recently been relevant and wonder why their stable of elite recruits isn’t working out. They’re reminiscing about the good ole days and the closest thing to that is Odell. The players know him from all the times he’s visited them and the older players before that. Everybody in the city loves him as well as former players. Think of him as their version of butch or randy but without the all time best team. He’s everyone’s old uncle that you can’t wait to see at family bbq and the one you do t want to let down and the one you know has your back.
Emotional hires rarely workout. But anything is possible. But FSU might not be able to sustain a fck up hire. They have the university of Miami as an example of what happens when you hire 2 back to back bad coaches. But there is probably so much pressure from the players and boosters and the community to hire Odell that they might just go with it. And let’s not forget that hiring another black coach may squash all that racism talk that still lingers after taggart. The extension of frost at Nebraska with the same results as taggart isn’t a good look either for those that want to follow that narrative.
If Odell keeps it close against the gators or even wins there is no way the don’t hire him. But having players play with passion for one game is easy. Even golden almost pulled off some games against the noles. Unfortunately that sht led to an extension and likely what will happen with Odell.

Advertisement
Exactly
Our media does us no favors because we kiss & tell. If that kid visits, we can flip him. I do think Odell will be retrained regardless of if he is hired as HC or not. No coach is going to let him go, too valuable on the field and trail. But, we can still get em IMO because Woodie probable won’t be kept.

Wasn't Odell going to retire? I'm I remembering tgar wrong?
If he was going to retire I think he would only stay as HC

Even if Odell is not promoted there is a good chance that however they hire will make it priority #1 to retain Odell, making it very unlikely we land this kid. Assuming Odell agrees to stay, he will have no problem convincing this kid to be a part of their class. It’s clear he really wants to be a Nole.

Kid is not an EE and at they will convince him to wait until Feb to sign. We can’t afford to wait until then, we need to give Hyppolite the green light and hope it’s not to late. Hopefully that will put some pressure on him to sign on ESD.

Advertisement
Back