Keys To Victory For The Rest Of The Season

nikkoum

THE Avatar
Its the little things...

Set good solid picks at the top. Right now they look pointless if you let the defending guard go right through and chase you around and over the top.

Identify that defenses have figured somethings out about you. They double our bigs almost instantly. Opposite side wingman should be killing it off this. We started to do it for a second against wake but then it was really too late.

Start strong. Come out tough.

Free throws. I wouldnt mind seeing us hit another 5-10% from the line. Somewhere in the seventies.

A true leader of the team has to step up. Probably Larkin?? A vocal on court leader. Someone who will calm everyone down and direct things on the floor.

Lastly and I think most importantly. Play within yourselves. Especially Scott. All the success has really translated into these guys thinking its a bit more like a video game. Once the defense has figured you out and stops letting you run you have to have PATIENCE. This team needs to understand that they cant just run in and throw **** up or take off balance shots.

Advertisement
Good post

Top 5

1. Get back the hunger, get back the energy and effort.

2. Gamble stop dribbling and stay down low, this is really more of establishing the low post presence more.

3. 3PT Shots need to start falling, need to get back to hitting a higher % of shots.

4. Scott and Larkin, need to get the offense flowing again.

5. Free Throw % (most important) must get better

Solid pitching is going to continue to be the key, along with good defense. We don't need to score 10 runs per game. Just continue to stay ahead of hitters and make the routine plays.

Its the little things...

Set good solid picks at the top. Right now they look pointless if you let the defending guard go right through and chase you around and over the top.

Identify that defenses have figured somethings out about you. They double our bigs almost instantly. Opposite side wingman should be killing it off this. We started to do it for a second against wake but then it was really too late.

Free throws. I wouldnt mind seeing us hit another 5-10% from the line. Somewhere in the seventies.

A true leader of the team has to step up. Probably Larkin?? A vocal on court leader. Someone who will calm everyone down and direct things on the floor.

Lastly and I think most importantly. Play within yourselves. Especially Scott. All the success has really translated into these guys thinking its a bit more like a video game. Once the defense has figured you out and stops letting you run you have to have PATIENCE. This team needs to understand that they cant just run in and throw **** up or take off balance shots.

Good post -- I agree with all of your keys. Would also like to add a final key: don't get distracted by your avatar! It's harder to do than it looks, haha. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, of course.)

Advertisement
Its the little things...

Good post -- I agree with all of your keys. Would also like to add a final key: don't get distracted by your avatar! It's harder to do than it looks, haha. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, of course.)

Dammit....just spent 20 minutes looking at his avatar

I would love to see some better defensive rebounding. I think our players get in bad position and this leads to teams being able to tip the ball out, or pick up easy rebounds.

Advertisement
Back