Keys to success against UNC?

Defensively do what we've been doing, make them earn every yard running when they run the ball and get after the qb. We have to limit yards after catch when they throw short. Getting to the qb might be difficult with their short passing game.

Offensively we have to find an identity. Kaaya must be on point and accurate or it will be another long game. The line must get good push on running plays and protect Kaaya on passing plays. Good news is UNC's defensive line isn't as talented as FSU's.

Advertisement
If Miami can't score 30+ then we lose. The D will play good enough to win.

Going to try to shift gears into talking real football for a minute. Curious to see what you guys think the Canes should do to win this game.

For me, it starts with controlling the clock with a run-heavy (60-40, 70-30) system so we can keep their offense off the field and their trash defense on it. UNC's run defense is one of the worst in the P5 and we should be able to get a push regardless of the o-line situation.

Running the ball heavy should open up the play-action game for Kaaya to hit his playmakers deep.

As for defense, I would like to see much of the same. Coach Diaz is letting the dogs loose on the QB and if they effectively get to Trubisky, it'll be a long day for him.

So, in essence:
1. Control the clock and keep Trubisky and Switzer on ice
2. Open up the play action game after some run-heavy play calling
3. Put Trubisky on his *** when he's on the field

What say you?

It's up to the OL. If they have another bad game, there goes your entire game plan

Yeah, I like the idea but it remains to be seen if this OL can do that. We'll get some long runs, the question is can we line up and get 4 yds when we want/need to? I'm not filled with confidence.

Advertisement
Back