Keys to Beating UNC

donnybrah

Redshirt Freshman
1 - Contain the Quarterback to within the constraints of the pocket.

Now, hear me out. Miami hasn't been very good at stopping mobile QB's this year. Deshaun Watson ran all over them and Everett Golson was a huge decoy for Dalvin Cook's big night, on a few of those option plays. Marquise Williams isn't going to kill you in the pass game unless you leave him wide open receivers. He's a primarily checkdown passer who gets big plays off of YAC runs. The key to this game is getting pressure on the QB. He's not the smartest passer under pressure and he fumbles the ball a ton. Pressure him, and don't let him run out of the pocket. That's the major key to a win.

2 - Score first. Score often.

Miami is 6-1 when scoring first, so I feel like it's 100% necessary for Miami to score first. Let's just be honest here, who really thinks this is going to be a low scoring game? UNC has a talented defense, but it's going to be tough to see how they stop what might be the offense with the most weapons in the ACC. Less runs up the middle, more outside pull runs with tight ends coming over to block. More deep throws, less screens. Break out the offense and use the entire width of the field to be successful.

3 - Remember the past.

Last year, Miami had 295 rushing yards, 199 passing yards. Replicate last year's offensive performance. Don't tell me this is a different UNC team. Majority of the players are the same **** guys on the field from last year. And Miami thrashed UNC's defense last year and frankly made their offense look pathetic. Marquise Williams had a QBR of 10, and he averaged .6 YPC on 14 carries. Go out there and let all the negative comments off your shoulders and play with intensity and passion. Know you're the underdog and feed off of that. Last year, UNC played some talented teams, losing to ECU(lol they gave up 70 to ECU wtf), Clemson, VT, ND, NC State, and Miami. This year, they've played dog ****. The ACC teams they've played are middle of the line teams, and they haven't faced any good non-ACC teams, only Illinois, South Carolina(loss), and NC A&T(lmao this is worse than Bethune Cookman).

My prediction:

Defense will step up this game, causing three turnovers and forcing UNC into a hole early to start the game. Miami will capitalize on these turnovers and end up with 14 or more turnover points in the game.

Miami 38 - 27 UNC

Advertisement
Gonna be tough to beat a good spread team on the road when the coaches ask guys like Trent Harris and Tyriq McCord to chase receivers from sideline to sideline.

Advertisement
Did you forget who's the DC for Miami? I hope you're right though..

The fact is they are so **** talented out there and there's so much skill that it should outweigh that moron's inability to coach good players.

But it hasn't

The defense has played fine vs every Coastal team this far, why not this one too?

Sigh.. Fine

l_l GOTTA BELIEVE!

[/QUOTE]The defense has played fine vs every Coastal team this far, why not this one too?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why not this one?

If you need any more reason to feel bad about the canes, just hang around here awhile. Its a "Negative Nancy" fest.

Advertisement
run the ball. shorten the game. Keep their offense off the field. pretty simple.

keep doritos D off the field.

It's gonna suck if we go undefeated in the coastal but still lose because nobody else plays FSU and Clemson. But then again, we won't have to play Clemson again

Advertisement
I would say the fullbacks get a few carries today. Unc soft inside and we have been running a fullback set a lot more with coach Scott. Batten and Tucker could cause some damage.

The defense has played fine vs every Coastal team this far, why not this one too?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why not this one?

If you need any more reason to feel bad about the canes, just hang around here awhile. Its a "Negative Nancy" fest.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Cause some of us are realistic. So far things don't look so good, do they?

The Key was to hire Gene Chizik when he was available....We're playing the same guys we rumped last year but the coaching--Unlike Miami--has changed....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back