Key Factors to the Louisville game

tumblr_m60in3m76g1rz9h5po1_500.gif

One of these days, we'll start (once again) giving the TuTu Atwells of the world a look as ATH.

Advertisement
On offense we should have a huge advantage vs Louisville, they are legit the worst Defense we'll play this season.

- Louisville is ranked 101st in Total Defense, 106th in Pass Defense (89th in Pass Defense efficiency), 60th in teams sacks with just 18 on the season, 68th in TFL's & 87th in Run Defense.

- Vs Notre Dame they gave up 423yds (230yds rushing)
- Vs FSU they gave up 522yds (382yds passing)
- Vs BC they gave up 563yds (259yds rushing)
- Vs Wake Forest they gave up 668yds (423 passing & 245 rushing)
- Vs Clemson they gave up 551yds (298yds rushing)
- Vs UVA they gave up 311yds

What that means, they suck BAAAAADDDD. So, Enos has another opportunity to exploit a really bad Defense, but with LVille they don't have the same caliber of talent that FSU has which means there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for not carving this god awful Defense up.

Enos hopefully sticks with going more Gun & utilizing the RPO, there's so much film of this Defense getting shredded all over the field with multiple concepts you'd be hard pressed to find an OC that doesn't salivate at the thought of scheming up some big chunk yard plays vs this team. JT4, Wiggins, Deejay & company should all have a big game. They don't stop the run, or the pass or rush the passer at all, LIGHT THESE BIRDS UP Enos!

Defense:

Their best playmaker is my jit Tutu Atwell, he's their best WR & they get him the ball in various ways, he has 41rec 668yds & 7TD's. They will utilize his speed to their advantage & try to get him in one on one matchups with LB's & Safeties.

Javian Hawkins is a very good & explosive RB as well, he's got 887yds & 6TD's on the season, he may be the most dangerous RB we've faced this season, they will get him the ball in the screen game & run the ball with him a lot going with cut back zones & misdirections trying to force our LB's to over pursue.

Dez Fitzpatrick is a good WR too, I would match him up with Blades all game because I think he's a bad matchup for Ivey. He's a Deep threat WR on the long ball, we better have Safety help over top with this kid & play a lot of Double High to contain them from stretching the field.

They have a good Offense & Satterfield is a good coach, he's gonna throw the kitchen sink at Manny/Baker, our Defense needs to play smart discipline football in order to slow them down, don't get too cute with exotic Blitzes because LVille's QB Micale Cunningham will run the ball a lot (think Va Tech game except better players). They're going to try to use their speed & go with the Quick passing attack to slow down our pass rush, Defense needs to force turnovers & get off the field on 3rd downs.

We can definitely beat Louisville if we get an early lead & apply pressure on them, if we play sluggish & don't put up points & allow them to hang around all game long we'll be in danger.

Last week I felt the Defense had to put the game on their shoulders & win it, they did just that. This week I feel our Offense has such a huge advantage going up against their weak Defense that they should handle their business & give us an early lead allowing our Defense to play more comfortable & pin their ears back.

To me, it's on Enos & the Offense to put us in position to win, not saying the Defense bares no responsibility, but their offense matches up with our Defense, but their Defense is no match whatsoever for our Offense.
Beast.

Lol, he needs to earn his paycheck somehow...

The man is getting paid $1million dollars to be the OC, if he can't scheme up points & 350-400+ yards on the 101st ranked Defense then he needs to pack his bags & head back to East Lansing.

There's not a single excuse for our Offense not performing at a high level tomorrow.
Oh I wasn't disagreeing, I just didn't place much faith in the guy doing what we all think is obvious. Now having seen the game I'll say that it's amazing what a little pass protection and a few missed tackles will do. And I hope this puts to be the idea that Williams can't get the ball downfield.

Advertisement
Back