2024 Kewan Lacy 3* RB from TX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Lancaster (Texas) three-star running back Kewan Lacy made the trip from Texas to South Florida on Monday evening to check out Miami on Tuesday.

It was a successful trip after spending plenty of time around Tim Harris Jr. and running back assistant Benedict Hyppolite.

“To see the city, see the environment, talk to the coaches, get to talk to the coaches in person, put face to names,” Lacy said on why it was important to see Miami.

“It was great. I got to see stuff I can’t see through the phone,” Lacy added. “I talked to the coaches, see a lot about the campus.”

Miami is one of the schools doing what they need to do to make the 6-foot, 205-pounder feel wanted.

“They’re doing a great job. I like it over here a lot. I could possibly see myself playing here,” Lacy said.

Harris Jr. is Lacy’s primary recruiter and there are a few things that stand out about him.

“Just how down to earth he is. He still talks to me like a regular guy. When I had a meeting with him, he said, ‘I’m just a regular guy - a high school coach.’ That’s what he acts like - a high school coach. He doesn’t let anything get to his head,” Lacy said.

During practice, Lacy noticed the size of the line that Mario Cristobal, Alex Mirabal, and Ed Pata are building.

“I love it. I saw how they run the scheme. I saw how big the o-line is. They got a lot of moving pieces and they’re going to be here if I possibly come, so that’s a plus,” Lacy said.

Now that the tailback has seen Miami for himself, the Hurricanes made a move in his recruitment.

“It helped them out. I like them a lot.”

TCU will get a visit on Thursday, Ole Miss will host on Friday, and Nebraska will host next week. Baylor and Arizona State are two more who Lacy hears plenty from.

The Sun Devils are the lone program to lock in an official visit with Lacy. That is scheduled for June 22. The plan is to commit his first home game of his senior season.

As a junior, Lacy totaled 730 yards and 11 touchdowns while averaging over six yards per carry.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any relation to RB Ken Lacy who played for the Kansas City Chiefs in the mid 80's? Ken Lacy also played for the Michigan Panthers of the USFL where he was the starting FB. I believe it was 1983 and the Panthers won the USFL title that year with Bobby Hebert at QB and Anthony Carter at WR. Ken Lacy is from Waco Texas and played his college football at Tulsa.

Advertisement
Back