Kevin Sumlin - OC?

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
Figured I’d ask....

If he was interested, would Richt pull the trigger?

Kevin Wilson at OSU got me thinking.....

Maybe Richt is too confident in his own play calling abilities

Advertisement
Sumlin will get another job quick. Depending on what opens up and where he wants to live next.

Richt came back to Miami because we let him be the play caller again, something he enjoys doing. Now, I don't like some calls he makes but I see what he is trying to do. Just doesn't have the team for it yet. He'll get there. But the OL is suspect sometimes and so he may think certain plays will work but guys don't execute it. It happens in all levels of football. But make no mistake, when he allowed Georgia to let someone do the play calling he was unhappy. He's happy now and also 10-1, with a chance for the ACC championship and sniffing at a national title. He and his staff are doing a pretty **** good job if you ask me. It's never perfect and Friday sucked. But the narrative after the game was as much Pitt has a history of stepping up in big games against highly ranked teams and we were not game ready. I can't criticize any member of this team. I like these players. They play to win. I like our chances against Clemson. I may be crazy but when this team plays at a high level it is a wonderful thing to watch. I think we will see that next weekend.

Richts playcalling did not lose the Pitt game

rewatch the f'n game ten times if that's how long it takes you to understand football

Then come back and post

Advertisement
Richts playcalling did not lose the Pitt game

rewatch the f'n game ten times if that's how long it takes you to understand football

Then come back and post

this is correct but the whole point of this thread is beyond silly. Richt would quit before ever giving up play calling . He came to UM because he wanted to call plays for his Alma mater. As long as he is here he will call plays . End of story. No offense to the OP but if you think we are getting an OC not name Mark Richt you live in la la land.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt can call plays but he needs an OC to help game plan and institute new ideas and concepts.
Right now CMR has to baby Malik Rosier cause he’s not that good so he’s simplifying things for him. Kind of like how Jesus Christ did giving little parables so people could understand and his disciples asked him why he did that with people and not with his disciples. Jesus basically said cause they are like babies which need to drink milk not ready for solid food or meat. CMR is working with what he’s got man. Be grateful we’re in this position and enjoy it. Soon when he has super talented depth in our stables he will go wild and we will destroy teams!

Advertisement
Back