Kevin Sumlin for OC

Advertisement
lol he hasn't been under a fkn rock since 2012, he's been coaching, and most recently as an analyst for Lincoln Riley, so what exactly are you trying to say? Riley actually learned offense from him. lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I believe he would kill it here. He would run a spread offense similar to what TVD is use to. He's GREAT with qb's having coached and developed some of the best to ever play college or pro ball. His qb tree is unmatched, and his offenses have always been tops in the nation.

Drew Bledsoe, when he was a GA at Washington State
Brew Brees at Purdue finished 4th in the Heisman race
Jason White when he was OC at OK, Heisman winner
Sam Bradford, OC at OK Heisman winner
Kase Keenum 3 years of 5000 yds and 40 td's
Johnny Manseil, as Head coach at Ta&M Heisman winner

TVD would be the next one!!!

Most recently an analyst under Lincoln Riley.

Sumlin is a qb whisperer and offensive wiz, one of the best playcallers this game has ever seen. He struck out as HC, but there is not a better, more qualified, available OC out there.
This is the guy we should be calling!!!
Hard pass. We can do better.

Eh maybe...but let's shoot for the stars this go round bro
I think that would be, along with Herman, Mullen and a few others. People are mentioning Brady like they know he'll be a homerun, but he's never called plays. I'd take him because I've looked deeper and talked to a couple people who know more about him, but I think Sum Sum can do just as well or better. jmo
I'm all for shooting for the stars, especially since they want to spend some money now, **** get the best we can get at every staff position.

Advertisement
Look at the Arizona offense the year before he got there vs. his first season there. Hard pass.

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Advertisement
Great research and thanks...But too much one dimensional air raid on that list

I mean even the Brady/Burrow combo ran the rock for 160ypg and 4.5 ypr...

That's about as low a split as I go. A lot of spread guys are going to more of a power spread and running is up in college football compared to where it was 3-4 years ago even.

Spread concepts? Sure...One dimensional air raid? No thanks. Still need physicality.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back