Kevin Steele

This team couldn’t tackle for **** last year. It’s been a problem for years now with Miami.

IMO that’s as much of a problem as anything that happened on offense. We were ranked like #100 in the country in tackling and I’m sick of watching that soft *** ****

Advertisement
We had no corners who could keep up with a fast receiver on a go route, none.

We had a super slow middle lber who cannot cover a TE or meet a RB (or even a slow QB) bouncing outside.

We had tweener OLb’s who consistently overran plays, got washed out, and always bit on play action.

We had a safety with all size but no bite (refused to tackle)

Only 1 DE who could occasionally get pressure on QB.

From a talent standpoint this was a bad defense regardless of the playcalling.

This team couldn’t tackle for **** last year. It’s been a problem for years now with Miami.

IMO that’s as much of a problem as anything that happened on offense. We were ranked like #100 in the country in tackling and I’m sick of watching that soft *** ****
I didn’t realize we were that bad last year. Finishing #100 or close to that is just abysmal. I felt our tackling was good the first 3 games of the season, at least improved from the previous season.

Granted, we weren’t exactly playing very good competition. Then, the MTSU game (also below average competition) happened and our tackling was downhill from there. We looked like we couldn’t tackle Brad Kaaya by the end of the season.

I still felt we were improved from last couple seasons, but I was wrong. Just embarrassing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back