Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
This site really is entertaining. There is a report out there that Steele is a candidate for the Alabama DC job, not that he's been hired. Clearly that's a sign that everyone on this board should freak out and start arguing with each other about whether our current LB coach is capable of elevating to DC. I guess that one sentence post from Cribby really did heat things up.

Advertisement
So why weren’t his defenses good in texas?
I’m sure he was involved with the defense, however he wasn’t DC. My point is, you guys all act like because a guy becomes head coach, that the job they’ve mastered in their careers suddenly becomes foreign to them, and if they had to fill that role they’d suddenly become incompetent because they were too preoccupied filling HC duties.

Lol

You’d take Norm Chow as an OC right now too huh?

When’s last time Strong was a part of a good defense as a coordinator?

I’m sure he was involved with the defense, however he wasn’t DC. My point is, you guys all act like because a guy becomes head coach, that the job they’ve mastered in their careers suddenly becomes foreign to them, and if they had to fill that role they’d suddenly become incompetent because they were too preoccupied filling HC duties.

Did you just argue both sides of the argument in one post?

Advertisement
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Almost everyone knows Mario is getting at least five years… win or lose…

and that’s their fear…

Not ridiculous to give him some time.
Not ridiculous to be concerned when year 1 was a disaster based on the concerns people had with hiring him to begin with.

People are going to have to try to enjoy the ride, but if it was ok to go after the last 5 coaches, it is just fine to go after Mario.

Almost everyone knows Mario is getting at least five years… win or lose…

and that’s their fear…

Not ridiculous to give him some time.
Not ridiculous to be concerned when year 1 was a disaster based on the concerns people had with hiring him to begin with.

People are going to have to try to enjoy the ride, but if it was ok to go after the last 5 coaches, it is just fine to go after Mario.

I was mainly talking about a certain porster in the beginning of the thread who said he'd be gone after year three lol

Some have said players not being engaged or prepared for a game was on the …. coaches…
This is true but it can’t be used as a blanket for EVERY case.
****, I had all the desire in the world but was too slow. Coaching couldn’t fix that.
There were others on the team who had freak skill but lacked desire. Coaching couldn’t fix that.
Again, you make a good point but it can’t be applied to every situation.
Mario has cleaned house and is starting anew so we can assume the players who left were the ones bringing that infectious toxic I don’t give a crap attitude.
As a fan, start at one beginning this season. There may need to be more extractions but most of the cancer is gone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bring me Pruitt
I've met Pruitt on the trail when he was HC at UT. Sent off bad vibes tbh. Maybe just a bad day for him that day, but I've met 100s of coaches out crootin in my life, and to me, he was the worst. I can't see him with Mario unless he's really changed.

Collins is getting a big buyout from GT and word is he wants them to pay every cent.

More likely he takes an Analyst job so none of GT money is offse

Can’t say I’d be mad at that.
Steele is a decent DC still and really knows the game. Big upgrade from Manny. His roster last year was lackluster at best. I personally hope he stays, but if Bama truly wants him and he wants to go back there, no hard feelings.

Advertisement
I hear randy is out there. he coordinated title winning defenses and won the broyles. we should rehire him since y'all are okay with a guy who coordinated a defense back when we were still in the BCS era

Advertisement
Back